Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I want to see is the same level of commitment as last week. Lewis/Gunston/O'Brien/Frawley is looking like a spine to me - I love Roughy but can we play him as well??? Smith could come in for Morrison but if we are being honest he gave as more than Smith has this year though the fact Smith missed might show he was carrying an injury all along. Wingard - again only if he's ready, only if he's 100 percent. We will need to be on.

The last couple of times Hawthorn played Richmond, they played like they did against Carlton/Melbourne. If the last 3 weeks are indication, that's not how you beat Richmond, nor how you win winable games.

Keep a similar style of opening the ground up and moving it quickly to runners and there's a chance at a good showing.

Again, it's a development time so while a win is preferred, the result here nor there to me.

No way is Richmond going to give us the time and space to switch from side to side at will. they will be up in our faces at all times pressuring the kicker to just kick long to contests. They have done this successfully to us before and i expect no different this week. GWS were lazy or just not switched on. Dimma knows what will make us uncomfortable and will instruct his players accordingly.

No way is Richmond going to give us the time and space to switch from side to side at will. they will be up in our faces at all times pressuring the kicker to just kick long to contests. They have done this successfully to us before and i expect no different this week. GWS were lazy or just not switched on. Dimma knows what will make us uncomfortable and will instruct his players accordingly.
By the last quarter some the GWS efforts were shithouse

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Frawley fined $2000 for applying pressure to an opponent making a play on the football.
Makes sense.

Can they counter the charge by suggesting the AFL has not provided a safe environment for the players by making the boundary too close to the fence? Or that the fences aren't padded - noooo, not the digital advertisements!

Than its up to us to flip the script back in Dimma's face. He will approach this game the same way he has against us in the past. He isn't changing a winning formula. We need to give this mob a different look. Rance not there is massive, has destroyed us regularly. Dusty has only been average against us throughout his career, actually not that concerned about his potential impact as we seem to play him quite well.

So noone hear believes you will win the flag please surely I'm not only man alive
No one is buying your schtick.

Quit it or get a holiday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t see wingard and smith not coming back in if fit.
So that’s two in/out
As such, I can’t see us making 3 changes so I reckon rough stays at box hill.
Unless, we are worried about Richmond going in small, and swap Cegs and rough, but it would be bloody tough on Cegs
Harsh, but hopefully rough can string a few big games together

Than its up to us to flip the script back in Dimma's face. He will approach this game the same way he has against us in the past. He isn't changing a winning formula. We need to give this mob a different look. Rance not there is massive, has destroyed us regularly. Dusty has only been average against us throughout his career, actually not that concerned about his potential impact as we seem to play him quite well.

Dusty turned the game in that final last year with that ridiculous goal from the boundary in the wet. He was very good that night. But yeah, Rance has been the key, and from memory, Grimes dominated in the final. Rioli was a handful early.

This won't be easy no matter how many they have out. Their depth is incredible.

Rapt Chip is playing. He's a good match up for Lynch and is in great form in terms of negating power fwds. He looks confident.

Actually looking fwd to the game now. We've got em at a great time, and our kids are finding form. Add Chad and Smith to the mix and who knows. We're in with a great shot this week.

Dimma has had Clarko's measure in the box too. He'll be wanting revenge on his mate.

I think back to the JLT game. We were all over em until Cotchin and Riewoldt took over. Neither will be there this week.

There was nothing wrong with the way Moore played. He will be extremly unlucky to miss this week, unless Wingard is given an extra week off.

IN: Wingard, Smith

OUT: Moore (omitted), Scimshaw (injured)

B: Stratton, Frawley, Hardwick

HB: Impey, O'Brien, Sicily

C: Henderson, Shiels, Smith

HF: Burgoyne, Gunston, Wingard

F: Breust, Lewis, Puopolo

R: McEvoy, O'Meara, Worpel

INT: Cousins, Scully, Ceglar, Morrison

To counter the full press, we need to use run from half back with decisive long kicks to LEADING forwards.
Impey, Burgoyne, Sicily, Scrimshaw and TOB all capable of delivering from the back half; and I quite like the thought of giving M.Lewis the chance to clunk long balls. His marking was impressive on Sunday.

Really looking forward to see how we back up yesterday’s effort against a team that has troubled us for the best part of 5-6 seasons .

I would love us to back the guys in who got us the win yesterday and go in unchanged unless for injury .

We are getting them at a good time so I’m expecting we will give them a good game .

Richmond shouldn't be underestimated, but now is as good a time as ever to play them. They will be without Riewoldt, Rance, Cotchin, Grigg and Nankervis. Usually Rance and Cotchin tend to play well against Hawthorn over the years. I reckon we are due to beat Richmond.

So noone hear believes you will win the flag please surely I'm not only man alive
You have been a very nice and polite troll. I must say that. Troll's are very unlike that. Are u really a Smurf well a black and yellow one... kind of like dusty b4 he got tatts.

Yep and Clarko will know he knows this and will be manufacturing a game plan to counter their counter. Clarko ain’t no one trick pony ya know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back