Preview Round 9, 2019: Richmond v Hawthorn, 19 May 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hawkguru

Senior List
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Roughead with a bag and glass continues to play well in the midfield you also have smith and wingard if both are fit. good luck picking the ins, the only outs might be morrison and maybe moore (unluckly did some nice things) not sure if scrimshaw will miss with concussion. Did ceglar do enough today? i think so

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil
Moderator #6
Hmmm big selection questions here:

- Will Roughy play? Richmond are a better backline outfit than GWS. Would Roughy's experience help us? Or would his lack of pace hinder us?

- Will Isaac Smith play? Morrison did the simple things well today. Smith often does the hard things well and fluffs the easy.

- Will Wingard play? He's too good to leave out. Wonder how he would have gone today?

- Will Howe come back in? I really like him, but understand the omission.

Interesting times. very very interesting times.

PhatHQ

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I’d really like to see no change purely because the team balance looked great.

Smith being “managed” for another week should be enough to inspire him to lift his game. His long bombs weren’t missed today at all.

Wingard is really interesting.
I would like to see him do a mini Pre season & learn the systems better & get him super fit & firing for the second half of the season.
3 weeks & the bye to get him up & about would be perfect.
He had a great summer from memory til he had the hamstring issue & I think it has hurt his output.
Yes he is learning a new system & yes I think he has had some great moments but if he has some serious juice in his legs to run more in the midfield rotations & we are sitting in the 8 his skills & match winning abilities will be huge!
Throw in a possible return of Mitchell & we are a very dark smokie in finals.

No change

Dinsdale

Moderation of beer
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
East Perth, House Targaryen, Beer
Looks like Nankervis has done a groin injury for Richmond so they'll be without their best ruck. Wonder if that will affect our decisions at all.
Big Boy and Cegs combined well today, Cegs resting in the forward line (for 2 nice straight goals), Ben in defence at times. I'd keep them both in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cryptor

Premium Gold
AFL Club
Hawthorn
OUT: Moore (omit)
IN: Wingard

OUT: Scrimshaw (concussion)
IN: Smith

OUT: Frawley (suspension)
IN: Roughead

If Scrimshaw and Frawley get up then Smith and Roughy might just have to wait to crack back in. For the most part the team today earned the opportunity to back it up.

AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
HAWTHORN
OUT: Moore (omit)
IN: Wingard

OUT: Scrimshaw (concussion)
IN: Smith

OUT: Frawley (suspension)
IN: Roughead

If Scrimshaw and Frawley get up then Smith and Roughy might just have to wait to crack back in. For the most part the team today earned the opportunity to back it up.
Surely Frawley doesn’t go for that?

Mrzohs

Club Legend
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The only possible out would be Scrimshaw with concession maybe a fit I.smith comes in.
Morrison was good today, Moore is on the fringe but i like to see all young players be judged off 3 games in a row

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom