Live Event Toby Greene fronts the tribunal - Suspension appeal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely attacked the head which will see him miss. Not convinced it will be for gouging.
Dogs fans should ease up a touch and remember Libba senior, very similar players are him and Greene.

Except Greene has more ability in his left leg than Libba and his son have combined.

Vision looks bad but as others have pointed, Bont doesn't react like he's just been eye-gouged.

Given Bont fractured Haynes larynx and got off, not sure this amounts to a huge suspension.

That said, if there's clear proof that Greene went for the eyes, weeks and weeks, that's unacceptable.

Except Greene has more ability in his left leg than Libba and his son have combined.

Vision looks bad but as others have pointed, Bont doesn't react like he's just been eye-gouged.

Given Bont fractured Haynes larynx and got off, not sure this amounts to a huge suspension.

That said, if there's clear proof that Greene went for the eyes, weeks and weeks, that's unacceptable.
Greene has more ability in his left leg than Brownlow medallist Tony Liberatore AND his son Tom, who was for a period the best clearance player in the competition. Solid hot take

Bulldogs fans really suffering after Saturday's reality check.
Not at all young boncer34. We were outplayed by a better team and were highly unlikely to move beyond the following week even if we had conjured up something in the third quarter. We have no issue on being physical, I do have when a convicted thug is allowed to continue his hobby on the field. Dalhaus, Caleb Daniel and now Bont proves that he needs to seek some counselling. Just interested but where were you back on 4 September 2004 - hope it was well celebrated.

Bont was lucky to get off after the Haynes incident, given the late medical report story, but there is absolutely no relevance to the Greene incident whatsoever.

If the tribunal determine all Greene did is pull his hair then he'll cop a fine only, given the Merrett precedence, but I doubt it'll be left as that - they wouldn't be dragging him to the tribunal otherwise. Apparently Christian used unreleased footage to determine he needed to front the tribunal, will be interesting to see once its made public.

Greene has more ability in his left leg than Brownlow medallist Tony Liberatore AND his son Tom, who was for a period the best clearance player in the competition. Solid hot take

Yeah he does. Greene has natural ability coming out of his hole. It is his ability to maximise it that's in question.

Don't play the Brownlow medallist card Wayne Carey never won one, are you going to tell me that Libba Snr had more ability than him. Libba Jnr is indeed a great clearance player.

But Greene can multiple positions at a very high level and turn a game in five minutes in the way that neither Libba ever could or ever will be able to.

Those blokes are excellent examples of how to get the most out of your ability. And the game is littered with blokes who had boundless ability but did stuff all with it.

On topic - if Greene did gouge the eyes, six to eight weeks, disgusting act. I'm not sure he did though.

Bont was lucky to get off after the Haynes incident, given the late medical report story, but there is absolutely no relevance to the Greene incident whatsoever.

If the tribunal determine all Greene did is pull his hair then he'll cop a fine only, given the Merrett precedence, but I doubt it'll be left as that - they wouldn't be dragging him to the tribunal otherwise. Apparently Christian used unreleased footage to determine he needed to front the tribunal, will be interesting to see once its made public.

Agree on all.

Suggest you go and see Tom's elite clearance work in all 4 finals in 2016 - there hasn't been too many better midfield clearance performances ever in a finals series by an individual. We are now 0-2 in finals under Bevo without Libba and 4-0 with him - his absence was glaring on Saturday.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He's built quite a rap sheet against the Dogs has young Tobias. Must be because he is still bitter about torching his free teammates and going for the glory shot deep in the last qtr of the 2016 PF.

Can't get that moment back Tobes.

There's a time for bragging, and it's not when the bloke you're bragging to has just kicked 3 goals in a 58 point demolition of your side.

Yeah no doubt, and it worked. The youngsters will be better for it and will have learned a valuable lesson.
If I know Bevo he will have given them a spray about it and will steel them to handle it better next season.
No doubt it was organised from a coaching level - I doubt they actually instructed TG to eye gouge but targeting Bont was no doubt part of the plan.
One thing Bevo won't do and that is give them a spray

There's apparently more clear cut footage which hasn't yet been released to the public, in addition to what they put out last night. I'd assume it's fairly damning if that's what Christian based his decision on.

Don't know why they wouldn't just show it though.

Possibly so it isn’t discussed ad infinitum on the footy shows tonight and commentary might be seen as influencing decision making before the case is heard. Or I know nothing about why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely attacked the head which will see him miss. Not convinced it will be for gouging.
Dogs fans should ease up a touch and remember Libba senior, very similar players are him and Greene.
In the 2019 game Libba would have been rubbed out more than he was, or he would have moderated his actions.

Bulldogs play nice, makes us hard to give frees against, makes oppo fans think we get too many, nah we just dont give em away like most other teams. In this instance we were too nice. Although I did note Greenes testes seemed to cop a whack of some sort at some point....

Green has a crack, looks up, sees the umps not looking and goes in for another crack. Thats damning. Attacking the face of an opponnet while hes lying underneath you. Pissweak. But then hes only ever had a carack at smaller people or those in a position for him to dominate. Id hate to be his girlfriend.

Maybe he saw that not even dogs were looking and thats why we didnt respond. Then again its hard to jump to a mates defence when your busy protecting yourself, and lets face it, the entire giants team was pulling dirty s**t all day. I'll bet sheep stations Bonts not the only bruised bloke after that s**t behaviour from the toddlers.

Umpiring allowed what should have been a good game to turn into a s**t show of spitefulness from one side. Should have stamped on that straight away and then allowed a free flowing game. After the publicity about Grimes holding Cameron how was it allowed again?

Not really. happy to have unexpectedly made the show. The teenagers will all be the better for it next year and moving forward.

Unhappy that the tactics were allowed, it ruined what should have been a good show, I toook 8 non-AFL friends "how is that allowed?", "are there any rules out there?", "can you do that?" very hard to answer.

Glad Toby got Tribunalled, a cowardly grub of the first order. Heath Shaws a lunatic but hes no coward, just a raving nut-job. And Mumford didnt break anyone, that was unexpected.

BTW how longs it been since the Bonbers won a final? LOL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suggest you go and see Tom's elite clearance work in all 4 finals in 2016 - there hasn't been too many better midfield clearance performances ever in a finals series by an individual. We are now 0-2 in finals under Bevo without Libba and 4-0 with him - his absence was glaring on Saturday.

Yep, he's a gun clearance player for sure, but one dimensional, Greene plays multiple positions at a high level.

It's brutal being knocked out of finals without a win, been a whole 3 years since our last one :/

I suppose you would know better than anyone though, right?
BTW how longs it been since the Bonbers won a final? LOL.
Completely irrelevant to the topic. :)

Btw happy to admit my clubs shitness at the pointy end of the season. Been doing it for a long time.

In the 2019 game Libba would have been rubbed out more than he was, or he would have moderated his actions.

Bulldogs play nice, makes us hard to give frees against, makes oppo fans think we get too many, nah we just dont give em away like most other teams. In this instance we were too nice. Although I did note Greenes testes seemed to cop a whack of some sort at some point....

Green has a crack, looks up, sees the umps not looking and goes in for another crack. Thats damning. Attacking the face of an opponnet while hes lying underneath you. Pissweak. But then hes only ever had a carack at smaller people or those in a position for him to dominate. Id hate to be his girlfriend.

Maybe he saw that not even dogs were looking and thats why we didnt respond. Then again its hard to jump to a mates defence when your busy protecting yourself, and lets face it, the entire giants team was pulling dirty s**t all day. I'll bet sheep stations Bonts not the only bruised bloke after that s**t behaviour from the toddlers.

Umpiring allowed what should have been a good game to turn into a s**t show of spitefulness from one side. Should have stamped on that straight away and then allowed a free flowing game. After the publicity about Grimes holding Cameron how was it allowed again?

Maybe you should have stood up to them instead of hoping for umpire protection?

And you don't have to stand up by going to their level.

Put scores on the board and those tactics tend to disappear.

Looked to me like they physically intimidated the Dogs and they Dogs wilted.

There's a time for bragging, and it's not when the bloke you're bragging to has just kicked 3 goals in a 58 point demolition of your side.
Not bragging. Toby has had a serious case of red mist against the Dogs, and I can only surmise it is because he cost them a GF berth with his selfish decision to torch free teammates and go for glory deep in the last qtr of the 2016 PF. It is a moment he won't get back and he may well miss out on another chance at premiership redemption in this finals series if the trivunal find him guilty of eye gouging.

He is a jet and doesn't need to push the envelope as much as he does. I personally have no issue whatsoever with everything else that transpired on Saturday - GWS were brilliant and brutal and taught our young group a valuable lesson that finals footy is for keeps.

I know I'm in the minority here (in 2019 at least) but I love the niggle, it's a part of finals so I hope TG gets off. Dealing with pests/enforcers is a part of finals footy - you need to fire back.
Yep, gotta love the niggle. This is what footy's all about.

Shame on Doggy supporters for deriving pleasure out of his stupidity.

Maybe you should have stood up to them instead of hoping for umpire protection?

And you don't have to stand up by going to their level.

Put scores on the board and those tactics tend to disappear.

Looked to me like they physically intimidated the Dogs and they Dogs wilted.
We went in with a young team who didnt expect the level of intimidation, holding, hitting etc that was allowed unhindered.
We were rushed into mistakes, we were bullied, we were held onto all day and not allowed our normal running game and it was one of those days where the ball just never seemd to bounce our way. Weve all played games where its happened and theres really nothing you can do about those days. Except learn from them and our boys will do that.

Im not unhappy, Im proud the youngest team in the comp made finals and they'll be better for it. Astros injury hurt, some effective trading this off season is o n the cards and we'll be much better team next year. And for the decade beyond :)

We went in with a young team who didnt expect the level of intimidation, holding, hitting etc that was allowed unhindered.

Mate, if a team goes into a cut throat final not expecting intimidation, that's on the coach.

Flind Breddy could have told you GWS were going the knuckle.

Mate, if a team goes into a cut throat final not expecting intimidation, that's on the coach.

Flind Breddy could have told you GWS were going the knuckle.
LOL, we have a young team. Half our team was literally playing their first final.

We're not even remotely as old as North Melbourne, you can't expect us to just immediately adapt to finals football. ;)
Hey, at least we made it. That's more than you can say about some other clubs.

Completely irrelevant to the topic. :)

Btw happy to admit my clubs s**tness at the pointy end of the season. Been doing it for a long time.
"boncer34 said:
Not really. happy to have unexpectedly made the show. The teenagers will all be the better for it next year and moving forward.

Unhappy that the tactics were allowed, it ruined what should have been a good show, I toook 8 non-AFL friends "how is that allowed?", "are there any rules out there?", "can you do that?" very hard to answer."

Dont quote part of a response out of context. My comment re Bombers ongoing failure was in response to you trying to tell me I was suffering, 2016 wasnt long ago and IM still hapy about that unexpected victory. My entire comment was relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back