EDFL Premier Div 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen that Micks Minute. Great initiative but that’s why his the best coach in local footy..

So McGregor and O”Kearney both with serious injuries..

Not sure how a one minute take on any given game makes him the best coach in local footy Turbo. How he deals with losing his number one ruckman and the best outside mid in the comp might say more. They let Browney go home to Mansfield at his wish. Watch this space.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Best coach in local footy lmfao.
Agian you have no idea what a joke

So name a better coach at the local level. His passion and knowledge is by far the best around. 2 players down and they still find a way to win after Paco hit the front.
And I don’t follow Keilor nor care much about them but acknowledge his the best around.

So name a few better if you can..

Mick could easily coach VFL level..

Best coach in local footy lmfao.
Agian you have no idea what a joke
The real joke is making such a comment without offering a name that is supposedly better. Pointless post otherwise

So name a better coach at the local level. His passion and knowledge is by far the best around. 2 players down and they still find a way to win after Paco hit the front.
And I don’t follow Keilor nor care much about them but acknowledge his the best around.

So name a few better if you can..

Mick could easily coach VFL level..
I agree Turbo Mick is a class above and could coach VFL. But as is with most things young coaches are developing through the AFL, VFL and TAC cup systems so spots are hard to find. Mick would be an awesome mentor to those younger people wanting to coach. I think Digby Morrell talks well and communicates his message. Interested to know how the young fella at SM is going its great he is coaching. Like the standard of footy i do see a lot of old school coaching styles in div 1 and 2 but people and coaches have access to so much info these days i can only seeing coaching styles getting better

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

First half was ordinary standard of footy, very scrappy with the lots of mistakes from both teams. Second half opened up a lot & was a very good contest. Keilor had a chance to put pacco away early in the last when they dominated play and had 6 shots at goal for a return of 1 goal 5. Pacco scored a goal against the run of play and controlled the rest of the qtr hitting the lead with 90 seconds left to which Keilor responded kicking a goal with basically the last kick of the game. Gutsy for Keilor to hold on with only 2 on the bench for the last 40 minutes of the game, probably should have won by 2-3 goals but bad kicking is bad football.
Both Keilor players taken to hospital via ambulance with serious leg injuries. Okearney the more likely of the 2 to be back playing footy this year
Interested to know why foster played mainly as a forward today? Imo he is PVs best player and arguably only behind Ryan Allen as the comps best back men. Had very little influence on the game today and while Gregory was very good playing the intercept role down back I’d say pacco are a much better side when foster is playing the general role down back

Disclosure a passionate Panther fan here seen most games over the last 5 years.

Agree with LocalBlues Keilor deserved the win and a great game of local football both sides fought it out at every contest till the end.

I'm a big fan of the coaching change with Digby Morell from the outside it seems the team is more hard-working, does the 1%'s consistently and run hard in defence, I reckon the Panther sides of the last few years would have been rolled over and lost that game by 5 goals or more as Keilor applied alot of pressure for long periods of the game. 10 new young faces in that line up so I am proud of their efforts so far in 2019.

The difference in the game yesterday was ball use the Panther boys would have kicked it straight to a Keilor player at least 15 times under no pressure and against a side like Keilor you can't expect to win when that happens yet Keilor maybe did the same twice for the whole game, a lot more tidy. The positives for the young Panthers is if they can tidy that part of their game up then they will win close games against the top teams.

Now I don't like to bag my own team but I tend to agree with Localblues Foster has been a massive intercept mark player in recent years who would take 10-15 contested marks like a McGoven for the Eagles he played most of the game up forward and had no influence, in fact, the Keilor boys ran off him a bit he would have gone a long way to giving the Panthers a chance at the 4 points Adam Contessa tried him as a forward as well and it always flopped not sure if there are any coaches left or Digby bought all of his own team but someones needs to pass on the info, I could be wrong but Foster was on the bench late in the last when the game was up for grabs which was weird surely he should have been deep back when they hit the front? maybe injured?

Few other things that I reckon the coaches missed why Michael Ross isn't the designated kicker for kick ins has me buggered he is the best kick and decision maker and the Panthers just butchered the kick ins time and again having very few clean exits.

Also Matthew Watson needs to play deep forward and stay there I think McGuane would have loved it every time he seen Watson working up high taking marks on the wing I think every coach in Premier would breathe a sigh of relief when he moves away from deep 30, in the last when the Panthers nearly snatched it it was the team kicking it long to Watson deep and he nearly won it for the team. Galea never plays high he is always the deepest and it doesn't matter that all the coaches know it and its predictable to the opposition he still kicks many goals. When you have arguably one of the best contested marking beasts who is a great kick at goal why on earth would you over complicate the game I would rather Watson have 8 kicks and 6 marks and kicks 5-6 each week than 20 possessions as a high forward?

Foster deep back all game
Watson deep forward all game
Give the ball to the best kickers when you can

Glad I got that off my chest.

Agree with LocalBlues Keilor deserved the win and a great game of local football both sides fought it out at every contest till the end.

I'm a big fan of the coaching change with Digby Morell from the outside it seems the team is more hard-working, does the 1%'s consistently and run hard in defence, I reckon the Panther sides of the last few years would have been rolled over and lost that game by 5 goals or more as Keilor applied alot of pressure for long periods of the game. 10 new young faces in that line up so I am proud of their efforts so far in 2019.

The difference in the game yesterday was ball use the Panther boys would have kicked it straight to a Keilor player at least 15 times under no pressure and against a side like Keilor you can't expect to win when that happens yet Keilor maybe did the same twice for the whole game, a lot more tidy. The positives for the young Panthers is if they can tidy that part of their game up then they will win close games against the top teams.

Now I don't like to bag my own team but I tend to agree with Localblues Foster has been a massive intercept mark player in recent years who would take 10-15 contested marks like a McGoven for the Eagles he played most of the game up forward and had no influence, in fact, the Keilor boys ran off him a bit he would have gone a long way to giving the Panthers a chance at the 4 points Adam Contessa tried him as a forward as well and it always flopped not sure if there are any coaches left or Digby bought all of his own team but someones needs to pass on the info, I could be wrong but Foster was on the bench late in the last when the game was up for grabs which was weird surely he should have been deep back when they hit the front? maybe injured?

Few other things that I reckon the coaches missed why Michael Ross isn't the designated kicker for kick ins has me buggered he is the best kick and decision maker and the Panthers just butchered the kick ins time and again having very few clean exits.

Also Matthew Watson needs to play deep forward and stay there I think McGuane would have loved it every time he seen Watson working up high taking marks on the wing I think every coach in Premier would breathe a sigh of relief when he moves away from deep 30, in the last when the Panthers nearly snatched it it was the team kicking it long to Watson deep and he nearly won it for the team. Galea never plays high he is always the deepest and it doesn't matter that all the coaches know it and its predictable to the opposition he still kicks many goals. When you have arguably one of the best contested marking beasts who is a great kick at goal why on earth would you over complicate the game I would rather Watson have 8 kicks and 6 marks and kicks 5-6 each week than 20 possessions as a high forward?

Welcome to BF and great post.

Foster didn’t play round 1 and I believe his not fully fit so maybe that’s the reason for him playing forward. Agree he is one of the best back men in the comp..

Hi Cheapseat, thx for the post. Just wondering how L. Ogden is fitting in at Pacco. Very good player in GVFL but a but of a step up in EDFL.

(Also watched A.Brown (ex Kielor) Mansfield play against W. Martiniello (ex Marby Park) Benalla on Sat. Both in good form with Mansfield coming away with the points)

Why are players who are recruited from lower divisions allocated 1 extra point so most are 4 points. So an ex VFL player or VFL listed player is rated a 5 and a player from div1 or div2 moving to a premier club are rated 4.
WHAT A JOKE..

Football chiefs should be encouraging players to play better standard footy where possible, and not allocating them an extra point..System is a joke!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why are players who are recruited from lower divisions allocated 1 extra point so most are 4 points. So an ex VFL player or VFL listed player is rated a 5 and a player from div1 or div2 moving to a premier club are rated 4.
WHAT A JOKE..

Football chiefs should be encouraging players to play better standard footy where possible, and not allocating them an extra point..System is a joke!!

I thought it was the other way around turbo.
Players recruited from premier to lower divisions are allocated an extra point.

The 4 pointers you are referring to may be “premium community players” by finishing top 5 in club b&f in previous year?

I thought it was the other way around turbo.
Players recruited from premier to lower divisions are allocated an extra point.

The 4 pointers you are referring to may be “premium community players” by finishing top 5 in club b&f in previous year?

Very confusing and think why complicate things with adding points for top 5 in B&F as how is that an offical document. It’s peoples opinion and just another reason why so many people hate it as it’s got flaws..

What if a player wins his clubs goal kicking with say 35-40 goals. They shouldn’t occur an extra point. Ridiculous..

Very confusing and think why complicate things with adding points for top 5 in B&F as how is that an offical document. It’s peoples opinion and just another reason why so many people hate it as it’s got flaws..

What if a player wins his clubs goal kicking with say 35-40 goals. They shouldn’t occur an extra point. Ridiculous..

Agree with you there, very flawed in its current format and only seems to further advantage the big clubs.
It’s only positive is that it can be policed, where as we all know local footy leagues don’t have the resources to police the salary cap.

Yeah just seen that it’s been amended again.

So do all clubs now submit there top 5 B&F voting to the league each year.. Wow this could easily be manipulated by clubs or is each count now being supervised by league officials. 🤔🤔😂

Anyway this EDFL forum is becoming boring with little game summaries..

I
Yeah just seen that it’s been amended again.

So do all clubs now submit there top 5 B&F voting to the league each year.. Wow this could easily be manipulated by clubs or is each count now being supervised by league officials. 🤔🤔😂

Anyway this EDFL forum is becoming boring with little game summaries..
agree Turbs, where are all the game summaries, some of us can't get to a lot of games these days.
I will admit I am turning back to EDS, they may not make finals but they have a young group. From looking at the scores to push that Greenvale side for most of the day they did really well. But from looking at the past few reserves scores, what the club does lack is depth. Bite the bullet and get some other four and five point players in now and when that young group hits their straps in three to four years, watch out.

It’s actually not that confusing, it’s pretty simple.

Also the easiest way to not incur extra points if you lead the goal kicking or finish top 5 in the b&f is to just stay at the club your with which is actually the reason for the points system, they will even help out your club and drop you down a point, problem solved 👌🏻

It’s actually not that confusing, it’s pretty simple.

Also the easiest way to not incur extra points if you lead the goal kicking or finish top 5 in the b&f is to just stay at the club your with which is actually the reason for the points system, they will even help out your club and drop you down a point, problem solved 👌🏻

Hey mate, understand all that but there always will be recruits and players leaving here and there.
Also with no VFL reserves the players need to go somewhere and VFL clubs will recommend they play top grade local footy. So that’s a difficult one thesedays. The points system should have been amended to allow for this change. 5 points for established VFL players is fair enough but for younger types who maybe get 5-6 games at VFL level per year should be lower.

What about if a club lost 2 x 1 point players to injury in pre season or early rounds and wanted to cover them with recruits? That’s hard..
Yes the system is designed to favour clubs with good junior programs and strong under 19s.

Hey mate, understand all that but there always will be recruits and players leaving here and there.
Also with no VFL reserves the players need to go somewhere and VFL clubs will recommend they play top grade local footy. So that’s a difficult one thesedays. The points system should have been amended to allow for this change. 5 points for established VFL players is fair enough but for younger types who maybe get 5-6 games at VFL level per year should be lower.

What about if a club lost 2 x 1 point players to injury in pre season or early rounds and wanted to cover them with recruits? That’s hard..
Yes the system is designed to favour clubs with good junior programs and strong under 19s.
To be honest that’s another thing that pisses me off, I’m all for pushing players up to be play as higher level as they can but if that player doesn’t get a game in the VFL he should just go back and play at his home club. If a club like Westmeadows or Jacana for example put 8 years into the development of a player and he ends up on a VFL list then why should they lose that player to Abers or Keilor because their VFL club tells them to move. If a player decides to move to benefit his future at a higher level I can understand that but while he’s at a VFL club and misses out on a game he should just go and be a 1 pointer with his home club!

To be honest that’s another thing that pisses me off, I’m all for pushing players up to be play as higher level as they can but if that player doesn’t get a game in the VFL he should just go back and play at his home club. If a club like Westmeadows or Jacana for example put 8 years into the development of a player and he ends up on a VFL list then why should they lose that player to Abers or Keilor because their VFL club tells them to move. If a player decides to move to benefit his future at a higher level I can understand that but while he’s at a VFL club and misses out on a game he should just go and be a 1 pointer with his home club!

Kind of agree with you on this if there home club is playing div1 and that club is pushing to play premier with a future “short term” plan. But imagine being a forward in a side that is really struggling or a mid where they don’t have a decent ruckman. Will be a long year playing div1.
The loyal ones will return home once there vfl career or aspirations are done but as a stepping stone to higher footy I’m not sure about div1 footy.
A good example is Young from Airport West last season. Yes he got a couple of games for Willy (which was great) but probably not as prepared as if he was playing premier footy, with better pre season and training skills.

But there is no value in a player playing div2 EDFL footy. Total waste of time and is definitely a huge backwards step..
Ask East Sunbury young blokes with ability what happened last season in div2..Limited protection from the league.

Also need to take into account there is only 2 umpires in these divisions so unless your a strong physical forward the umpires don’t catch the holding and grabbing off the jumper.

Hoping that APW can put some wins on the board soon. Have played some good sides and don't seem too far off it.

Malual doing well for Werribee I see.

I hope they stay up as well. But Glenroy also have changed as a club over recent years and been reasonably competitive which has been great. Some great club people off field doing great things but with no 19s it’s tough. Plus they have struggled to recruit some real good “A list” players in that right age bracket (Del Busso really like him and his an A lister) however Relying on the likes of Dulic, Kite, Winter, Ferraro etc to carry the group can only take you so far in premier division.

Thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back