News Practice Match v Collingwood Thursday 20th Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

'Likes' are s**t and are of no value unless ego is at a low.
Called it years ago and nothing's changed.
Stopped 'liking' anyone months ago and we'd all be better (the board would be better) for doing the same.
what a maverick......

I have no desire to lose anyone, as everyone has a right to be here and put their ideas forward without fear or favour.
'Likes' can sometime get in the way of this for reasons that don't need explaining here.

Having said that though, everyone also has to accept being put under the spotlight for what they've put forward.
No need to cower to anyone, or to afford extra credits to someone because of one reason or another.....and FFS...there are no leaders. What are we? Sheep?
Try to treat eaach post on it's merits and I'll give a like if it's an interesting idea expressed well. I don't like disrespect and the utter speed at which people are happy to bare teeth here. Dumb.

I like posts that are either to the point, and or well crafted, whether I agree with them or not
same - 2 well put together posts that present a case from opposite povs will often get a 'like' from me - although I must admit I mostly like posters who are struggling with their self-esteem..........seriously......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Likes are cleaner way of agreeing with somebody’s post. Much better than having good posts repeatedly quoted with a “This” or “+1”. I think the like function is actually pretty useful, nothing to do with ego.

This was the exact reason it was introduced, so posters didn't have to scroll through heaps of posts saying 'LOL' or 'I agree'.

Likes are cleaner way of agreeing with somebody’s post. Much better than having good posts repeatedly quoted with a “This” or “+1”. I think the like function is actually pretty useful, nothing to do with ego.
Sometimes its also a way of saying thank you. For the link, pics, training report, point of view thats interesting, joke, missing a player (djholmes like)

And sometimes it's just narcissistic class clowns posting, desperately seeking to fill an emptiness in their life with the adulation of strangers...

Ummmmm......I mean......so I've heard....

:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back