Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why we're a loser club at the moment. Too many people associated with Port Adelaide having this attitude.
That's just my genuine stance on things, but I don't think that's how other people have to feel, I think it's justified for people to be upset with our 15-year premiership drought
But there are actually seven clubs with longer droughts than us (Excluding the three clubs that haven't won a premiership yet)

Well if the backlash gets worse then it might actually be possible for the positions to be rearranged in order to preserve support and finances, we don't have to terminate the contract and he can continue to work with the club, IMO this would be the best possible outcome.
Thoughts?

He is employed as the senior coach, only way he moves into a different role is by choice.

Would need to be told "take this role or your gone" but cant see how he is of any benefit to the club in that situation. Only way we move forward is by him leaving.

He is employed as the senior coach, only way he moves into a different role is by choice.

Would need to be told "take this role or your gone" but cant see how he is of any benefit to the club in that situation. Only way we move forward is by him leaving.
As a coach Ken's approach has included him serving as a motivator for the players, unfortunately, his practicality is weak in this regard, but I can see him working as a coaching director or maybe even an assistant coach with this approach. He worked with a premiership Geelong in this role, didn't he?

I literally burst out laughing thinking about this club

Old mate fresh off his best win “Eva” despite years and years of evidence to the contrary picks a small for a tall for no reason and we revert to 2016/2018 levels of putrid

I mean did the guy really think winning against a flat track Melbourne and squeezing past a plucky Carlton was firm grounds to open that fart jar and breath deep?

Then with the chance to admit the mistake and revert to a winning script he double down on his failball tactics ....

How delusional is this bloke i mean honestly What.farken.planet.are.you.on.Kern ?

I am relieved because I now believe it's over...yesterday was it and it was written all over his face. Yesterday just got the ball rolling quicker.

He isn't coming back from this.

I had this scary feeling he would do just enough to justify his position as coach....but it's over.

Even if we could afford to pay Hinkley out, we wouldn’t be able to afford the football department soft cap tax (100% on every dollar over) and pay/raise a replacement.
Surely there is a performance clause in his contract ...I am sure an amicable deal can be worked out.

I reckon we are back to Essendon Rd 23 where he will lose selection choices but this time around there will be an in-house restructure as early as this week.

In Kern world he would be hoping a backs to the wall win against WC to prove his critics wrong, I don’t even think our Board would be that dumb to open up that opportunity.

The old cliche of being proactive not reactive, Ken is pretty much inactive and strings so many along with his used car sales rhetoric.

The string has run out and now the horse has bolted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am relieved because I now believe it's over...yesterday was it and it was written all over his face. Yesterday just got the ball rolling quicker.

He isn't coming back from this.

I had this scary feeling he would do just enough to justify his position as coach....but it's over.

I know there have been *plenty* of other even worse losses than yesterday’s but yes... I agree. Something about yesterday just seemed more ominous than any other past loss. Maybe not Ken’s Primus v GWS game but I think that will come this season, maybe even as early as next week where I see us losing by 80+ points.

The look on Ken’s face was telling. He literally didn’t look even slightly bothered by any of it at all. He doesn’t care. I don’t know if he ever has. This team is ****ed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is a trigger clause in his contract apparently but that isn’t until 2020. So he can, and will, utensil up this year as much as he wants and there’ll be no repercussions for now

So if we sack him now it.should be only 2 years we have to pay him out... where do I deposit my money for the "* off hinkley fund"

The look on Ken’s face was telling. He literally didn’t look even slightly bothered by any of it at all. He doesn’t care. I don’t know if he ever has. This team is ******.

i know what you mean and it really pisses me off...

'I don't worry about things you cannot control'. That statement came from Ken Hinkley in his post game presser when asked about the Ryan Burton double goal.

The point is the Coach has to share some responsibility for that sort of incident. It was pointless frustration and should never have happened and was poor self discipline on Burton's part.

Surely part of the responsibility of any Coach is to instill self discipline among the players so they do the team thing.

The Coach cannot simply shrug off ill discipline with a 's**t happens' attitude.

i know what you mean and it really pisses me off...

'I don't worry about things you cannot control'. That statement came from Ken Hinkley in his post game presser when asked about the Ryan Burton double goal.

The point is the Coach has to share some responsibility for that sort of incident. It was pointless frustration and should never have happened and was poor self discipline on Burton's part.

Surely part of the responsibility of any Coach is to instill self discipline among the players so they do the team thing.

The Coach cannot simply shrug off ill discipline with a 's**t happens' attitude.

EXACTLY!

It is not expected for the coach to be completely losing the plot at a press conference like brad Scott on steroids, but please Ken, show a bit of emotion once in a while. There is a real sense of apathy and an apparent lack of any emotional investment which has drawn supporters AWAY from the club.

Say what you want about Chocco, but at least you knew he gave everything to the club. I'm certain we can't say the same about Ken.

Is Hinkley's full press conference anywhere? The AFL site has every other full presser, but not Ken's. Wonder if the club requested for it not to be uploaded in full?

Is Hinkley's full press conference anywhere? The AFL site has every other full presser, but not Ken's. Wonder if the club requested for it not to be uploaded in full?

That'd be because it would be word for word with every other presser after similar losses, and it saves the AFL some disk space.

At this point, I think the complaints have stagnated. The message isn't getting across to the board or the club, which almost surprises me because I'd say that there are enough people in this thread for a public protest, but right now it's all talk and no action in this thread. I'm not a man of action myself, because I'm just gonna play along with whatever the club decides to do, but it sounds like there are plentiful people here who would be inclined to gab.

Say what you want about Chocco, but at least you knew he gave everything to the club. I'm certain we can't say the same about Ken.

Pretty simple for me, one's a Port man ones a Geelong man, we get what we signed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back