News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's rarely the reason for anything AFL related. Look at AFLX, that would've cost near on a million for a single day.

The reserves comp could be paid for by the teams using the fees they already pay to the state leagues they compromise.

Could just as easily be the VFL teams are happy with current arrangements and don't fancy traveling

TBH not sure what it would cost to run a league and if the fees paid would cover it

Yes it may be the victorian teams but you would think if their entire squad could get used to the travel factor it would only advantage them

I thought this was more than a financial review?

No one knows, but I doubt they would be caling for a financial review alone, for a club succeeding in that area, you would think its an entire club review covering everything including financial as the may cross over into saying we should spend more money, but if the finances dont allow it, that wont be recommended

Isn't it more you said Fremantle were average and which you have not proven?

Nah it was people saying Freo were dominant that year.
With 6th best % of 114% and losing 23% of their games winning only 4 games by over 50 points.

Put simply you cant have it both ways.

Then people decided to prove Hawthorn were dominant in 2015 losing 28% of regular season games and 33% of finals.
Somehow 2 dominant teams and neither were dominant.

Jenkins interview came across as very stubborn. He realised and even spoke about how clubs are starting to take back a bit of power.

Every year theres a tonne of players breaking their contracts in trade period and now clubs are looking at doing the same.

Not sure if he really believes hes best 22 and that he'll be fine or he's just trying to make the club look bad when he gets shunted.

Nah it was people saying Freo were dominant that year.
With 6th best % of 114% and losing 23% of their games winning only 4 games by over 50 points.

Put simply you cant have it both ways.

Then people decided to prove Hawthorn were dominant in 2015 losing 28% of regular season games and 33% of finals.
Somehow 2 dominant teams and neither were dominant.
No you said Lyon got Freo, an average team, into a grand final.

No you said Lyon got Freo, an average team, into a grand final.

Yes. They finished quite high for 3 years because of a good team with very good coaching.
They were never dominant.
Put it this way. Do you think Pyke would've taken that group to 3 straight top 4 finishes?
Seeing as he's had a more talented group and managed 1 in 4 seasons I'd assume no.

Yes. They finished quite high for 3 years because of a good team with very good coaching.
They were never dominant.
Put it this way. Do you think Pyke would've taken that group to 3 straight top 4 finishes?
Seeing as he's had a more talented group and managed 1 in 4 seasons I'd assume no.
Who knows where we would have finished last year without the injury crisis. We won 12 which is more than we won this year.

This year the side has fallen off a cliff.

Freos side was equal to our best and better than our worst.

Who knows where we would have finished last year without the injury crisis. We won 12 which is more than we won this year.

This year the side has fallen off a cliff.

Freos side was equal to our best and better than our worst.

This year has proven last year wasn't just injuries and the camp that blew up 2018.
Those things were wallpapers over the ever widening list management, performance and coaching cracks.

We have once again won 10+ games while actually being a poor football side.

Is that a good thing or not? I dnt really know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chapman's Managing Director, and Director Con Tragakis both used to work for KPMG.....

Un*******believable. If KPMG are involved in our 'external and independent' review, then Chapman is a bigger moron than even I thought.

I think Jenkins was subtly telling afc that he has to be happy with the deal otherwise he is staying put. A bad situation as it's limits the club's options. He will only go back to Melb I feel. Best option would be if a club pays 80% of his salary and we get a 2nd round pick. Sooner this cancer is out the better. Essendon or Melb likely the best option for us. Dogs chasing Keath and Jenkins apparently.
He won't be taking a cent less to move, so if a team doesn't want to pay his full salary we'll need to kick in the rest to get him to move.

He's got Pies, Essendon and Melbourne talking with him ATM. Assuming Pies are dumping the Cox experiment and want someone with a bit more AFL fundamentals to their game.

Un*******believable. If KPMG are involved in our 'external and independent' review, then Chapman is a bigger moron than even I thought.

The way boards are (and how many Chapman has been involved with), I would be surprised if Chapman could find an auditing firm without ex partners/board members.

To be fair you always start high and come down. Maybe he knows he will only get one but if you only ask for one there isn't anywhere to go from there.

What's the absolute minimum wage? Whatever that is for 1 year take it or leave it.

I think the absolute minimum for a non-draftee is about $100k. But if you're on the EBA minimum, you get about $3k or so for each AFL game played. I suppose he could be rookied and I think then only the amount above the base contract (about $50k from memory) would be included in the cap. So that would be $50k inside, $50k outside and about $3k per game played inside the cap.

What the f*%k has the public service got anything to do with it? Are you Michaelia Cash?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Unable to change, blame everyone but themselves, bullying, cultural issues, low morale, people promoted beyond their abilities. Exactly like the AFC. Read the post I was replying to for context

But how... werent Fremantle dominant that season?

Well thats what people keep saying.

Thanks for falling into the trap.
You're really tripping over your own logic fail here...

Now you're arguing that Fremantle weren't dominant in 2015. The results show that Adelaide were the least dominant minor premiers in the last decade. SNAP!!!

Once again, any argument you mount regarding Lyon's impact on Fremantle is mirrored by Pyke's impact on Adelaide.

But by all means, keep posting. Your logic fails, and arguments without any data to support them, get more amusing every time you post.

You're really tripping over your own logic fail here...

Now you're arguing that Fremantle weren't dominant in 2015. The results show that Adelaide were the least dominant minor premiers in the last decade. SNAP!!!

Once again, any argument you mount regarding Lyon's impact on Fremantle is mirrored by Pyke's impact on Adelaide.

But by all means, keep posting. Your logic fails, and arguments without any data to support them, get more amusing every time you post.

The results being simple win-loss.
Once you drill in you see the bigger picture.

You just said Hawthorn were dominant in 2015. They didnt even finish minor premiers.
They lost as many games as us in 2017. Exactly the same numbers that "cannot possibly be considered dominant"

Your own argument disproves your other argument.

Pykes impact on Adelaide has been very short lived.
It lasted literally 6 months.
As I've shown and you have said yourself... Lyon got Freo to a good position 4 years in a row.

The other thing is the obvious lack of ideas coming from Pyke.
Ross might have been hit and miss, but he was always adapting and changing.

Last edited:
Where did I say Fremantle were dominant?

You're having a mare. Again.

You agreed with the other poster that Hawthorn were dominant in 2015.
They won as many games as us in 2017 which you then said wasnt a dominant season.

Maybe have a look in the mirror before throwing stones.

I would rather keep him and trade out Harto for peanuts.

We dont need two static KPDs for most games. Talia, Keath and Doedee is far more dynamic.

For the handfull of games we need a second big KPD you play Butts.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But you are thinking too short term there mate.

We need to think about the 2021 / 2022 seasons. Keath will be 30 by then and anything but dynamic!! Hartigan needs to go too, or become SANFL backup.

I feel the same about Greenwood. He only has a couple of years in him ... Better to trade that out and get young talent into his role ASAP ... And I love what Hugh brings in terms of point of difference.

It's the same reason why, even though he is close to my favourite AFC footballer, the idea of Brad Crouch seeking better opportunities might be what is best for the team. Trade him out now while he has good value - after a year of no injuries, because our next two years are about rebuilding the club.

I can't see how we fit Sloane and Mrouch and Brouch into our midfield if we expect to improve.

It's gotta be a harsh transition. As Clarkson said ... Catastrophic change!

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back