Preview Round 21, 2019: St.Kilda v Fremantle - Marvel Stadium, Sunday 11th August, 1:10PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 37 71.2%
  • Dockers

Votes: 15 28.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not saying I prefer Dmac to White but the best explanation I've been able to think up is perhaps they see White in the more attacking half back role that is occupied by Clark and Savage and don't see him as suited to the lockdown roles they want Dmac/Paton to play.

A little flimsy but in that light it makes more sense as to why White doesn't seem to get a look in spite of clear vfl form.
I get that but honestly from what we've seen White is a better 1v1 defender than dmac anyway.

I see the great kick. Don’t see the other things. I think the club are the ones writing him off
Fair enough, every one sees things differently. It is fairly clear at this stage that the club has written him off, for me thats a shame we couldn't make it work. Im sure wr can both agree great kicks is something we need more of

Agree if fit Webster ahead of White. Considering who we ourselves and other clubs ave used draft picks on, unless White wants to quit football if he isnt on our list he would nearly be a certainty to get picked up
He might get picked up, but I think the myth of Brandon White has grown so much on here that people will be surprised when he goes to another club and the exact some thing happen to him.

He might get picked up, but I think the myth of Brandon White has grown so much on here that people will be surprised when he goes to another club and the exact some thing happen to him.
Not saying I'm a big fan, but it has been a strange year for White. Numerous injuries to our side, he has clearly been our best performed player in the 2s and yet played one game, in which he got injured but still did some good things. Obviously his papers are stamped but I think we underused him this year.

Last edited:
Is Dmac categorically better than White though? I and a lot of people would argue not, Dmac can still get a game so if White is better it's logically coherent to suggest he could also get a game. Until we know I don't care if he's the second coming of christ or a list clogger, I just want to know if he can play and the fact he's been our best performed player in the VFL but still can't even get a look in over someone like McKenzie is an indigtment on the selection integrity at our club.

Fair enough, every one sees things differently. It is fairly clear at this stage that the club has written him off, for me thats a shame we couldn't make it work. Im sure wr can both agree great kicks is something we need more of
Not if you don’t have other things. I’m also no fan of savage and he is also a great kick. I’d like great decision makers first especially from half back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

we must... MUST!!! shut down Walters ... between him and Hill they are the only thing keeping Freo alive when they lose interest ... forget Fyfe we need the hard take out of the action tag applied to Walters...
Roma becomes super important in this game his agility he needs to forget about winning the taps against Lurch (sandilands) and play as our extra midfileder to reed off his taps.. Roma needs to blow up the tank of Sandi make him run all game, he will get off the leash and hopefully drift forward to become dangerous ...

Parker needs to be put on ice for the rest of the season , he has run out of puff i would rest him from VFL and AFL let him recharge the batteries and look towards 2020 with him.
i would roll the dice with both Hannas and Steven and get Webster back in ASAP... Freo have their tails up after beating Geelong , suddenly Ross is back as the master but really not much changes .. Freo are mentally weak the list they have is easily a top 8 list they just dont have the desire to pull it all together they rely on 3 or for blokes who actually give their all to lift the team we need to stop them

He's been one of the best all year at Sandy, his kicking is something our team desperately needs, he hasn't played a bad game in the AFL, and players who have performed worse than him at AFL AND VFL level have gotten games instead. Thats not a myth, thats fact. Even if people dont rate him then thats fair enough, but his non selection this year has been very strange.

He's been one of the best all year at Sandy, his kicking is something our team desperately needs, he hasn't played a bad game in the AFL, and players who have performed worse than him at AFL AND VFL level have gotten games instead. Thats not a myth, thats fact. Even if people dont rate him then thats fair enough, but his non selection this year has been very strange.
It probably shows 2 coaches don’t see enough good in his game. Take an average of probably 5 or 6 kicks a game off him because of kick outs from full back and his stats are overly good. And he plays the same as savage. Not sure two of those type in our team help us much.

When your claim to fame as a footballer is that you can run for a long time. Not even particularly fast, just for long.
January 12 time-trial results:

1st: Phillips (fitness must be keeping him on the list because its not his football)
2nd: DMac (3 more years of being bad in defence, shifted forward, ineffective forward, dropped, terrible in VFL, selected, liability in defence, moved forward)
3rd: Geary (top 3 finish at his age, lets make him captain)
4th: Newnes (Mr.Undroppable himself)
5th: Sincs (walk up start despite averaging 9 kicks a game this year. I guess champion data said he was an elite wingman 3 years ago)
6th: Ross (lets make him captain if Geary gets injured. His running and kicking is about on par with Geary)

But absolutely nothing to see here. Certainly no correlation between January time trial results and treatment by coaches whatsoever ...

I wonder if Pierce finished in front of Roma? Would certainly explain Rd1

Last edited:
It probably shows 2 coaches don’t see enough good in his game. Take an average of probably 5 or 6 kicks a game off him because of kick outs from full back and his stats are overly good. And he plays the same as savage. Not sure two of those type in our team help us much.
Yep, his papers are clearly stamped. I just dont get it.

Is Dmac categorically better than White though? I and a lot of people would argue not, Dmac can still get a game so if White is better it's logically coherent to suggest he could also get a game. Until we know I don't care if he's the second coming of christ or a list clogger, I just want to know if he can play and the fact he's been our best performed player in the VFL but still can't even get a look in over someone like McKenzie is an indigtment on the selection integrity at our club.

yeah, Richmond reckon they won their premiership of the back of selecting players in form despite position. If someone deserves a spot find them a spot. We still want to punish White for being lazy in preseason.

January 12 time-trial results:

1st: Phillips (fitness must be keeping him on the list because its not his football)
2nd: DMac (3 more years of being bad in defence, shifted forward, ineffective forward, dropped, terrible in VFL, selected, liability in defence, moved forward)
3rd: Geary (top 3 finish at his age, lets make him captain)
4th: Newnes (Mr.Undroppable himself)
5th: Sincs (walk up start despite averaging 9 kicks a game this year. I guess champion data said he was an elite wingman 3 years ago)
6th: Ross (lets make him captain if Geary gets injured. His running and kicking is about on par with Geary)

But absolutely nothing to see here. Certainly no correlation between January time trial results and treatment by coaches whatsoever ...

I wonder if Pierce finished in front of Roma? Would certainly explain Rd1

I doubt Pierce has finished yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back