Votes: 109 49.1%
  • Jayden Short

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 175 78.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That game was the first time in recent memory that I can remember feeling that we were controlling the air all over the ground.

We're not a team of smalls any more.

Yeah I wanted to say this earlier. From the game it looked like we hit the perfect balance of talls and smalls. Best balanced team in years.

I reckon we just need to tweak the midfield now. We need at least 1 more full time mid, possibly 2.

Yeah I wanted to say this earlier. From the game it looked like we hit the perfect balance of talls and smalls. Best balanced team in years.

I reckon we just need to tweak the midfield now. We need at least 1 more full time mid, possibly 2.
Hoping Ross or Pickett can come in and contribute. Time is well and truly against them though.

Really pleased with this one, had a fantastic day out at the G surrounded by some lively fans. It was a dream come true for my mates and I seeing Chol on the G for the first time. We've been waiting for this moment since he got drafted as he's become somewhat of a cult figure for us, that almost goal at the PR end had us bobbling about like you wouldn't believe.

Onto the game though! Gee Lynch is coming along well, thank god we picked him up or our season would've ended many rounds ago. There was a passage of play where he channelled his inner shedda with a lightning handball to jack near the boundary. Quite the awareness on him to pull that one off! Egg is coming along as should be expected, mind you it's his 2nd afl game going against the giants. Had a handful of moments where he was caught in a compromised position for not passing the pill earlier, however, in my eyes he made up for it with many more silky transitions to set up some decent passages. Doesn't change the fact that we need to be banking wins and putting the best team forward, so he probably makes way for Graham.

As beneficial as it was for us, I feel for Coniglio. Very unfortunate for the poor guy to go down like that so early, I agree with the belief that our conditioning staff wouldn't have sent him out had he been wearing the yellow sash.

Hoping Ross or Pickett can come in and contribute. Time is well and truly against them though.

Grand Final Sep 30 Crows Win 108-60
Preliminary Final Sep 23 Giants Win 103-67
Qualifying Final Sep 8 Cats Win 91-40
Round 23 Aug 27 Saints Win 122-81
Round 22 Aug 20 Dockers Win 155-51

Jack Graham didnt make the team until round 22, in '17 - still time left for Ross, Pickett.

Pickett could come in and cause havoc :)

Sorry to be a neg out Neville here, but, anyone thinking Pickett is coming into the senior team at all ahead of Higgins, Caddy, Baker, Menadue, Makrov, etc has rocks in their head. He will be a mile off the pace of AFL footy. Let's see if he can get a kick in the VFL first hey?

Jack made a difference to Lynch straight away. In a stupid way I’m glad he’s been out otherwise we’d have smashed teams and been in last years weird space at this point of the year. I prefer where we are now.
Would’ve preferred if we had the band back for the Crows game so we could have an extra win, but point taken. We either storm into finals in form and place to win it, or we have neither.

Sorry to be a neg out Neville here, but, anyone thinking Pickett is coming into the senior team at all ahead of Higgins, Caddy, Baker, Menadue, Makrov, etc has rocks in their head. He will be a mile off the pace of AFL footy. Let's see if he can get a kick in the VFL first hey?
No one has seen him play yet so why put a ceiling on what sort of impact he may be able to have.

People said the same he wont play comments about Ross, Stack etc.

Pickett is every chance of not only making the team but playing very well this season

A genuine thank you for lowering my expectations. I did have rocks in my head.

Now, when he comes in and stars I am going to get an even bigger kick out of it than before. :)

People said the same he wont play comments about Ross, Stack, Garthwaite etc.

Pickett is every chance of not only making the team but playing very well this season
Im not sure, we had alotless to choose from when they got their chance but also now it’s the balance of rewarding players for their efforts and picking the best preformers.
We’ve already got 26 to choose from and we are going to get more back in 2-3 weeks not to mention the possability of Rance later

No one has seen him play yet so why put a ceiling on what sort of impact he may be able to have.

So a bloke who basically hasn't played all year in the ******* WAFL, hasn't played a game of VFL yet, will maybe start playing VFL in 2-3 weeks is gonna come into the senior team? Who seriously thinks that is actually gonna happen? It's the stuff of fantasy and nonsense.

A genuine thank you for lowering my expectations. I did have rocks in my head.

Now, when he comes in and stars I am going to get an even bigger kick out of it than before. :)

Yeah righto, he's the next Deisel Williams. My bad. Holy s**t. Have i had some magic mushrooms with my lunch or something with what i am reading?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a bloke who basically hasn't played all year in the ******* WAFL, hasn't played a game of VFL yet, will maybe start playing VFL in 2-3 weeks is gonna come into the senior team? Who seriously thinks that is actually gonna happen? It's the stuff of fantasy and nonsense.
Stack did it...

Stack did it...

Stack had how many games in the VFL and an AFL pre season behind him. What's Pickett had? And he's already ahead of Higgins, Caddy etc is he?

Im not sure, we had alotless to choose from when they got their chance but also now it’s the balance of rewarding players for their efforts and picking the best preformers.
We’ve already got 26 to choose from and we are going to get more back in 2-3 weeks not to mention the possability of Rance later

We are still playing DES ...

the team is not as invincible as we would hope

i wont right off Pickett. might be the secret weapon

Hardwick send when he recruited him if he wasn’t injured he would have played him, albeit probably in jest. No doubt he’s missed a heap of footy but he’s still been doing all the running which is crucial for AFL. If he comes out and dominates the vfl I’ll guarantee they will get him into the side ASAP. He looks to have a fair bit of talent and they ain’t gonna waste it in the vfl.
Time will tell.

Hardwick send when he recruited him if he wasn’t injured he would have played him, albeit probably in jest. No doubt he’s missed a heap of footy but he’s still been doing all the running which is crucial for AFL. If he comes out and dominates the vfl I’ll guarantee they will get him into the side ASAP. He looks to have a fair bit of talent and they ain’t gonna waste it in the vfl.
Time will tell.

We wouldn't of drafted him if we didn't think he can play, but, 6 rounds to go, he is still yet to play, I'm just being a realist for season 2019.

And???? It's a state league, you can put a clip up of a million players doing those things. Like i said, how about he gets a kick first in our VFL team. Ben Nason and Mitch Farmer probably had awesome highlight reels as well.

And???? It's a state league, you can put a clip up of a million players doing those things. Like i said, how about he gets a kick first in our VFL team.
He can play the game, shows the skills is up against men and hard physical bodies...got plenty of kicks in that clip...

If DES can get a game so can Marlion!

Again, a player 2 years into our system and has performed at VFL level already. Care to show me some VFL highlights if Marloin "the next jesus/dusty" Pickett?

In: Caddie, Naish. Out: Rioli, Eggmolessie. Rioli has been putrid this year, thinks him and Fevolas daughter are posh and becks. Needs a reality check in the magoos until he strings a few dominant performances together. It sh!/$ me how someone like Bolton can have an ordinary game then gets dropped til he dominates 4 in a row. Get rid of the double standards dimma and drop Rioli. Oh and I was at punt rd yesterday freezin my arse off I dunno what the stats were but naish and caddie were great. Garthwaite is coming along nicely love his gut running for a big fella. Menadue will be playing suburban footy next year.

Selection will be interesting in the coming 6 weeks. With just about everyone back do we slant our selections towards what a possible finals team may look like? If that's the case where do the likes of Naish sit? By this stage back in 2017 we pretty much settled on 25 and largely stuck with it.

Back