Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

They’ll pay 700k to get a trade next year for him.

So Martin doesn’t want a play for GC, and if u can’t convince him to change his mind and sign before the PSD then you’ll draft him anyway?

Really doesn’t make any sense at all, unless GC are trying to embed a crap culture.

GC should drive down the road to the Lions and see how to change things round, including a culture of players wanting to play for the jumper, and not being forced to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jesus, some of the posting in here is bizarre.
Likelihood is he gets where he wants to go.
There’s a chance he goes somewhere else.
That there’s a chance in the first place is down to how Carlton negotiated with GCS.
If they wanted to be certain of it, they could have accepted GCS’ offer.
GCS’ offer was not highway robbery and no amount of revisionist history is going to change that.
If he gets there, Carlton fans can laud SOS for his 4D chess if they like, makes no difference in the end.

So Martin doesn’t want a play for GC, and if u can’t convince him to change his mind and sign before the PSD then you’ll draft him anyway?

Really doesn’t make any sense at all, unless GC are trying to embed a crap culture.

GC should drive down the road to the Lions and see how to change things round, including a culture of players wanting to play for the jumper, and not being forced to.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
If I were you, I shut up and be quietly con fident, the more noise the manager said the more GC going to pick him up. No big deal compare to soccer trade that never went through.

And you do see the difference, you just choose to ignore it.
i think you’re ignoring the fact GC can re-draft him, and then get a trade for him next year

If I were you, I shut up and be quietly con fident, the more noise the manager said the more GC going to pick him up. No big deal compare to soccer trade that never went through.
So the more his manager states publicly that he is not going to play for the Suns again the more chance it is going to happen?

Gee whiz you are a special unit!

i think you’re ignoring the fact GC can re-draft him, and then get a trade for him next year
Even though his manager has publicly stated on live radio that this will never happen after discussions on his future?

Of course they can but they won’t which has already been agreed upon between Jacks manager and the Suns. Demons are the only wild card but they have already been told Jack won’t play for them and will price himself out of their reach.

The Suns are literally are non factor right now.

Even though his manager has publicly stated on live radio that this will never happen after discussions on his future?

Of course they can but they won’t which has already been agreed upon between Jacks manager and the Suns. Demons are the only wild card but they have already been told Jack won’t play for them and will price himself out of their reach.

The Suns are literally are non factor right now m.
Then why you worried so much just wait until November. Both Carlton and GCS cannot do anything now until pre season draft. If GCS decided to pick him up we can't do anything about it either, is all up to craig Cameron not us. The amount of argument here won't change a thing, the decision is on Craig Cameron.

Wonder why he is so keen for Carlton? Plenty of other clubs would be interested.
According to his manager best friends with Cripps playing junior footy together in WA and has a connection with Betts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see Gold Coast going this far and not following on with it. They will draft him again and do the merry go round again with Carlton in a years time where Carlton will pay what they need to.

If Martin doesn’t want to play for Gold Coasy then he plays NEAFL and misses out on a substantial amount of money from match payments. It’s very simple for Gold Coast and they hold all the cards here

Then why you worried so much just wait until November. Both Carlton and GCS cannot do anything now until pre season draft. If GCS decided to pick him up we can't do anything about it either, is all up to craig Cameron not us.
I am not worried but your ignorance keeps me replying to you!

Jesus, some of the posting in here is bizarre.
Likelihood is he gets where he wants to go.
There’s a chance he goes somewhere else.
That there’s a chance in the first place is down to how Carlton negotiated with GCS.
If they wanted to be certain of it, they could have accepted GCS’ offer.
GCS’ offer was not highway robbery and no amount of revisionist history is going to change that.
If he gets there, Carlton fans can laud SOS for his 4D chess if they like, makes no difference in the end.

GC offer was not highway robbery but it was overs. Our offer was very much fair.

SOS isn’t playing any 4D chess. Just stuck to his guns. If he rolled over the Blues would be copping the same criticism if not more.

We’ll take 9 to the draft and take a talented kid. We’ll take Martin in the PSD. We’ll still have our 2nd and 3rd round picks next year in a draft where many clubs will be desperate for points. GC really showed us up :moustache:

Crows supporters fail to see lots of things these days.

It is ok mate. Make a power stance and show that gusto while not having a clue followed by a team bonding camp that has literally destroyed you as a club for a decade.

Such a cute head in the sand supporter base.
Look Martin is still get paid until end of October. Is not like he is not getting paid by GCS.

very nice to see that I have struck a nerve, because you actually didn’t dispute anything I said. You just attacked my Club which actually has nothing to do with this thread.

perhaps bay 13 may suit you better?
Wanna bet the Suns draft him again like you stated?

His manager begs to differ.

Once again people need to listen to his interview before smashing the keyboard in here due to spite.
Who is spiteful? Of course his manager is going to say that. He's not sitting out the year like a reg and turning down 700k if Melbourne ponied up the cash.

GC offer was not highway robbery but it was overs. Our offer was very much fair.

SOS isn’t playing any 4D chess. Just stuck to his guns. If he rolled over the Blues would be copping the same criticism if not more.

We’ll take 9 to the draft and take a talented kid. We’ll take Martin in the PSD. We’ll still have our 2nd and 3rd round picks next year in a draft where many clubs will be desperate for points. GC really showed us up :moustache:

Overs in your eyes, your objectivity is not a given.
If the gamble works for you, happy days. If it doesn’t, it won’t play as well.
Don’t think that is likely you miss out, but the club had the opportunity to avoid the PR look (which was hugely overblown,fwiw) by making or accepting an equitable offer as tabled.
Not sure how much impact the club getting players to openly commit to them and then leaving them standing at the altar will have on future recruiting, but it makes little sense to risk anything on that front unnecessarily when you can just get a fair deal done upfront.
And it’s not about GCS ‘showing up’ anyone or grandstanding, it’s about not being a soft touch, which is a line GCS is entitled to pursue.
Find the reaction of some Carlton fans bizarrely overemotional and defensive.
Don’t understand why.

I think the feeling of being reject by silly offer is harder to take than getting Martin free.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back