Not open for further replies.
Yep. It's amazing how much he had achieved to better the NBA
- Introduced new teams
- Improved NBA revenue
- Introduced the WNBA
- Improved player payment

Then you look at Gill....

Oversaw the introduction of NBA players to the olympics
pushed the game to the world, saw Yao Ming as a global ambassador and fostered mutual cooperation between China and the USA
Gave the americans a chance to appreciate andrew gaze
Magic Johnsons HIV
Malice in the palace
Tried to eliminate the stigma of the hip hop culture from the A, by introducing strict dress codes. This annoyed allen iverson
The lockout(s)
Tim Duncan and Pat Ewing arriving at franchises desperately needing a boost
failure to keep the booming sonics in seattle
Stopping the chris paul trade to the lakers for basketball reasons.

Without Stern, the league would be simply a domestic one, one that incapable to embracing the world as we know it. One with walls around it, declaring themselves world champions. Trailblazers such as drazen, nowitki, yao ming, rik smits, mengk bateer, shane heal, manute bol, hakeem etc blazed trails and open doors for the world. Now we have many non USA players plying their trade in the A.

Bigfooty often paid homage to the late David Stern by introducting the "Stern Card". The card, I recall was an ace of spades, with sterns face replacing the centre spade. It was used by posters and fans alike to demonstrate seemingly glaring bias towards a particular team in any given game. Usually chicago.

RIP Sterny

Darren Collison is considering a return to the NBA in February with the Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers emerging as his preferred destinations.
Collison was expected to command offers in the offseason of $10 million per season, but he instead decided to retire.
Many teams have monitored Collison's situation and thought he might return this season.
In an interview with The Undefeated and ESPN's Marc Spears on June 28, Collison cited religious reasons for retiring.
"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith. I am one of the Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me.
"I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched.

Man, the Tigers will be pissed when Alex Rance goes to Hawthorn.

Oversaw the introduction of NBA players to the olympics
pushed the game to the world, saw Yao Ming as a global ambassador and fostered mutual cooperation between China and the USA
Gave the americans a chance to appreciate andrew gaze
Magic Johnsons HIV
Malice in the palace
Tried to eliminate the stigma of the hip hop culture from the A, by introducing strict dress codes. This annoyed allen iverson
The lockout(s)
Tim Duncan and Pat Ewing arriving at franchises desperately needing a boost
failure to keep the booming sonics in seattle
Stopping the chris paul trade to the lakers for basketball reasons.

Without Stern, the league would be simply a domestic one, one that incapable to embracing the world as we know it. One with walls around it, declaring themselves world champions. Trailblazers such as drazen, nowitki, yao ming, rik smits, mengk bateer, shane heal, manute bol, hakeem etc blazed trails and open doors for the world. Now we have many non USA players plying their trade in the A.

Bigfooty often paid homage to the late David Stern by introducting the "Stern Card". The card, I recall was an ace of spades, with sterns face replacing the centre spade. It was used by posters and fans alike to demonstrate seemingly glaring bias towards a particular team in any given game. Usually chicago.

RIP Sterny
Stern robbed of the MVP in 2002 by shaq.

Philly are seriously gonna regret giving away Fultz for nothing
Let's be honest i don't think anyone predicted he was going to come out this good.
After the shoulder surgery and fixing that horrible shooting form.

Philly are seriously gonna regret giving away Fultz for nothing
Its a bit early to say really. Id prefer to wait until his career finishes to determine who got the better end of the deal.

Having said that, Orlando got him for Simmons, who was then traded by the 6ers to washington for everyones favourite player "Cash Considerations". Simmons was then waived by the wizards.

So on paper, the magic hasve it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He deserves this ovation putting up with that spud of an owner in dolan for years.

Melo did more to hurt New York during his time there than Dolan, instead of waiting until that off-season to just sign with New York he forced them to trade all of their assets to get him there early so he could get his max money.

Had he waited they could've traded the likes of Gallo and Chandler etc for some more help or even kept them for a deeper squad.

Melo did more to hurt New York during his time there than Dolan, instead of waiting until that off-season to just sign with New York he forced them to trade all of their assets to get him there early so he could get his max money.

Had he waited they could've traded the likes of Gallo and Chandler etc for some more help or even kept them for a deeper squad.

Amare was ok for a while.

Trades like the one for Bargnani were the ones that really hurt us. * me they were torrid times.

“On the night of the 2007 NBA draft lottery, David Stern sat in the temporary bleachers lining the NBA's Secaucus, New Jersey, television studios and seethed. The three finalists had been revealed for a chance to draft Greg Oden and Kevin Durant with the Nos. 1 and 2 picks: Portland, Seattle and Atlanta.

"The Pacific Northwest and the god-damn Deep South," Stern snarled in a hushed voice. "Give me a big market!"’

You already had Amare though.

Melo's impatience cost New York some very good assets.

What I meant was he had a decent sidekick for a short time. I'm not defending Melo by any stretch, but it's not like we haven't been incompetent trade wise for a good decade now, which impacted on Melo having help. In any sense, Melo was happy taking all the shots anyway.

Really saddened by the passing of David Stern, when you compare how many muppets have run the NFL, FIFA and The AFL over the years, he truly was one of the finest sporting commissioners ever. I always loved his championship and finals MVP presentation, the 2008 Celtics run being a favourite of mine (‘somewhere, someplace, Red is lighting up a cigar’)

The game helped become a global powerhouse because of Stern (and of course, Larry, Magic, Detroit Bad Boys and MJ) in the 80s/90s (The golden age of the NBA for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back