Delisted Jack Martin [Selected by Carlton in the PSD]

Remove this Banner Ad

Players really need to give their managers more scope for a trade. "trade me to Carlton" needs to be "trade me to a Vic club". Then at least we wouldn't have these pathetic low-ball offers.

I'd hazard a guess SOS offered his handful of chips in the knowledge Suns wouldn't take it - counter offer a reasonable trade, then force Martin into the PSD anyway. di*k move.

Not a d**k move but a smart one on SOS part doing what others have said doing what’s right for the club

Just out of curiosity and i dont believe it has been mentioned yet

If Martin elects for the PSD and is selected by gold coast and has to play out a year , Is he still a free agent after a year ?
as he has effectively left and been re drafted

this would be interesting and if he some how he loses his eligibility will this influence his decision to perhaps sing on for another year rather than risk losing it and his ability to select where he does go.

Last edited:
If he is a long way short of being a great player why are you offering him 550k a year ?

Play it down all you want but if you valued martin you would have got the trade done .

GC have every right to take him in the PSD after being lowballed to the point of making a stand and not accepting a future 2nd which is a massive flog offer fora player of martins talent .

Because we have to meet minimum total player payments and overpaying to get players to the club achieves that?

Simple stuff even a child should understand honestly.

If Calrton future second and third Rd is so good I can see Sydney trade their second Rd pick 25 with Carlton. Sydney don't even bother to trade their second Rd pick show Carlton low ball GCS and want pick 25 back from Sydney If they get Papley.

Hi GCS if we get Papley we give you pick 25, if not you get future second and third. You just can't do trade in one way traffic and let GCS wait for you.

"If Carlton good yes no maybe bad do think picks could be of Sydney and Carlton but not make trade of almost future GCS then Carlton needs to do the third round want haha."

Every one of your posts. Ever.

"If Carlton good yes no maybe bad do think picks could be of Sydney and Carlton but not make trade of almost future GCS then Carlton needs to do the third round want haha."

Every one of your posts. Ever.
Hahahaha at least I get your attention ever.

We didn't just offer a future 2nd. Reports suggest we offered the Suns a future 2nd and a future 3rd.
Sure throwing some sprinkles on that turd sandwich offer makes it so much better .

A future 2nd and 3rd is a massive low ball as next years draft is heavily compromised

You recieved pick 19 for yarran and martin is easily worth more .

Confirmed troll, welcome to ignore
How does that reply make me a confirmed troll ?
Im a troll because you dont like what im saying ?

If it was your 2nd and 3rd this year it may be getting into the ball park for martin but your furture 2nd and 3rd will be average picks due to the amount of father son and academy pick . Gold coast also have to wait 12 months and risk carlton not being s**t next year .

Its a poor offer designed to be rejected sending martin to the PSD and getting him for free .

Can't imagine what happen to Carlton fan here if GCS really draft Martin in PSD.

Not going to lose any sleep over it. I think the Suns and Cochrane will have acted extremely childish and spiteful, if not vindictive towards Martin if they do it, but I stand by SOS and his actions during this saga, couldn't care less if he comes across as arrogant or lowballing The Suns, that couldn't be further from the truth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't think future 2nd and 3rd is low ball?

It was clearly designed to get rejected so that SOS could force Martin into the PSD.
Have you not watched Martin play? He is a conditional player on his last chance with whoever picks him up.

Anyone that thinks he is worth more then spare chance can come buy real estate from me, suckers the lot of you.

How does that reply make me a confirmed troll ?
Im a troll because you dont like what im saying ?

If it was your 2nd and 3rd this year it may be getting into the ball park for martin but your furture 2nd and 3rd will be average picks due to the amount of father son and academy pick . Gold coast also have to wait 12 months and risk carlton not being s**t next year .

Its a poor offer designed to be rejected sending martin to the PSD and getting him for free .
We hear this same bullshit every year, no one has any idea who will end up top 30 picks next year, 25/30 will end up sliding or not being drafted at all the same as this year or do you forget this year being weaker then last year because all the supposed academy picks? They disappeared.

You are a moron if you believe we would send a guy to the PSD when another 2 clubs can pick him up and more importantly, he can't train with us for months as a result. Hence, I concluded you were trolling because no one is that stupid.

Sure throwing some sprinkles on that turd sandwich offer makes it so much better .

Adding an extra pick absolutely makes it better.

Plenty of good footballers have been taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Not to mention there’s significant flexibility these days with pick trading.

A future 2nd and 3rd is a massive low ball as next years draft is heavily compromised

Heavily compromised by academies which they are a part of.

It’s not a low-ball offer when he’s out of contract and won’t be there next year. And despite this whole drama over “taking a stand” it’s certainly better than losing him for nothing.

There’s also no reason why they couldn’t have traded them for picks in this year’s draft if they wanted to. Or used them to move up the order.

Plenty of other clubs have managed to do it. Why not the Suns?

You recieved pick 19 for yarran and martin is easily worth more .

We did, which most thought was overs at the time.

Amazing how it’s a fair offer now...

We hear this same bullshit every year, no one has any idea who will end up top 30 picks next year, 25/30 will end up sliding or not being drafted at all the same as this year or do you forget this year being weaker then last year because all the supposed academy picks? They disappeared.

You are a moron if you believe we would send a guy to the PSD when another 2 clubs can pick him up and more importantly, he can't train with us for months as a result. Hence, I concluded you were trolling because no one is that stupid.
I counter your arguement with you value getting martin for free more than a month of training .

Martin would still start the draftees.

I also think carlton are willing to risk the PSD to get him for free

Adding an extra pick absolutely makes it better.

Plenty of good footballers have been taken in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Not to mention there’s significant flexibility these days with pick trading.

Heavily compromised by academies which they are a part of.

It’s not a low-ball offer when he’s out of contract and won’t be there next year. And despite this whole drama over “taking a stand” it’s certainly better than losing him for nothing.

There’s also no reason why they couldn’t have traded them for picks in this year’s draft if they wanted to. Or used them to move up the order.

Plenty of other clubs have managed to do it. Why not the Suns?

We did, which most thought was overs at the time.

Amazing how it’s a fair offer now...
Would you value Sam pretrevski seton at a future 2nd and 3rd ?

They are simular players both high picks with simular outputs both with plenty of games ahead of them .

No you would be pissed with the low ball offer

I also belive you have an academy

I counter your arguement with you value getting martin for free more than a month of training .

Martin would still start the draftees.

I also think carlton are willing to risk the PSD to get him for free
What do you actually think a conditional soft outside player on his last afl lifeline is worth? lol

He has had 7 years on an AFL list and done nothing, Honestly do not care if he ends up at the club free or not, he would finish his career in the VFL if he doesn't improve.

Would you value Sam pretrevski seton at a future 2nd and 3rd ?

They are simular players both high picks with simular outputs both with plenty of games ahead of them .

No you would be pissed with the low ball offer

I also belive you have an academy
Comparing a 21 year old to a 24 year old now are we? SPS wouldn't get us more then a late 1st at the minute, if he is still at this level in 3 years a 3rd rounder at best

What do you actually think a conditional soft outside player on his last afl lifeline is worth? lol

He has had 7 years on an AFL list and done nothing, Honestly do not care if he ends up at the club free or not, he would finish his career in the VFL if he doesn't improve.
Martin in my opinion is worth 15-20 in this years draft .

And if you think he is a soft outside player you have no idea . Wins his own ball tackles like a machine . Great overhead mark can play forward midfield and HBF .

Comparing a 21 year old to a 24 year old now are we? SPS wouldn't get us more then a late 1st at the minute, if he is still at this level in 3 years a 3rd rounder at best
21 - 24 both have their best footy ahead of them .
Martin was clear best talent in his draft year SPS was a reach when you picked him

Statistically very simular last season

Problem is with both players is they are the cream on top players who make things happen with limited touches .

Hard for those type playing for basket case celler dwellers clubs

Martin in my opinion is worth 15-20 in this years draft .

And if you think he is a soft outside player you have no idea . Wins his own ball tackles like a machine . Great overhead mark can play forward midfield and HBF .
Come buy some real estate from me, I'll make a fortune out of you.

After 7 years he still hasn't done anything and he almost certainly never will yet you are still keen enough to throw away a future 200 game player for him.

21 - 24 both have their best footy ahead of them .
Martin was clear best talent in his draft year SPS was a reach when you picked him

Statistically very simular last season

Problem is with both players is they are the cream on top players who make things happen with limited touches .

Hard for those type playing for basket case celler dwellers clubs
I answered your stupid question now stop babbling.

SPS at current output at age 24, 3rd round pick nothing more.

You overate the hell out of Martin, High pick does not = worth more after average seasons.

Come buy some real estate from me, I'll make a fortune out of you.

After 7 years he still hasn't done anything and he almost certainly never will yet you are still keen enough to throw away a future 200 game player for him.
What have any of your players done in the last 7 years ?

Except for cripps their hasnt been much

Oh and walsh but your only claim to his rising star was you won the spoon so got to pick him .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back