List Mgmt. 2019 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twoomey also has us taking Flanders at 5/6. He’s usually pretty on the money with the top 10 so it looks like more and more of a fait accompli.
I’d be very surprised if we didn’t bid on Green at 5, as he suggests.

Really hope he’s wrong about the second round selection have a bad feeling on this one

If he's still there come our pick, there is not one reason at all that we would not pick him.

I agree and I think we will. If we don’t though the next few selections come from clubs that don’t need inside mids

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't even need a forward like that as we have Hayward. In fact we don't need to draft a forward at all.

If there's any truth to the talk we are interested in Liam Henry (that's a big if), then that suggests we could possibly be wanting to add some X factor onto our list. As much as I'm a big fan of our list of youngsters, Heeney and potentially Blakey aside, I'm not sure there's much X factor among them.

A few months ago I questioned whether it would be worth taking a risk on a mercurial type as opposed to a solid, reliable type which we've had the most success with. Obviously with our first round I'd rather us go a safe bet on the most talented kid available, but with one of our two second rounds I wouldn't be against taking that punt.

beginning to think you may be right.. after listening to Dalrymple
as if Dalrymple is going to expose our real strategy on our website. It's a whole lot of hot air, probably bears no resemblance to what we really intend to do, that is bid on Green and wait to see what happens.

Isn't this list more or less spot on every year? Or does he release one on the morning?
If this is the spot on one it means we can get Kemp and Cooper Stephens by trading our 5 and 32 for Port's 13 and 17.
I'm all in on that idea.

Last edited:
as if Dalrymple is going to expose our real strategy on our website. It's a whole lot of hot air, probably bears no resemblance to what we really intend to do, that is bid on Green and wait to see what happens.

Last year Beatson said we weren't going to be a team that was very active with pick swaps... We know how that ended up going ;)

Who didn't Dalrymple name? Serong? That's probably our guy.

Last edited:
Isn't this list more or less spot on every year? Or does he release one on the morning?
If this is the spot on one it means we can get Kemp and Cooper Stephens by trading our 5 and 32 for their 13 and 17.
I'm all in on that idea.
Most of the draft hopefuls will by now have a list of clubs interested in them and an indication of where they are likely to take them, his list will be close I should imagine.

If this is the spot on one it means we can get Kemp and Cooper Stephens by trading our 5 and 32 for their 13 and 17.
I'm all in on that idea.

Kemp will not be there at 13! Unless the AFL has commissioned the 17 clubs to allow the best talent to slide to Hawthorn's first pick, a la 2017.

But no, Twomey is not always accurate. I believe he's in the know in terms of who most clubs are interested in but that has absolutely no bearing on the order or the final decisions each club will make. Last year he did not foresee our live pick swap happening, nor did he have Rowbottom who was the result of that pick swap in his top 30. So take Twomey as nothing more than a ballpark perspective because at the end of the day, Beatson and Darlymple are not going to be sitting there on draft night allowing something they may or may not have leaked to Twomey to dictate their decision-making.

Kemp will not be there at 13! Unless the AFL has commissioned the 17 clubs to allow the best talent to slide to Hawthorn's first pick, a la 2017.

But no, Twomey is not always accurate. I believe he's in the know in terms of who most clubs are interested in but that has absolutely no bearing on the order or the final decisions each club will make. Last year he did not foresee our live pick swap happening, nor did he have Rowbottom who was the result of that pick swap in his top 30. So take Twomey as nothing more than a ballpark perspective because at the end of the day, Beatson and Darlymple are not going to be sitting there on draft night allowing something they may or may not have leaked to Twomey to dictate their decision-making.
I thought he more or less got the top 20 exactly right every year.

If this is the spot on one it means we can get Kemp and Cooper Stephens by trading our 5 and 32 for Port's 13 and 17.
I'm all in on that idea.
p5 = p13 + p17
we wouldn't give p32 aswell,, maybe p44 but would still want something back

Last year Beatson said we weren't going to be a team that was very active with pick swaps... We know how that ended up going ;)

Who didn't Dalrymple name? Serong? That's probably our guy.
It'd be pretty hard to be upset with a highly ranked kid in a position of need who is a Swans supporter if that's how they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back