FTA-TV Australian Survivor - All Stars

That was an epic tribal, Phoebe really went hard at Mo but wasn’t counting on Dave working against her, I guess that happens when you go against Dave in this game. Btw, Dave was hanging out with Brooke and Phoebe at one of their houses in Melbourne last week watching the show, so I guess Phoebe moved on!
Dave was hanging out with Mo

I don't know why people like Dave so much. Sure he plays it hard but he's an a-hole. Pure vindictiveness towards Phoebie purely because she didn't vote the way he wanted and then keeping her looking after he found the idol. He's not a person I'd like to know IRL.
Judging from the instagram posts, everyone that has played with him seems to love him.
I think he lays it on thick for the cameras, he plays hard and loves playing the game but he isn't an a-hole.
You only needed to see how he reacted to Luke not winning immunity last season and his plea to stay in to see he is actually a genuine person.

I don't know why people like Dave so much. Sure he plays it hard but he's an a-hole. Pure vindictiveness towards Phoebie purely because she didn't vote the way he wanted and then keeping her looking after he found the idol. He's not a person I'd like to know IRL.
Legend!
He'd be awesome to know IRL

Dave was hanging out with Mo
He was watching with Brooke and Phoebe the other night on his insta stories. In fact it seems every bloody night he is catching up with cast members from this season and last season

Love Dave, if it weren’t for players like him the show would be boring. Pity people like Lee will win it though, the bloke does sweet FA.

I am a big Golden God fan but he was an a-hole tonight. He didnt have to rub it in Phoebes face and I dont blame her for rejecting the consoling at the end. She was a lamb to the slaughter and i didnt like seeing it even if Phoebe did stuff up a couple of times in telling dave about the clue and voting against him

and on the other hand i cannot stand Moan-a . She is truly a mean girl who think the world owes her everything, Am very scared she is getting a winners edit although i cannot see how many that make the jury would vote for her.

Mo keeps talking about playing a massive game, everyone else is her pawn. But little does she know she's just a pawn to David.

Fingers crossed The Golden God throws down the hammer, and gets her voted off in an epic send off. That leaves her gobsmacked.

Would've preferred it if Dave sided with Phoebe and blindsided Moana, pretty harsh of him to use Phoebe to get another idol then turn on her and vote her out. It's not like she even tried to vote him out, she just didn't want to vote out Nick like he did so his vendetta against her seemed over the top.

Moana is arguably more of a threat and less trustworthy than Phoebe so I'm not sure Dave made the right call there, only time will tell I guess.

Dave has 0% chance of winning, don't see how you can call him a great player.

Amazing TV unquestionably, but I think I'd take half the cast over him.

With two idols now he's at least a chance of going deep in the game, I doubt he will win it but I wouldn't say he has zero chance either.

Last edited:
It's a game about deception and lies, nearly anything goes... except don't be an a-hole?

You can play it hard without being an a-hole. Luke was a good example of this.

To be honest 90% of the cast has been ultra conservative. If it weren't for David/Henry/David this whole season would be an immediate bust.

Looking forward to all newbies next season.
That is because there is a disconnect between what is entertaining for you the viewer and what is good for a player's game. There are a fair chunk of good strategists left in the game and they would know, either from experiencing it themselves or watching it happen to others, is that playing hard early (unless you're absolutely forced to - Phoebe Season 1; Harry Season 4), inevitably catches up to you even if you make merge, plus playing overtly hard pre-merge increases the likelihood that you'll get burnt by non-eliminations (AK). Harry is the rare exception of someone playing hard and having a target on their back making to the final 3. Henry, David, Luke (Season 2), Matt, Benji, you can even make a case for Nick given the lack of aggressive players in his season - all played too hard too early and didn't get close to the end game.

The structure of Oz Survivor with the 4 extra players, boots that stay in the game, and effectively only one swap of any sufficient length to really shake up and re-shape alliances, means there is a less room to hide and probability wise less of the cast you'll encounter before merge. It is still hard to play hard right the way through US Survivor, but it is possible, whereas barring getting handed a string of consecutive idols by production or going on an extensive immunity run I'm not sure it'll ever happen here.

You're celebrating Henry, when he did the worst thing you can do as a Survivor player - not learn anything from your first season.

As for Dave, I think he, and for that matter Harry as well, have greatly benefited from the Hantz effect (ie. being on back-to-back seasons without the rest of the cast having seen your season). They were already filming this season whilst theirs was still airing here, so whilst lines like "they've forgotten that I'm Dirty Harry" and the like resonate with the casuals, were the players themselves actually still in the country to see when he started having to play hard?

Whilst I am still in the camp that Dave is the best player Aus Survivor has seen, him pulling out the idol just to rub it in Phoebe’s face was probably not worth it. I’d rather have 2 secret idols than 1 secret one and 1 that is out in the open. I get that he was trying to do something big like he said in his confessional but I worry that it puts to much of a target on his back.

That being said, I’m so glad Mokuta finally lost and went to TC because how good is it seeing The Golden God go to work.

As for Dave, I think he, and for that matter Harry as well, have greatly benefited from the Hantz effect (ie. being on back-to-back seasons without the rest of the cast having seen your season). They were already filming this season whilst theirs was still airing here, so whilst lines like "they've forgotten that I'm Dirty Harry" and the like resonate with the casuals, were the players themselves actually still in the country to see when he started having to play hard?
No doubt. But I think the very good social players can quickly pick out threats.

No one knew Hantz yet within a few days the more astute players like Boston Rob and the like had him pencilled as being a danger.
His Tyson play was still the the best blindside play I've seen.

It certainly is an advantage.

It's a game about deception and lies, nearly anything goes... except don't be an a-hole?
It seems people watching take more offence then the actual players .
You know what you sign up , you know whats potentially coming your way.

The majority of the contestants move on very quickly and dont take things personally.

I honestly assumed that Dave for all the bluster about voting Phoebe our for not having his back, actually did it because working with Phoebe means working with Nick which he did not want to do.

If he’s made this call just because he’s pissed at Phoebe for the last vote where she “disobeyed” him then I’d say it’s short sighted (as was revealing his idol, can’t say I understand that).

Phoebe refusing to hug or shake hands with anyone she assumed voted for her was also pretty childish.

Back