Roast Chapman intends to retire (within 12 months) ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's some that I prepared earlier.

Can you add the fact he’s unelected. That’s the kicker.

Despite that rap sheet, nobody can move the prick.

And now he reserves the right to choose his successor!!

I keep saying it - North Korea has nothing on the Adelaide Football Club.

This is up there with some of the biggest scandals in football history.

Agreed.

Can someone collate the list of disasters this muppet has overseen, and send it to every media outlet - especially Caro?

It's a long list:

Putting Craig on staff and then sacking him
Rendell sacking
Draft sanctions
Welcomed back Trigg after his suspension
Lied about giving us the full story re. Tippett
Lies about taking the fight to the AFL (when Essendon got lesser draft sanctions)
Extended Sando and then sacked him a year later
Didn't put up a fight regarding the Bailey suspension
Allowed us to have a CEO and COO with no involvement in football operations
Allowed us to get locked into the AFL controlled board agreement
Hiring of Brett Burton
Allowing Burton to move staff members out in favour of his mates
Allowing our best employees to get poached
Camp/Collective Minds disaster
Condoned our Iraqi Information Minister media policy
Lied about external review in 2018
Using 5% of your brain remark
Went missing during 2018 disaster (got ambushed during an AAL press conference)
Handling of the review in 2019

Can you add the fact he’s unelected. That’s the kicker.

Despite that rap sheet, nobody can move the prick.

And now he reserves the right to choose his successor!!

I keep saying it - North Korea has nothing on the Adelaide Football Club.

This is up there with some of the biggest scandals in football history.
Have you watched Chernobyl? It's amazing and the muppets who are the first party officials responding are our club.

Bicks calling him out for his lying over the payment to Pyke.

Stating there would be 'no termination payment' - Roo today says there will be a 'severance payment' - so, once again, spin and mistruth to try and hide the reality.

He is a ******* disaster.

The bastard couldn't lie straight in bed. Is there no communication between them. Are we that dysfunctional?

It's time!

Stating there would be 'no termination payment' - Roo today says there will be a 'severance payment' - so, once again, spin and mistruth to try and hide the reality.

Fagan mentioned this too. My take was that Pyke will be paid his contract out for 2019. He won’t be paid anything for what was in his contract for the 2020 and 2021 seasons - and no overhanging payments in the off-field salary cap for the next two years.

Roo's told Bicks who the next target is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fagan mentioned this too. My take was that Pyke will be paid his contract out for 2019. He won’t be paid anything for what was in his contract for the 2020 and 2021 seasons - and no overhanging payments in the off-field salary cap for the next two years.

I would be shocked if he didn't receive a reasonable severance payout - and I have no problem with that.

I would be shocked if he didn't receive a reasonable severance payout - and I have no problem with that.

$200k greased wheels. I’d prefer he stay for a year without Campo/*******, and see what he’s got. But, he has huge power end of 2017 and blamed the players mental strength. Then after 2018 he could blame hamstrings and *wad’s mind camp. I find it sad that he’s walked now. He had the kudos to * off the deadbeats but he believed he could overcome that. He’s now been dragged to the ground with them.

The biggest ever culture killers will remain. Campo and Burton. AND ROO.

Not that it matters but he and Fagan both said the club is in good shape . Except the winning football part, hence the review.

I assume they mean financially.
The football part is the most important part!

Chapman is full of s**t with his spin.

Just go already as 11 years mediocrity is enough.

We will more than survive if you go Chappy...

Because they didn't take any meaningful action as a result of it.

You can't fu** something up that badly, break the trust amongst the organisation, and then not hold anybody accountable for it.
It went even further because they told the players all the right things, then completely ignored doing anything they said they would, then when the players arced up again they went "are you still complaining about this?" like the players complaints were totally invalid the entire time.

It's almost like an abusive relationship at this point.

It went even further because they told the players all the right things, then completely ignored doing anything they said they would, then when the players arced up again they went "are you still complaining about this?" like the players complaints were totally invalid the entire time.

It's almost like an abusive relationship at this point.
Any idea what they were supposed to do?

Any idea what they were supposed to do?
From what I heard I think it was more along the lines of how guys like Burton and Pyke would change the way they operate, but it's the old "leopard doesn't change his spots" issue. I don't think it was any any one specific thing to change, but Burton isn't great with people skills and Pyke can be a bit of a grumpy old man at times (stress added on top of that probably doesn't help). I don't think Burton getting rid of all the people who were on the players side helped things either.

I do genuinely believe Pyke tried his hardest, he backed off the players a lot and tried to cheer the place up a bit (all the "let's have fun!" stuff through the pre-season as an example) like the the players wanted and let Campo take over more with player feedback as part of his increased duties. The issue is then Campo felt he needed to go ultra negative on his player feedback, so it was probably just a pretty miserable place all around. Then it's sort of a rock/hard place issue because the players wanted Pyke to back off, but then weren't happy when he wasn't giving them as much feedback as he used to, players get dropped without hearing why from Pyke and get annoyed by that etc.

I think this is sort of the area the players need to take a bit of responsibility too, because Pyke worked with them on their feedback from 2018 and they still weren't happy, though whether that was lingering issues from what happened from the GF all through 2018 and they were never going to be happy no matter what I don't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back