Mega Thread The Port Store Mega Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The “Pear” nickname has become so cringeworthy.

What's wrong with a nickname that sounds like the word 'Power' being shouted by an intellectually challenged Queenslander?

Port Adelaide 2020 subtle merchandise range

61V0AmzujlL._UX679_.jpg

We could just tap into the Correctional Services contract and get a real bargain on these

The “Pear” nickname has become so cringeworthy.
It was good whilst it was an in-joke amongst players and a smaller subset of fans like BigFooty. As soon as it filtered through to the mainstream base, where generation selfie has social media posts of 'go the pear!' appearing pre-game on the Big screens, it turned into just a tacky marketing idea, to appear 'edgy' (as opposed to edgie who could probably weigh in on the fruit of choice of AC/DC).

I like Pear. It’s just a bit of self-deprecating fun/humour for all the drunks and bogans and drunk bogans in the outer who don’t care (or have the capability) to enunciate “Power” properly.

No one is advocating to make our mascot a piece of fruit.
but look how good me and my brothers look
FB_IMG_1551151874681.jpg

It was good whilst it was an in-joke amongst players and a smaller subset of fans like BigFooty. As soon as it filtered through to the mainstream base, where generation selfie has social media posts of 'go the pear!' appearing pre-game on the Big screens, it turned into just a tacky marketing idea, to appear 'edgy' (as opposed to edgie who could probably weigh in on the fruit of choice of AC/DC).
#carnthepear

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port Adelaide 2020 subtle merchandise range

61V0AmzujlL._UX679_.jpg

When you wear it at games people know you’re repping the club and haven’t just come from being an identikit sketch artist’s muse

i saw a crows black and gold beanie just like that on twitter the other day. wonder why the SA clubs are doing richmond colored beanies together.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back