Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last movie I saw by myself was the doco Bully. Was only about 5 people in the cinema.

Was the last time I cried at the movies too. Seeing a 12yo kid crying over his mate's coffin who had been bullied so much he committed suicide was just heartbreaking. Wanted to slap the assistant principal in that doco too. Talk about a stupid b***h.
Great doco that one.

And she was. Totally ineffective and useless

You'd kinda hope they played the second one first.
I remember as a kid in Anglesea they had a country sort of cinema where the movies would be a few months old. & you could sit on the floor. & they even had an intermission!

just wish that the teeny boppers behind us had only come to pt.2 and not mucked around in the first movie, kicking our seats and talking the whole time. Ugh.

just wish that the teeny boppers behind us had only come to pt.2 and not mucked around in the first movie, kicking our seats and talking the whole time. Ugh.
Srs?

Should have gotten a cinema worker had them thrown out

Great doco that one.

And she was. Totally ineffective and useless

Was an awesome doco. Shame it was rated M IIRC as it should be able to be played in schools as part of an anti-bullying program.

Was an awesome doco. Shame it was rated M IIRC as it should be able to be played in schools as part of an anti-bullying program.
Theres lots of docos that should be shown in schools but arent.

Not that my school is perfect im fairly certain they handle bullying (or student behavior in general. Eg. Some kid who began a defamatory fb page was expelled) pretty well.

That’s why 13 Reasons Why was made too. Although that is R rated from memory. Haven’t seen the doco you’re talking about but if it would help stop bullying then they should show it in schools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy ay! Not to mention economically irresponsible.
Say one tanker saves 50 properties in a bushfire season. Thats well over 20million there + millions and millions with the infrastructure saved around them, + the farms, orchards and buisnesses that keep those communities going.
& that's really conservative and just one season. But nup, surplus, tax cuts, keep our seats.
They don't give a f**k about us, the economy, the future. Its just stay in government, keep our seats keep this gravy train going at all costs.

Crazy ay! Not to mention economically irresponsible.
Say one tanker saves 50 properties in a bushfire season. Thats well over 20million there + millions and millions with the infrastructure saved around them, + the farms, orchards and buisnesses that keep those communities going.
& that's really conservative and just one season. But nup, surplus, tax cuts, keep our seats.
They don't give a f**k about us, the economy, the future. Its just stay in government, keep our seats keep this gravy train going at all costs.

I have no doubt that some enter the fray of politics with the purest intentions..... The dream that they will make the difference.

But I also have no doubt that the system inevitably corrupts them..... If not financially, then morally.

They juggle the competing demands of big business, want to protect / grow their salaries, resist the lure of abusing their perks, amend their stance depending on whether they're in power or opposition..... And then represent the little guy.

They spend so much time pandering to the big end of town that their perspective on the little guy gets increasingly distorted, until they lose sight altogether.

Greed and self preservation wins out.

I have no doubt that some enter the fray of politics with the purest intentions..... The dream that they will make the difference.

But I also have no doubt that the system inevitably corrupts them..... If not financially, then morally.

They juggle the competing demands of big business, want to protect / grow their salaries, resist the lure of abusing their perks, amend their stance depending on whether they're in power or opposition..... And then represent the little guy.

They spend so much time pandering to the big end of town that their perspective on the little guy gets increasingly distorted, until they lose sight altogether.

Greed and self preservation wins out.
Yeah absolutely. Im the same. There would be few that go in with ideals but even then you've gotta be a campaigner and pander to buisness/unions or whoever else to get anywhere.
The other really big problem is just popular politics. No one has the guts to have a vision and do anything that won't be popular anymore. Cause like Rudd with the mining tax they'll get knifed from behind from their own party.
So we're just gonna keep on going like this for a long time.

Yeah absolutely. Im the same. There would be few that go in with ideals but even then you've gotta be a campaigner and pander to buisness/unions or whoever else to get anywhere.
The other really big problem is just popular politics. No one has the guts to have a vision and do anything that won't be popular anymore. Cause like Rudd with the mining tax they'll get knifed from behind from their own party.
So we're just gonna keep on going like this for a long time.

Politics...... Watching adults behave like 2yo's, with the same comprehension of life's complexities, and the same willingness to defy right and wrong.

Is that the old pix? In Geelong West across from Sparrows Park?
Nope - I think someone tried to get that back up but plans were rejected. I'm pretty sure the screens from the old pix are actually used by Village

The Pivotonian is actually across the road from GMHBA Stadium - I'm pretty sure it's taken over part of the the old Retravision store, opposite the APCO service station

I haven't been there but I know others who have, never heard a bad word about it

Just need Djokovic, Nadal, Federer and Serena to do the same at the Aus Open. ;)
Why not Ash to do the same at the Aus open - she may win there

The winners of the mens & womens singles could donate 50% of their winnings and they'd still walk away with over $2 million

ScoMo on Nine News just before: "There's a need for the community to come together to support each other despite their angst."

Err, I think you'd find we already are you absolute d**khead. Does he think the $20+ million Celeste Barber has raised on FB just came out of her own pocket? What about the convoy of trucks carrying hay and other farming supplies to affected farmers in Gippsland today? Not to mention the tons of food and clothing the community has donated.

The sooner this tosser resigns the better.

Its funny was listening to AW on the way home- and i was literally thinking this exact thing today too- its a shame John Howard isnt PM atm. He was so good in the wake of Port Authur (minus a bullet proof vest or two)- he would have been good during this crisis as well.
Wow lets not go overboard here. This is the guy that damaged the public health service, stuffed up the real estate market for years to come and entered a war for no real reason with the Americans...

Perhaps he was good in the wake of Port Arthur massacre but lets not romanticise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back