List Mgmt. Trade & Draft UltraThread- Warning, May Contain Speculation #combinethethreads

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is having an impressive season at Claremont and your suggestion is a good one.
He has improved every season for the last few years. He is , as you rightly point out , far from the finished product and has further scope for improvement.
Given the severely depleted stocks of young ruckmen in this years draft cohort , I would be happy to punt on Goddard .

He has benefit big time this season being under the tutelage of Percy Johnson so that shows two things :
1. He has the capacity to learn.
2. He still have not reached his potential, he has lots of upside.

People forget that someone like Scott Wynn plodded away as a less than spectacular ruckman with the Dogies from the ages of 21 - 26 then absolutely blossomsed from 26 - 32 becoming the leagues best ruckman.
From memory he was the last non midfielder to have won the Brownlow Medal.
Rucks take much longer to mature and realise their full potential.

I am on the Goddard train and would endorse looking at picking him up with a late pick/ rookie pick .
Just imagine how good he might become when he learns how to jump at ruck contests. I doubt that Percy has been able to demonstrate this aspect of rucking.

And to think, those 27 pages you spent tying to convince us all, that we should target Kruezer now go down in history of mere pointless speculation. Mods, can we get this thread cleaned up and delete all of those time wasting speculative posts.

Also, fold the club. Bloody disgraceful that they weren’t more proactive getting in his ear before he signed on with Carlton again.
An unreasonable exaggeration.

If you think my misgivings about Hickey are misplaced, that's fine. If you think any suggestion that Kreuzer would have/could have offered an upgrade is wrong, that's fine. Fair-minded people can disagree on those points. But why not discuss the substance?

IMO, we should be looking at available ruckman at the end of this season. Kreuzer is no longer on that list but that doesn't alter the premise. Do you disagree?

Last edited:

An unreasonable exaggeration.

If you think my misgivings about Hickey are misplaced, that's fine. If you think any suggestion that Kreuzer would have/could have offered an upgrade is wrong, that's fine. Fair-minded people can disagree on those points. But why not discuss the substance?

IMO, we should be looking at available ruckman at the end of this season. Kreuzer is no longer on that list but that doesn't alter the premise. Do you disagree?

Do you really believe that my post was either unreasonable or an exaggeration? Please provide appropriate evidence. I will respond to the rest of you post when we can come to an appropriate agreement on this contentious issue.

It’s like a bloody black hole, isn’t it? I think we’ve all been sucked in at times despite the best of intentions to steer clear.

Do you really believe that my post was either unreasonable or an exaggeration? Please provide appropriate evidence.
No one is suggesting we fold the club because we didn't recruit Kreuzer. Obviously.

However, as I said, I think we should seek to add another ruckman at the end of the season. Not sure why that's deemed controversial or inflammatory?

I'm being perfectly civil. Folks are flying off the handle for the sake of it.

Last edited:
It’s like a bloody black hole, isn’t it? I think we’ve all been sucked in at times despite the best of intentions to steer clear.
Haha yep ,it was my turn last night.but i was up for a debate.at least he's back tracked on his kreuzer love. i dont think anyone is debating another ruckman may be needed especially if naitanui cant make it back permanently but his refusal to concede anyone may have a decent opinion thats not the same as his is out of control.ive got him on ignore now anyway.probably not long til hes copped another ban anyway

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha yep ,it was my turn last night.but i was up for a debate.at least he's back tracked on his kreuzer love. i dont think anyone is debating another ruckman may be needed especially if naitanui cant make it back permanently but his refusal to concede anyone may have a decent opinion thats not the same as his is out of control.ive got him on ignore now anyway.probably not long til hes copped another ban anyway
My very mild criticism of Hickey apparently upset people. Now "no one is debating" that we could do with another ruckman? OK.

As for "backtracking" on Kreuzer, he signed a new deal with Carlton. So yeah, we're not getting him as a FA. Is that "backtracking"? Or just being able to process information?

Last edited:
So we have just had a dull posting session on Hickey.

The trade was as follows:

Assuming current positions are maintained and forgetting the points that will be in play and compo picks(effective for both years), that means we have traded for a pretty close replacement for Lycett and received pick 19 for compensation and paid out pick 57 for Hickey and saved a bunch of salary cap.

St Kilda have picks 4, 55, 69 and 76 as of this week. On points, it is the 14th lowest hand for the draft. The club are talking as if this is a great club with a strong list and the reality is that they have a poor list and the short term prospects are poor. I can see they will be wanting to get more picks and they may well look to be a seller.

Blake Acres will be an interesting proposition. I would happily offer up our second rounder for him. Thoughts?

St Kilda have picks 4, 55, 69 and 76 as of this week. On points, it is the 14th lowest hand for the draft. The club are talking as if this is a great club with a strong list and the reality is that they have a poor list and the short term prospects are poor. I can see they will be wanting to get more picks and they may well look to be a seller.

Blake Acres will be an interesting proposition. I would happily offer up our second rounder for him. Thoughts?

Bring on BlAkres

Not against the idea he will be 24 in a couple of months, so plenty of football left in the tank.

He is an interesting one as I have never questioned his ability, rather its his durability that I have had concerns about.

If I couple that with our recruiters general poor hit rate with late second round picks, then he is a known and as such is probably worth the punt.

It might be an opportunistic time to persuade him and his management to part ways with the Saints and move home.

Our second rounder but NOT Sydney's.

Uummmmmm .. yes I would do that trade. :whitecheck:

He might look good running around in the # 7 next season.

Our second rounder is on the mark for Acres. Would love to have him across. Worst case scenario is I can see him playing Masten's role because he has the running ability, the skills and importantly is a million times better one on one and in the air.

Best case is he is a starting centre square mid. When given the opportunity off a full preseason he did very well through the midfield for the saints.

I am aware of the first SPP issue. What was the second? I would still take him if other trades fell through and back in our culture but if he is a complete liability, maybe not.
He posted a pic on Instagram in his undies lying on a bed with a girl very close to his wanger. Outrage at the time, as disrespectful etc....

SPP also has some undesirable friends back in Perth.

During a pre season match here he had some of his mates as guests of Port. They racially abused some Sudanese Eagles supporters and almost started a brawl.

2 years ago blake acres for Gaff was ridiculed by st. Kilda board . 2nd round for Acres I would deal .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back