List Mgmt. 2019 Trade & Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
God we do that in heartbeat. It’s almost a win win win trade for everyone. Now just thrown in Jmac and let’s get it done :)

How is that a win for Freo? Giving up two players selected at 3 and 5 in the LDU draft and both showing why, for one older gun and a nothing draft pick? They'd laugh at us.

How is that a win for Freo? Giving up two players selected at 3 and 5 in the LDU draft and both showing why, for one older gun and a nothing draft pick? They'd laugh at us.
Freo want Zurhaar but don’t think he would go and don’t think we would let him go. They need a replacement for Ballantyne and or Hill.

Spitballing here:

North: Pick 5 & Higgins to Geelong
Freo: Cerra & Brayshaw to North
Geelong: Kelly & 36 to Freo

approved-stamp-icon-4.jpg

Full rebuild isn't an option under any coach. 2019-14th ( current) 2018- 9th. 2017-15th. 2016- 8th.

we just need to be realistic and smart in the off season.

We just don't need it, but we do need to get aggressive with a few list spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We just don't need it, but we do need to get aggressive with a few list spots.

I agree snake, where do you see our gaps? For mine we still lack run, poise and ability to hit a target from the back half.

Ahern & EVW will give us that skill down back. McDonald and EVW are two currently unavailable that we see as valuable contributors. Daw we're banking on coming back.

Zurhaar will spend time in the guts in 2020. Will Walker is another we expect to be a permanent fixture, I'm unsure where he best fits? tbh.

hall was a bust in 2019 but that doesn't mean 2020 will be the same, is what we need. Bailey Scott is a hard runner both ways. Curtis Taylor and Hosie (may play next week).

Where do 'we' ( BF posters) see the likes of LDU fitting in? One of the few we have that has value. We need a quality small fwd x2 would be awesome.

Xerri- what's the plan? Is looking mighty fine imo.

I agree snake, where do you see our gaps?

Thommo & Sam: Retired

Of course, I hope I am wrong about all of them

Dec Watson (delisted/Qld trade): Just hasn't.
Aaron Hall (?): How bad is his knee & other issues, and how long is his contract?
Ben Jacobs (potential delist/rookie) : Payout, and if retained & plays, he MUST finish next season strongly. Rookie swap for Zurhaar.
Sam Durdin (trade): Should be looked at if an S.A. offer arises.
Mason Wood, Taylor Garner & Kayne Turner (potential trade): Hard done by with injuries and bad deployment, but ultimately just cameo players at the moment. Can they bring more under Rhyce?

Rookies

Tom Murphy (delist): Isn't tall enough or quick enough.

That's enough for one year, but Xerri would want to show something consistently by the end of next year & Majak has to return to AFL with consistent footy.

Supercoach approved?

Do I get to wear the cap with the propeller now?
Bullshit. Needs to involve two extra clubs, Turner, JMac and land Papley and maybe somebody from St Kilda or Carlton. Goldie in the mix, even if he is a free agent. That never stopped supercoach traders in the past.

Aaron Hall (?): How bad is his knee & other issues, and how long is his contract?
Ben Jacobs (potential delist/rookie) : Payout, and if retained & plays, he MUST finish next season strongly. Rookie swap for Zurhaar.
Mason Wood, Taylor Garner & Kayne Turner (potential trade): Hard done by with injuries and bad deployment, but ultimately just cameo players at the moment. Can they bring more under Rhyce?

Rookies

That's enough for one year, but Xerri would want to show something consistently by the end of next year & Majak has to return to AFL with consistent footy.
Has another year :-D

Rookies

Big call on Murphy. I think he was recruited for his kicking and marking.

Is Higgins gone? Should we happy to get something for him before it is too late?

Big call on Murphy. I think he was recruited for his kicking and marking.

He's slow for his size and he's 189cms. EVW & Crocker are ahead of him.

The retirements of Wright & Thompson might save him.

The whole "packaging all the players you don't like for anything" is the worst. Like, using the 5th rounder you'd get for Turner on someone youre going to delist in two years isn't better than keeping him as depth.

Its arguably alot worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back