Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Geelong > 30 pts

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree actually, Pies have the better midfield but don't have any big name KPPs.
That's the concerning thing for me and it's the sole reason you didn't win last years premiership. I can't remember ever seeing a weaker spine from a premiership contender. A whilst I think Dangerfield and Selwood are the two best midfielders out there, yours has a more quality depth and you have one of the games premier ruckman giving them first service.

If Stanley - who I think is underrated as a ruck - can negate Grundy's influence it'll go a long way to Geelong winning the game. And Grundy still doesn't look right to me.

I think the new 6-6-6 rule at centre bounces could exploit your defence if Dangerfield and Selwood start getting on top and I'm a little surprised Greenwood didn't get a game. It's not so much the other way because of your lack of genuine tall forwards.

Just my opinion which could be wrong.

eh you're entitled to your opinion but our half backs play a key part in this system you seem to be a big fan of. Just ask our friendly tiger folk in this thread how good Crisp can be
Fair enough mate. I like Crisp as a player. I did intend so say your entire backline though.

Good game tonight, eh.

Fair enough mate. I like Crisp as a player. I did intend so say your entire backline though.

Good game tonight, eh.
I agree our key defenders are underwhelming but at least we will have key defenders tonight unlike last year...

Are you coming to the game? Should be good, hopefully this potential thunderstorm holds off

I agree our key defenders are underwhelming but at least we will have key defenders tonight..

Are you coming to the game? Should be good, hopefully this potential thunderstorm holds off
Unfortunately no, I'm still in Tweed for another 6 weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon this game is the game of the week easily.

Cats will be no pushover and the Pies looking for a decent start to the season after their GF loss that will still be stinging them. Tipping a massive game from Danger as he single handedly gets the Cats over the line in a thriller.

Cats by 4pts.

I agree actually, Pies have the better midfield but don't have any big name KPPs.

This.

I don’t know why anyone would find it particularly odd that someone would think the cats have the better man for man list. Man for man they have a better list than most sides.

Selwood, Danger, Ablett, Hawkins, Stewart, Kelly, Duncan, the unfairly maligned Blicavs, Taylor, Menegola and probably Parfitt get into any side in the comp. As is often acknowledged, the drop down beyond that is steep and it is that lack of balance that exposes us against strong teams.

Collingwood have a good, even list and everyone contributes well and they know exactly what is required to get the most out of their game plan, spearheaded by one out and out superstar in Brodie Grundy, and a bunch of classy midfielders (Pendlebury’s best football is genius but it’s also probably behind him hence I’ve rated him a bit below Grundy’s status). It’s not disrespectful in any way to rate the cats list higher.

At any rate I think it’s a close thing.

Game wise I think the pies will win, if we are in the game at 3qt I’ll be pretty satisfied

I think Collingwood might struggle to recreate their form of last year early in the season. Geelong to steal this one by 2-3 goals, even if Collingwood's 2019 outlook remains brighter.

**** stop turning every ******* thread into a Collingwood/Richmond shitfight.

Should be a good game, hopefully much better quality than last night’s rubbish. Leaning towards Collingwood but don’t think Geelong with be a pushover.

Pies by 7.

Good point. Hurry up and start the inevitable Geelong/Richmond shitfight and be done with it.

Collingwood to give neutral fans something to cheer about and start Geelong 0 - 1 for season 2019.

Collingwood by 85 points

Then hawthorn get pumped by adelaide by 57 and everyone else is happy

Anyway, good luck tonight. I am going to have some liquid refreshments. Pies by over 40 in a canter. Geelong supporters, see you in the safe house soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go west coast.
Oh sorry i thought you came on here to cheer for teams that weren't playing.
Close game give it 2 goals either way.
I did pick pies tho

Back