News 2019 Rumour File - discuss rumours here! (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't like the sound of giving more responsibility to Ben Hart.

He absolutely sucks

The weaknesses in our forward structure were prevalent when we were league leading for scores for, let alone when he took over. Assuming he had any say whatsoever on how it functioned. I’m not suggesting he’s competent, he’s never inspired that type of feeling when he talks, but I wonder how much influence he actually had.

What the hell is this about Manure saying Brouch desperately wanted out of Adel towards the end of the trade period?
All the time while he was having a great time in New Zealand with Britt and his mum and dad....really, really desperate he was...

So Sam has climbed out of his hiding hole after getting absolutely destroyed over the Mason Cox to Essendon rumour.

Surprise, surprise it’s an Adelaides “story” to get his wheels back in motion. He needs to thank Tom Browne for being around because if it wasn’t for him then the fraud spotlight would be heavily focused on McLure
He’s apparently sitting on more s**t about *yaaaaawn* ‘the camp’. He’ll s**t that out of his mouth to try and sink the Crows at a time when he thinks it’ll be most damaging.

I’m so glad Carlton we’re s**t at everything for such a long time, him being the SosCarlton #1 fanboi. w***er!

1 head coach, 4 assistant, compared to

Brisbane - 1 head coach, 5 assistants
Carlton - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Collingwood - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Fremantle - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Geelong - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Gold Coast - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
GWS - 1 head coach, 5 assistants and a DoC.
Melbourne - 1 head coach, 3 assistants and a DoC
North Melbourne - 1 head coach, 3 assistants and a DoC
Port - 1 head coach, 5 assistants
St Kilda - 1 head coach, 4 assistants
Sydney - 1 head coach, 3 assistants
West Coast - 1 head coach, 5 assistants
Western Bulldogs - 1 head coach, 5 assistants

Few missing because I couldn't find updated lists for them, but most are around the same mark as us.

Most would’t be too fussed about the qty, it’s that ours is full of rookies and a reject.

He’s apparently sitting on more s**t about *yaaaaawn* ‘the camp’. He’ll s**t that out of his mouth to try and sink the Crows at a time when he thinks it’ll be most damaging.

I’m so glad Carlton we’re s**t at everything for such a long time, him being the SosCarlton #1 fanboi. w***er!

Absolute flog, he honestly would think Dal Santo likes him. I bet you if he asked Dal Santo to go for a beer he will tell him to * off, I’m not your mate, it’s a paycheque you grub

Starting to put the pieces together on this offseason...

I believe Chapman, Roo, Burton et al went to Fagan saying they wanted Pyke gone, he's the problem. Fagan said he thought the problems ran deeper.
The boys club stuck their heels in. Fagan then countered, saying he would agree to part with Pyke if the Boys Club agreed to an external review of the Footy department and implemented the suggested outcomes. The Boys Club said there was no need, Pyke is the whole problem. Fagan responded that if they were so sure, the review would support their position. They finally agreed.
Chapman goes around slapping backs, handing out new contracts. Sacks Pyke.
But then the results of the review come in...

Fagan holds the Boys Club to their word...

Apologies if this is already common knowledge, just trying to get my head around it.
Hot damn .. that's sure is some elite mental gymnastics right there. No surprise super flog Murray liked that post

BCrouch wanted a long-term deal sorted this off-season knowing it was a career year and he's never strung multiple years together. He absolutely wanted that here, to claim he was "desperate" to leave is misrepresenting the facts as I know them. That's not to say he wouldn't have taken a deal elsewhere, but there's a lot of mayo on that story, which isn't a surprise from the likes of Macclure and Barrett.
Being desperate for a well paid long term contract equates to being desperate to get out of the AFC. Similar to the Crows jettisoning Jenkins and Betts and refusing to meet contract demands of Keath and Greenwood is according to him an ‘exodus’ because it sounds more negative for the crows than saying that it was sensible and necessary list management.

Must be something with Knight. Was desperate for him to leave so could go with it.

What possible reason would he have not wanting a quality resource? Especially as a first timer?

There isn't a reason but enough of our fans swallow rubbish like this which is why the club feels it can keep selling it.
The reason is that we left it too late & waiting a year until some become available.

We may as well run another short without Hart.

Nope - Roo was pretty clear on radio. Didn’t want one. He even went further and said Nicks wanted less voices and to give more responsibility to his line coaches.

So the sell is not just the decision, but the carefully thought out rationale for the decision.

The fact is we’ve gone from:
Searching for a Snr assistant; to
He may not want one; to
He doesn’t want one and here are the reasons...

We haven’t been able to find or get who he wanted - so just say that.

Why make up such garbage
If they spent less time making up BS, they would have more time to do constructive things.

Sick of AFC treating members like idiots. What's wrong with being honest with the messaging?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide football director Mark Ricciuto has announced the Crows will not appoint a senior assistant coach to replace Scott Camporeale.
So we've decided that having no one would be better than having Camporeale.

And we'd be right

Being desperate for a well paid long term contract equates to being desperate to get out of the AFC. Similar to the Crows jettisoning Jenkins and Betts and refusing to meet contract demands of Keath and Greenwood is according to him an ‘exodus’ because it sounds more negative for the crows than saying that it was sensible and necessary list management.
Exodus of players...Lol. Lost any cedibility when he said Jacob's was part of an exodus. This guy called the crows the Afl's worst performed team. This coming from a guy that supports a club thats been a basketcase for nearly 20 years lol. Pretty funny stuff. Anyway, the main point is that BCrouch is worth around 650k-700k for 3 years max. If a club is willing offer him a long term deal then so be it as it will most likely result in a top 5 pick. Btw, his show is crap. My advice for him is to watch First Take on Espn. Journalism in this country is bloody amateur hour.

Last edited:
The players are in charge of the asylum now so maybe we don’t need any coaches at all?
They say the most successful teams have plenty of leaders on field... so we are getting ahead of the curve by having our players picking up the coaching slack off field...

You didn’t answer the question.
Your answer does not relate to my question.
Having a tax doesn’t mean you can’t be under one year and over the next.
Lol, what did you expect...

I don't think there is carryover with the footy department & you just wear the tax.

They may have spun it. OR they’ve told the truth.

Sheesh.
Nah, they are spinning BS as usual.

When the Chair does it, others follow.

Unfortunately they cannot be believed on face value given a very poor track record.

Another reason Chappy needs to go as the members don't deserve being fed lies.

Last edited:
They may have spun it. OR they’ve told the truth.

Sheesh.
And, as has been pointed out, "the truth" according to the club is that the Senior Assistant Coach from GWS who we were so impressed with that we made him our Senior Coach doesn't think the Senior Assistant Coach position has any value.

So we don't need one.

Which of course makes no sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back