What personal view of your football team do you have that the majority of your fellow supporters not agree with?

Remove this Banner Ad

Robert Murphy was a very self interested and narcissistic individual when wanting to captain the Bulldogs in 2017 after Easton Wood had done a fine job in 2016 and was only the second premiership captain in the clubs history.

There was absolutely no benefit to a guy turning 35 and coming back from a serious injury being captain for his last season and needlessly stalling the leadership development of others. Murphy could have easily retained a behind the scenes leadership role without being captain in 2017.

The fact that the club accepted this indicated weakness and a lack of killer instinct required for the sustained success achieved by other teams like Hawthorn.

Murphy is not a humble individual. He is a selfish narcissist that enjoys the smell of his own shits more than most.
As I chow down on my children’s Easter eggs at 10:30pm I am literally applauding you with Cadbury dripping down my chin.

That was ******* elite and 100% on the money. Murphy is not even half interesting to listen to either, he makes every topic ******* complicated and ridiculously convoluted. It’s football mate, get over yourself.

As I chow down on my children’s Easter eggs at 10:30pm I am literally applauding you with Cadbury dripping down my chin.

That was ******* elite and 100% on the money. Murphy is not even half interesting to listen to either, he makes every topic ******* complicated and ridiculously convoluted. It’s football mate, get over yourself.
He does come across as very eccentric at times on SEN too

That high membership numbers are a thing to celebrate. Yes, the atmosphere at games is great with a massive loud vocal group (sometimes quality not quantity works, like soccer), but IMO it makes the individual feel less like they're part of a club and more just part of a giant corporate business.

Not sure it makes me feel that way exactly, but I agree with your general point.

I support Richmond for the usual reasons...family, etc. and I do like that our membership base in large part helped fix our financial woes, but if I was starting from scratch and finding a club, I'd certainly pick a smaller one.

Brisbane Lions have the worst coaching staff in the AFL other than Fagan and perhaps Nobel most of them are okay at best the Lions in the next pre-season should be on the lookout for some decent assistant coaches Luke Power and Luke Hodge would be a good start
Raise you John Barker and Shane Watson.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where do I start.

Angus Brayshaw is one of more overrated players in the game, his disposal would be close to the worst in our side. He lacks composure and often just tries to kick it as long as possible, 3rd in brownlow was about as bad as when Woey won it

Oscar Mcdonald was never going to be our long term fullback. I think hes on about the level of Liam Jones except Jones can play on Franklin.

Willing to extend to Tom not being your long term forward? Or is he just out of form?

Kicked 53 goals last year. Im sure you also remember the 5 he kicked against you guys in 2017 as well. Hes a good player who is injured. Our clubs ****ed.

After round 1 everyone on the board said Tmac, Viney, Jetta and a couple others were playing injured. Jetta is now out for 10. Tmac hasnt gotten near the ball. Last year he played pre season then missed 8 weeks with a foot issue. Viney played the back end of 17 with planta fascia and then missed 3 months. Jetta has been diabolically bad this year and then look out for 10 with a knee that was already bandaged.

Joel Smith was limping in a JLT game, we sent him back out in the second half and now hes out for 2 months.

We played Lewis, Jones, Viney, Hibberd, Mcdonald and a bunch of others off no preseason.

Sorry turned it into a Melbourne rant

Eddie’s form in his last Carlton seaosn didn’t exactly help his cause. He was looking to get paid but for a lot of that season he wasn’t anywhere near the player he has been in the seasons before.

People seem to have forgotten this since his success in Adelaide. The contract he signed looked like ridiculous overs at the time, and Carlton did look smart not to match.

And another.

If Josh Kelly is not happy to commit long term we'd be better off trading him and hitting the draft.

He's a special player no doubt and our general policy has always been 2 Year contracts for young mids, I think to adjust their payments with performance. Hopper's recent 2 year extn makes perfect sense and takes him to FA when he can consider his options.

Ongoing uncertainty about Kelly's future has to be destabilising for the playing group though, and his sutuation is unique given the amount of the TPP the club has to commit. It can't be good for guys happy to commit and wanting a long term contract to see him constantly being coy about his future.

On the whole I think the club has done a great job with the culture thingy, but inevitably it's fragile with a new club, and I worry he wheels can come off quickly. I'd rather sacrifice Kelly for harmony if that's the choice.

I’m probably less of a fan of Eddie Betts than a lot of Carlton fans.

Yes the club basically chose Dale Thomas over him, but Eddie’s form in his last Carlton seaosn didn’t exactly help his cause. He was looking to get paid but for a lot of that season he wasn’t anywhere near the player he has been in the seasons before.

Just from watching him he looked like a player who had his mind on the next season.

there's a reason you have no likes on this comment.....

we are talking about a small forward who has kicked 200 goals at two seperate clubs, played 300 games, and is a good role model / family man.

of all the s**t you could come up with about Carlton, that's what you choose? come on mate

Sandilands is an overrated ruckman and not a smart footballer:

- Has the height but doesn't have a great leap
- Doesn't take enough contested marks
- Too often handballs to a team mate is under pressure
- When he has an uncontested hitout he always thumps it forward instead of looking to tap it to a runner
- His lack of ground coverage hurts us both ways.
It is easy to forget that Sandilands is actually still on your list

Remove this Banner Ad

Back