Herald-Sun: "Rampant Tigers carry hopes of state in Grand Final"

Remove this Banner Ad

Jon Ralph is Herald sun employee and Richmond muppet supporter.
Tipping there is every chance Giants have as many Victorians in their team next week as Richmond...
Possibly more if two Vics make it back in Toby Greene and Whitfield.
Tiger possible ins like Marlion Pickett or Stack are not from Victorian origin.
Tiger ruckman is a non-Vic and Mummy is from Vic etc etc etc.

Could the op run a poll to see which non tige fans would be hoping the tiges do it for the "state"?

Then we could send it dum dum Ralphy and give him an epiphany.

It’s just horseshit and I have no idea why they go with it every year.

I’ve been in jam-packed pubs for many GFs and if it’s a Vic club vs interstate, 98% are on the interstate club. Easily.

Richmond supporters aside I don’t know anybody who wants them to win. Why the * would anybody want a rival to win a flag? It’s like saying Port fans would want to see Adelaide win one. It doesn’t even make basic sense.

Go Giants

Go GWS. Hoping for a smashing, and that de Boer holds Dustin Martin to something like 10 touches. Herald Sun loves Martin, and are part of the reason he is the overrated player in the league. An unaccountable jerk who only worries about personal glory.

Rubbish. He actively avoids media and attention.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just hope it's a good game to watch I do not care who wins, although we will have to wait for a result to
see if the "Big Fella" favours Toby Greene or he just wants to see him cry after a loss.

I don’t know, I’ve always thought it was better to be knocked out by the team who went on to win it all rather than being beaten by the loser.

But remember this... everybody forgets the losers of Prelims. In a month, nobody will care about Collingwood getting knocked out in that Prelim. But if you lose this grand final... and if you lose BIG, GWS will be the butt of all jokes for the next 12 months. And I'm not being an ass here either... the amount of crap that Pies fans have copped from West Coast people over the past 12 months is an avalanche of poop. Richmond fans are much worse than West Coast fans too.. So.. you might have done us a favor so we can go through next season in peace without that stigma of getting smashed by Richmond in a Grand Final hanging over our heads!

But remember this... everybody forgets the losers of Prelims. In a month, nobody will care about Collingwood getting knocked out in that Prelim. But if you lose this grand final... and if you lose BIG, GWS will be the butt of all jokes for the next 12 months. And I'm not being an ass here either... the amount of crap that Pies fans have copped from West Coast people over the past 12 months is an avalanche of poop. Richmond fans are much worse than West Coast fans too.. So.. you might have done us a favor so we can go through next season in peace without that stigma of getting smashed by Richmond in a Grand Final hanging over our heads!

Nobody forgets the losers of a prelim. Literally no one. Semis and Eliminations, unless memorable, sure. But they dont really matter. Prelims and Grannys are almost always remembered.

Observe. Who can tell me: what year and who they were playing and the result...

images.jpeg

Nobody forgets the losers of a prelim. Literally no one. Semis and Eliminations, unless memorable, sure. But they dont really matter. Prelims and Grannys are almost always remembered.

Observe. Who can tell me: what year and who they were playing and the result...

View attachment 751026

Remember it well - 1997 Preliminary Final vs Adelaide and we, Adelaide, win by 2 points. Modra did his ACL.

It was better in last years herald sun when there was a front page article with a headline saying something like ‘Keep the cup in Victoria’. It also featured the captains of all Victorian clubs, of which only Collingwood, Melbourne, Richmond, Geelong and Hawthorn were participating in the finals!

DYwcpi0W0AAJ6Ct.jpg

It gets frequently reposted on the Eagles board for obvious reasons.

It’s just horses**t and I have no idea why they go with it every year.

I’ve been in jam-packed pubs for many GFs and if it’s a Vic club vs interstate, 98% are on the interstate club. Easily.

Richmond supporters aside I don’t know anybody who wants them to win. Why the fu** would anybody want a rival to win a flag? It’s like saying Port fans would want to see Adelaide win one. It doesn’t even make basic sense.

Go Giants

Pretty much.

I think the only time I went for the vic over the non Victorian side was Haw v Freo. Partly cos I thought they really deserved it and we a bit unlucky the year before. But mainly cos Ross Lyon boring footy.

Yeah it's ridiculous. They're either clueless or it's a hopeless attempt at biased/manipulative reporting. They said it about the Pies last year which was even more laughable...

Only time a majority of Vics would support another Victorian club is probably if it's one of the smaller, less successful clubs who may not have had success for awhile, like the Dogs in 16.

Suppose some might also dislike the Giants for being a plastic AFL project.

And yeah, it shows the Victorian media ia definitely still pushing the whole state rivalry thing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back