News Practice Match v Collingwood Thursday 20th Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to sing the team song at the end of a match more often that I lose my temper and break something at the stadium / TV room....
Yep, I'm just about over storming out & going for a walk. I'm ready to consistently sing the song loud & long & then watch a replay of the game immediately afterwards.

You are viewed by many as a leader here thylacine60 and if others see you do it then they think its fine for them to do it as well. Ask and you shall receive, but please don't make me watermark them up like Getty Images because then its no fun for anyone.

Yeah, I've posted some weird stuff late at night also but are you really running with the copyright stuff on this forum?
Just seems a little out of place given the context.

Just on Ben Silvagni......he's still an enigma to me.
Can't tell whether he wants to be out there or not.

Gov needs to prove himself
Was terrible last year
Had no form yet

Injuries will do that

What I didn't like at times is Gov not wanting to play through some in game knocks and niggles

With his better fitness levels and hopefully with a better mindset he will be extremely dangerous

But, he needs to be able to play as a 3rd tall

Gov needs to prove himself
Was terrible last year
Had no form yet
Gov wasn't in good nick last year.
He admitted some of his condition was a result of his "portion control" and application.
However, the way he buckled down, pushed through the high performance improvement program, he left me in no doubt that the penny has dropped.
Towards the end of last year he looked fitter and leaner than he ever has. He has showed vastly improved resilience and dedication.
He also came back to pre season in great shape.
I expect Gov will achieve great things this year if he remains injury free.
His highlight reel for 2020 could be outstanding.
Go Gov, rip it to bits.
No more McLovin...Now the Governor

He admitted some of his condition was a result of his "portion control" and application.
Lets not forget he fractured his back in that pre-season game. Some others would have missed six months with that.

However, the way he buckled down, pushed through the high performance improvement program, he left me in no doubt that the penny has dropped.
Towards the end of last year he looked fitter and leaner than he ever has. He has showed vastly improved resilience and dedication.
He also came back to pre season in great shape.
I expect Gov will achieve great things this year if he remains injury free.
His highlight reel for 2020 could be outstanding.
Go Gov, rip it to bits.
No more McLovin...Now the Governor

Do not underestimate the professionalism with his socks being pulled up. Tall socks.

Ben Silvagni did play.

We're very good on this board at pulling people up when it comes to racial, religious and sexual vilification along with any other aspect of political correctness that happens to take our fancy at the time, but when it comes to the simple law of copyright it all becomes a bit hard. Quoting is fine, because it shows where you acquired the image from.

You are viewed by many as a leader here thylacine60 and if others see you do it then they think its fine for them to do it as well. Ask and you shall receive, but please don't make me watermark them up like Getty Images because then its no fun for anyone.

Thanks for your co-operation.

You do know that anyone who has access to this site can save your images? Anyone. Including those who work in the media.

If you are so concerned about protecting your shots then I’m surprised you haven’t watermarked them so please don’t blame others for your oversight.

You do know that anyone who has access to this site can save your images? Anyone. Including those who work in the media.

If you are so concerned about protecting your shots then I’m surprised you haven’t watermarked them so please don’t blame others for your oversight.
In my experience in the art business it's only an infringement of rights if someone profits from using anothers creative work, without permission. I would have thought that photography would be in the same basket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thy did profit though. Likes are a valuable commodity these days...

'Likes' are s**t and are of no value unless ego is at a low.
Called it years ago and nothing's changed.
Stopped 'liking' anyone months ago and we'd all be better (the board would be better) for doing the same.

On a few others.....

Whenever I set about selecting a best 22 I generally convince myself to leave Jack Silvagni out, but every single time I see him play the "WTF Were You Thinking" warning lamp starts flashing bright red. If the ball is anywhere near him then JSOS will find some way or some how to impose a presence on that contest. If he can't impact the contest in the air, then he'll impact it on the ground. If he can't gain possession on the first attempt then he'll give 2nd, 3rd and 4th attempts until he can. If he can't mark the ball in an aerial contest then he'll try to halve the it by spoiling his opponent, knocking the ball out of bounds or locking it in until reinforcements arrive and/or the umpire calls time. If an opponent has the ball then he'll be harassed, tackled and/or pressured so that there's no easy outlet. If JSOS is a little too far off to impact the contest then he'll manoeuvre himself into a position where he can be used as an option if a team mate wins the ball, but he'll also have an opposition player covered off that he can close down should the opposition win the ball. And for every goal he kicks himself he sets up another two. Along with Weitering, Docherty and Kennedy, Silvagni is one of the smartest players on our list. So who misses out??? Many here won't like this, but McGovern. Gulp...........I can hear the piglets squealing already.

This is why I actually think JSOS's biggest value to us is as a defensive half forward / tagger. In the second half of last year he certainly proved to us that he's one of, if not the best one on one player in the team. Doesn't seem to lose a contest once the ball's at ground level.

In extension to this discussion, do we think there's now an expiry date on Ed Curnow's time in our Best 22? Good Clubman, and decent enough player, but have said for a while we'll know we're a good side when Ed Curnow is pushed out of the 22.

Jack is better defensively and offensively than Ed. Cleaner user of the ball (much cleaner). Ed only beats him in endurance.

This is why I actually think JSOS's biggest value to us is as a defensive half forward / tagger. In the second half of last year he certainly proved to us that he's one of, if not the best one on one player in the team. Doesn't seem to lose a contest once the ball's at ground level.

In extension to this discussion, do we think there's now an expiry date on Ed Curnow's time in our Best 22? Good Clubman, and decent enough player, but have said for a while we'll know we're a good side when Ed Curnow is pushed out of the 22.

Jack is better defensively and offensively than Ed. Cleaner user of the ball (much cleaner). Ed only beats him in endurance.

Ed and Jack are 2 different players, neither will replace the other

See what you're saying but not going to be any time soon, he got 16 clearances, yes 16, last year against Freo with no Cripps. He also has a knack of popping up to kick goals as well.

Stopped 'liking' anyone months ago and we'd all be better (the board would be better) for doing the same.
I just don't want valuable posters chased away. If tsg wants people to respect his pictures then that's his right. Snapping back at him risks losing that valued input for the majority of people who can't attend live.

In my experience in the art business it's only an infringement of rights if someone profits from using anothers creative work, without permission. I would have thought that photography would be in the same basket.
Unless you willingly make it available in a public forum. Then it is in the public domain and free for anyone to use. I once had the student of an author in my class, she refused to allow any of her work to be published in any magazines or websites because it no longer belonged to the student in name and said student could no longer profit from it. Whilst I love the images TSG, I would suggest tightened internet security if you intent to profit from the work or prevent others from profiting in kind.

Likes are cleaner way of agreeing with somebody’s post. Much better than having good posts repeatedly quoted with a “This” or “+1”. I think the like function is actually pretty useful, nothing to do with ego.

I just don't want valuable posters chased away. If tsg wants people to respect his pictures then that's his right. Snapping back at him risks losing that valued input for the majority of people who can't attend live.

I have no desire to lose anyone, as everyone has a right to be here and put their ideas forward without fear or favour.
'Likes' can sometime get in the way of this for reasons that don't need explaining here.

Having said that though, everyone also has to accept being put under the spotlight for what they've put forward.
No need to cower to anyone, or to afford extra credits to someone because of one reason or another.....and FFS...there are no leaders. What are we? Sheep?

Likes are cleaner way of agreeing with somebody’s post. Much better than having good posts repeatedly quoted with a “This” or “+1”. I think the like function is actually pretty useful, nothing to do with ego.

My observations lead me to seeing different things.
Some people are pure by their nature in 'administering' their likes and some are influenced via ulterior motives.

Anyway, no likes for you.....and I got in before Instagram and Facebook.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back