FTA-TV Survivor 44

Remove this Banner Ad

What a brutal way to go out first. The woman played the shot in the dark because she was flighty but given how useless the shot in the dark has been over past seasons, it is almost a good tactical position to use it in that spot and not reveal your hand. Brandon will be pissed at Kane because he voted for him. The other two can just put their hands up in the air and say it wasn't me.

This snuck up.

Or maybe I just don’t care after the last few series.

I’ll watch the first ep/s after the cricket, but I dunno how long I’ll last.

Guy would have been dehydrated from dragging the coconuts around the beach for four hours.

Think how much different this season of Australian survivor would have been had they medivacced George out of the game the same way they did for Bruce. Just listened to know it alls and surprised that wasn't brought up. It sounded like Bruce was fine 24 hours later. I suppose you don't want people gaming the system for a free pass but for a clear head knock like that you feel it would be reasonable to get properly assessed and be allowed back.

Didn't go straight up on 9now tonight. That's a bummer. Wasn't that long ago you could watch it on 9now hours before it was on tv.

I mean easily one of the best premieres they've had in some time, complete with the most inexplicable and extra first-up votes they've probably ever had.

Jamie is not cut out for this lol.

Couldn't have asked much more from your 'survivor experience' as the first boot.

Very keen for this, word is production thinks it was an excellent season
Well. *.

Awful premiere imo. Opening challenge for almost nothing, inspirational Probst, savvy/sweat, and trek on advantage island are all well past their use by date by now. This is easily the worst iteration of advantage island too, inheritance advantage seems like a mess waiting to happen.

And then we have so much random s**t flying around at tribal, half the tribe doesn't vote, two votes don't count and we lose one of the 5/6 people on that tribe that I don't feel like I know anything about despite it being a two hour premiere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's finally up on 9now!

But Carolyn is amazing and while she stays on the show I have hope

She's going to be an amazing narrator for as long as she survives - not in terms of explaining the game like your historically famous narrators (like Cochrane), but in terms of being hilarious, crazy, and representing chaos.

Not sure how I'd feel about being told that she'd peed her pants after she hugged me...

Apparently they have confirmed Bruce will be on the next season of Survivor.

They should really investigate introducing a rule like we have here. I think we make it too easy in the Australian version - from what we've seen on the show, it seems to be up to 24 hours with no restrictions around food, water or sleep - but it sucked that old mate had to leave when it sounded like he would've been fine if they'd left it 4 hours.

I dunno... maybe it doesn't work at all post-merge, but certainly pre-merge I don't see a reason that you can't have maybe an 8-hour medical break. It's not long enough to re-hydrate and rest properly.

I didn't like the first up episode.

The first challenge..........really? That is it. Much prefer the ones where they all compete for foot, supplies, whatever they can get thier hands on. And to haul all those coconuts just to get the same reward? So dumb.

The 'you are going to an island' whole charade is dumb. Can we go back to actually finding idols?

Shot in the Dark I agree.........BS. It needs to go.

The whole tribal with only 6 of them and so many people in/out of actual voting was ridiculous.

I feel like all I got out of that was that 3 of them got injured, the whole cage thing was really a waste of time and there are too many advantages/risk votes etc so early.

They should really investigate introducing a rule like we have here. I think we make it too easy in the Australian version - from what we've seen on the show, it seems to be up to 24 hours with no restrictions around food, water or sleep - but it sucked that old mate had to leave when it sounded like he would've been fine if they'd left it 4 hours.

I dunno... maybe it doesn't work at all post-merge, but certainly pre-merge I don't see a reason that you can't have maybe an 8-hour medical break. It's not long enough to re-hydrate and rest properly.
Apparently Bruce was concussed and took 3-4 days to recover so he would've been pulled even if he had 24 hours

comic book guy GIF

I raised my eyebrows when Rob Cesternino (Survivor podcaster) said that the Australian version has gone past the American version in its current state but he’s not wrong after watching that first episode.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back