Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not excusing the fumble either it was poor but at least he stayed switched onto the ball and what was happening in front of him. The tap to Bailey after the first fumble wasn't stupid either. At least Atley stayed in the game while he stuffed up and still kept working to contribute to the play in whatever way he could, twice. You've got give that to Atley - he doesn't drop his head very often.

Maybe. I'd be interested in seeing the GPS stats for Bailey versus Atley though. Scott had probably run just as far.

Respectfully, there's no "maybe" about it mate. How often do you see Shaun running like that? He's completely rooted (no doubt, thanks to us being so tall relative to the opposition)

He can hold his head up in all 3 games this year.

Respectfully, there's no "maybe" about it mate. How often do you see Shaun running like that? He's completely rooted (no doubt, thanks to us being so tall relative to the opposition)

I don’t think we’re too tall is the problem.

I think we’re too tall for the stupid over possession game plan we’re going with.

Don’t see teams saying the eagles are too tall.

The point is that Bailey is likely just as rooted, and he has about 7 fewer pre-seasons into him and 180 less games, but he was as clean as a whistle. Fatigue wasn't the issue, it's a composure issue with Shaun and has been since about 2014.

I don’t think we’re too tall is the problem.

I think we’re too tall for the stupid over possession game plan we’re going with.

Don’t see teams saying the eagles are too tall.

1554697435030.png 1554697461458.png

Are you available to coach North Melbourne on Saturday night?

The point is that Bailey is likely just as rooted, and he has about 7 fewer pre-seasons into him and 180 less games, but he was as clean as a whistle. Fatigue wasn't the issue, it's a composure issue with Shaun and has been since about 2014.

Now your being biased.

View attachment 650575View attachment 650577

Are you available to coach North Melbourne on Saturday night?
I don’t think I’d be the best man for the job...

tenor.gif

Unfortunatly this would probably be me in the pre game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought he was really good yesterday, had some great runs, would like to see him go longer down the line ala Brent Harvey style.

His kicking is just clean and weighted perfectly if I could name our best 3 field kickers right now it'd be

Polec
Scott
LDU.

And there's a massive power gap between them and everyone else.

Ats had 91% ToG compared to 73% for Bailey. FWIW. Still a s**t fumble but...

If he lost composure he wouldn't have had it together to stay in the contest enough to tap to a better option then shepherd the better option and leave him a clear path to run thru and settle to kick accurately.

Ats had 91% ToG compared to 73% for Bailey. FWIW. Still a s**t fumble but...

If he lost composure he wouldn't have had it together to stay in the contest enough to tap to a better option then shepherd the better option and leave him a clear path to run thru and settle to kick accurately.
Thanks for the data. It definitely adds some context.

Disagree on the second paragraph though mate, or at least I don't associate composure with those sorts of skills. IMO this is the latest in a long line of instances where Atley has either been fumbly or made awful decisions either when in traffic or under pressure. Haha this is has actually been one of my main criticisms of him since I've been on BF, I reckon.

Why tf was this future 300 gamer dropped? Rested is pathetic, after jlt and round 1 I expected him to play 22 games and be in the running for the rising star. Where do you guys see him in the future? Winger, tagger or running half back? I think he is going to play the wing beautifully in time

Why tf was this future 300 gamer dropped? Rested is pathetic, after jlt and round 1 I expected him to play 22 games and be in the running for the rising star. Where do you guys see him in the future? Winger, tagger or running half back? I think he is going to play the wing beautifully in time
Looks a perfect modern wingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back