Scape Goat I've lost my faith in Ken Hinkley Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wines is alright but I feel he is probably 10-15% short of where his peak development should have been. Who's fault that is, i'm not sure.

tenor.gif

Wines is alright but I feel he is probably 10-15% short of where his peak development should have been. Who's fault that is, i'm not sure.

Agree with this, he's never quite taken that final step top echelon midfielder. Still, he's only 24, could potentially go up a further gear in a better system.

Is the Sack Hinkley sign still about?

It still exists. Not sure i'll be bringing it out again personally, but i'm obviously still supportive of the message.

I probably wish it said Sack Koch, but that would arguably attract even more ire from the handful of angry supporters surrounding me.

Most people were either indifferent or supportive but a few stood up and had a crack.

Ken does look lost to me - it's like has zero answers to the repeating problems with his team.

You'd think for his own health at some point he'd give it up.

Ken does look lost to me - it's like has zero answers to the repeating problems with his team.

You'd think for his own health at some point he'd give it up.
You're assuming he is stressed or anxious about us not winning.

I doubt he loses any sleep over it. As long as his fat pay cheque and tenure is secure under Koch I doubt he is particular stressed. This is the guy that threatened to break his contract and go and coach a basket case Gold Coast Suns.

IMHO Ken is a good example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

You're assuming he is stressed or anxious about us not winning.

I doubt he loses any sleep over it. As long as his fat pay cheque and tenure is secure under Koch I doubt he is particular stressed. This is the guy that threatened to break his contract and go and coach a basket case Gold Coast Suns.

IMHO Ken is a good example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I learnt something new on a Monday!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Happy nearly easter to me.

Is Hinkley's full press conference anywhere? The AFL site has every other full presser, but not Ken's. Wonder if the club requested for it not to be uploaded in full?

I would not be surprised. Surely someone at the PAFC has raised eyebrows at Ken's apathetic attitude ?

On the Port site Hinkley talks about how good Richmond are and how we need to be like them. At no stage does he say anything like, 'and getting to that point is my responsibility as the Head Coach'. I am not sure that Ken understands what his role is in all this. He talks as if it is all on the players to suddenly get there.

https://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2019-04-13/hinkley-we-didnt-make-it-hard-for-them

My questions to Ken are, 'and what were you doing while the players were letting Grimes take uncontested marks in defence. If you could see what was hurting us why not make a change to counter it?

I'd love to see a 'Sack Hinkley' sign raised during 'Never tear us apart' by someone wearing the scarf. The players running through a banner of 'never tear us apart' with an image of ken and koch would be even better, but i doubt that would get approval!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It still exists. Not sure i'll be bringing it out again personally, but i'm obviously still supportive of the message.

I probably wish it said Sack Koch, but that would arguably attract even more ire from the handful of angry supporters surrounding me.

Most people were either indifferent or supportive but a few stood up and had a crack.

Pity you dont sit anywhere near me on western stand. You would get heaps and heaps.. congrats to those who had a crack. Big footy noise is not the sentiment at the oval we the crowd is there to support the team. I have said that on a number of occasions plus the latest mistruth about the richmond game crowd. Key board posturing is not game time reality.

People say if you stopgoing to games you are hurting the club but if the club doesn't step up and do something now, Ken will achieve exactly that, people will stop going and fringe supporters may not renew. The signs are there already.

Ok shoot me down even though I am every bit as pissed off as all of you.
The club have definitely stuffed up giving him that long contract and way way too early.

But the club’s hands are pretty tied.

Ken has a contract.
If I am correct, theAFL can veto any move by the club and will not want the look of another coach sacked.
We don’t have the freedom to do as we please in that arena like the big clubs unbeholding to the AFL do.

Even if we could move him on we would have no money to cover the pay out and to get a new decent coach in.
Or the legal cost if it comes to that.

There is a footy department cap.
Why can’t people get this.?
Schoey and Monty, we don’t know if they will make good senior AFL coaches. A bit early to call them saviours.

I feel we are stuck with the situation which is as frustrating as hell.

Last edited:
I learnt something new on a Monday!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Happy nearly easter to me.
This is why Hinkley has refused to undertake any form of professional development and he only went to the USA in the off season because the club finally forced him to go.

So while he might look lost he is not stressed by it because he doesn't actually realise he is lost.

To put the Dunning-Kruger effect in simple terms, some stupid people are too stupid to realise that they are stupid.

I don't understand the whole we can't sack Hinkley mantra.

Sack him?

Replace him with an interim coach.

What do we have to lose?

We know what Hinkley offers. It's not what we need.

If Schoey has been impressive in the last six months then give him a chance.

Promote Thompson if he has been impressive. Rejig to get him some help. Offer Brogan midfield stoppages role for the season.

The club have definitely stuffed up giving him that long contract and way way too early.

Ken has a contract.
If I am correct, theAFL can veto any move by the club and will not want the look of another coach sacked.
We don’t have the freedom to do as we please in that arena like the big clubs unbeholding to the AFL do.

Even if we could move him on we would have no money to cover the pay out and to get a new decent coach in.

Schoey and Monty, we don’t know if they will make good senior AFL coaches. A bit early to call them saviours.

Indeed it is, if the last year of his contract is performance based that sees us into the end of next year.

Goodbye Gray, Westhoff, Boak, Ryder who you'd say maybe only have next year. No chance of success for them. We will take a HUGE financial hit from loss of membership revenue. Already are, it'll only get worse if Hinkley stays and we miss out again and start to lose fan favourites to retirement.

Best case (nothing more than wishful thinking) Bolton gets canned and for what ever reason they are dumb enough to make a play for him like the Suns did and we let him walk. But don't think we'll be lucky enough to be in that situation again. We could of been rid of him and KT/Koch/the board handed him a massive contract locking him in here instead.

I don't understand the whole we can't sack Hinkley mantra.

Sack him?

Replace him with an interim coach.

What do we have to lose?

We know what Hinkley offers. It's not what we need.

If Schoey has been impressive in the last six months then give him a chance.

Promote Thompson if he has been impressive. Rejig to get him some help. Offer Brogan midfield stoppages role for the season.

Money.

Assuming the last year is performance based and we aren't paying that year out. Its still a 2 year payout, 2Mil+ then add in the AFL tax for exceeding the soft cap on footy department spend. 4MIl

If we need to pay out the last year as well you're looking at 6mil including AFL tax.

Ironically keeping him will cost us at least 1Mil plus and the chance of a premiership with our ageing stars...... Whats a premiership worth ?

Ken has a contract.

I fully understand this but the decline in numbers and membership, that will be the Clubs doing not the fans.

What do we have to lose? ...
A large sum of money and a big hit to our football department spending ability under the AFL's soft cap that would see Hinkley's replacement hamstrung in a way last experienced by Primus.

This is why Hinkley has refused to undertake any form of professional development and he only went to the USA in the off season because the club finally forced him to go.

So while he might look lost he is not stressed by it because he doesn't actually realise he is lost.

To put the Dunning-Kruger effect in simple terms, some stupid people are too stupid to realise that they are stupid.

Who's above him are stupid too - they keep bringing in talent around him to what, just listen and be overridden? Doesn't seem like anything has changed in the box, they stare out the coaches box and look into the wilderness.

The two times I've seen Ken challenged are by people who are no longer there, Nicks and also Rehn, both had altercations with him caught on camera.

If Monty or Schofield walk at years end the club will be burnt to the ground.

I know through a contact they actively read social media and big-footy, they would have a pretty decent understanding of the mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back