Preview Round 14, 2019: St.Kilda v Brisbane - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 22nd June, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 41 69.5%
  • Lions

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the special almost “Father and Son” relationship between the coach and Armo, still a fair chance #20 runs out again this weekend.

Changes?

5yzwjk.jpg
You're still old, that's your fault,
There's so much you have to know
Find the ball, settle down,
If you want you can retire
Look at me, I am Cho, but I'm happy

My preferred changes (I know there's zero chance of it happening)

Out: Newnes, Kent, Armitage
In: Hannebery, Paton, Carlisle

B: Marsh, Brown, McKenzie
HB: Savage, Wilkie, Battle
C: Hannebery, Ross, Billings
HF: Sinclair, Bruce, Paton
F: Parker, Carlisle, Membrey

Foll: Marshall, Gresham, Acres
Int: Dunstan, Clark, White, Hind

Leave Carlisle as a deep option for the entire game - we saw a limping Brandon White get the footy in dangerous positions just because he was forced to play deep. Carlisle could do serious damage in that role and would give us so much more structure going forward. Brown stays in to take one of Hipwood/McStay/Smith. For the love of god please just give Acres a full game in the middle. Mids to rotate through the forward line instead of persisting with small forwards who aren't up to it.
dont understand your hate for Kent ... bit like your hate for Clint Jones back in the day i find it puzzling .. there were certainly players not performing their role worst than Kent who should be on the block more

the only think i would look at is what was up with Josh Bruce? Derm said on the telecast that in the week leading up to the game it was the best he had seen him move this year but come game time he looked like he is hobbled by something ... i know its not effort cause Bruce brings that in spades.. its not likely to be confidence cause i dont think Bruce has any doubts in his ability so it must be his body ... for a guy who is so very important to us i would hate to think we are playing him underdone and risking further injury just to keep a structure ...

If you go through the various threads, various people want :
White, Brown, Bruce, McKenzie , Parker, Sinclair , Armitage, Newnes, Clark, Kent, Dunstan and Acres dropped.

On Kent, why, when we were struggling to kick goals, would we drop someone who kicked 2?
Parker goes way before Kent does , Lets hope Parker doesnt turn out to be a flash in the pan

If you go through the various threads, various people want :
White, Brown, Bruce, McKenzie , Parker, Sinclair , Armitage, Newnes, Clark, Kent, Dunstan and Acres dropped.

On Kent, why, when we were struggling to kick goals, would we drop someone who kicked 2?
Sinclair could do with a kick in the butt as much as Newnes TBO , for a bloke that plays part mid - wing -half forward he doesnt get it enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sinclair could do with a kick in the butt as much as Newnes TBO , for a bloke that plays part mid - wing -half forward he doesnt get it enough
Sinclair could do with a bit more consistency but I would give him a leave pass this week because IMO his possession in the last minute of the game was instrumental in us having a "W" against our name. Also we don't know what his role is from week to week. Some weeks his role might not allow him to get a lot of possessions.

Parker goes way before Kent does , Lets hope Parker doesnt turn out to be a flash in the pan
personally dropping him would be exactly that ... the guy looks to run on the positive reinforcement dropping him i reckon would do more harm than good long term... thats not to say he isnt above being dropped but i think you need to weigh up the pro's and cons of dropping him.. if there is a player beating down the door to take his spot then yeah , if he stops doing the non-negotiables of the team then yeah, if he is not bringing the pressure and the chase then yeah...
at the moment his goal output is poor , his turnover rate is high but therse no small forward that is killing it at Sandy, he does the team thing during games and is doing the right things at training, he also is chasing hard bringing second and third efforts so i wouldnt drop him

Sinclair could do with a bit more consistency but I would give him a leave pass this week because IMO his possession in the last minute of the game was instrumental in us having a "W" against our name. Also we don't know what his role is from week to week. Some weeks his role might not allow him to get a lot of possessions.
i agree i think Sinc is often tasked with roles that perhaps sacrifice his game for the sake of the team .. to us dumdum fans in the crowd we would look at it thinking hes not performing but internally he may be holding his role exactly as what is being asked of him ...
its an indication of where our team are at we dont always have the luxury of playing the guys in the roles that best suit them as we need them in the rolse to best suit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back