FTA-TV Survivor 43

Remove this Banner Ad

This series is bordering on unwatchable.

The legacy of series 39 went from being really icky & horrible, to being one that changed the game, to potentially being one that ruined/ended the game.

I'm obviously the furthest thing you could imagine from being a "go woke go broke" loser... but I'm watching tonight hearing Jeff ask about the society and the societal rules they create. And while they're talking I'm thinking "you're all idiots, the last one still playing by those rules goes home."

But then I thought... do they? The rules they created for themselves this season are the same as season 42. Which were the same as season 41. This quiet moves, lovey-dovey bullshit is all you really have now. Because after all the rule changes following season 39, all the potentially shitty behaviour at the extremes of what's acceptable (or not) have been taken out of the game.

Obviously sexual harassment isn't, and is never ok. But all the great villains that they lionise? I think Sandra and Tony are the only 2 who could get away with playing like that today. Parvati doesn't get away with being a bitchy manipulator, Rob & Coach don't get their cult leader seasons, Russell doesn't get away with just being an outright bully separating the young beautiful idiots from the rest of the tribe. Because while they aren't on the same level as sexual harassment, they do all toy with the fringes of bullying and isolation. Which I think everyone accepted until they cast a gross predator in season 39.

By the way, these series with more than 2 starting tribes suck. You don't get enough time to remember who is who and who has relationships with who. From a viewer perspective this seemed like a new series altogether once they got to the merge last week.
I don't disagree with a lot of this but I don't think it's anything to do with what happened in 39. The overall niceness is just what Probst has wanted the show to be since he took over running it well before 39 and he's gone too far with it.

Rob/Coach/Russell etc were able to do what they did because they were up against people who didn't know the game at all. They couldn't be cult leaders on this season because the rest of the cast have seen the show before instead of being models they find in LA bars. The villains are still there too, they're just not being edited like they used to be. Ricard and Omar would've been portrayed as great villains in an earlier era.

Anyway, I didnt mind this episode. The Jesse reveal was great, massive kudos Dwight for not giving it away in his exit press too, got a lot of camp life and tribe dynamics, the sitting out for rice bit was at least short which is something, vote was a bit of a dud though and Jeff needs to stop trying so hard at tribal.

Jesse is quite the decision position here, hopefully uses that idol well. That was quite the comprehensive vote at tribal, the editing made me feel like it was going to be much closer. I’d imagine next episode it’s going to be a Ryan v Cassidy showdown.

They've set James up for the fall the last couple of weeks so that was coming.

Surprised they didn't vote Cassidy out at the second tribal. Ryan was the ultimate goat and after watching James go he would have been suspicious of the first group and right up for a bro down alliance with Jesse and Cody moving forward I reckon. Pissed myself at the tribal when he said he was going to take his bat and ball and bag full of clams with him if he was voted out.

CBS stingy muther*ers with the peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

James was almost a good player but another one who can't control his emotions enough.

Btw, if this was last years season there would be a massive riot about how all the black people have been voted off. Two in a row in this episode.

Good episode, nice blindside of James. Couldn’t quite make out what he was saying prior to having his torch snuffed, he was pissed off though.

Problem with the double vote off episodes is they don’t always show the montage of who voted for who on the first vote - I was really interested to see which way did Karla vote. I assumed the 3 that Jeff read out were from Owen and then Noelle x 2.

Noelle wasting her advantage to try to force getting credit for voting him out and Sammi still the one who gets majority of the credit in the edit

Good episode, nice blindside of James. Couldn’t quite make out what he was saying prior to having his torch snuffed, he was pissed off though.

Problem with the double vote off episodes is they don’t always show the montage of who voted for who on the first vote - I was really interested to see which way did Karla vote. I assumed the 3 that Jeff read out were from Owen and then Noelle x 2.

All the unread votes are pretty much always for the person going home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I don't know if I noticed it much in the last two seasons, but I am feeling the crunch this time around. Not to say that Karla wouldn't have voted James out in a 39-day season, but the move might have had more weight to it.

Kind of a shame cause think the cast is great, and there's no obvious weak link from the 8 remaining.

Just caught up on the latest ep over the weekend.

Srsly- the building a tower challenge again for the 2345th time?
Ffs get some imagination and come up with some new challenges American Survivor.
They're clearly trying to save money on challenges which is why so many these days are stand in one spot and balance something, but even so, you'd think they could get more creative with it. Touchy subjects/coconut chop should come back

Noelles win in the reward challenge is easily the most impressive win I can remember on this show, and I'm surprised how not OTT Probst went afterwards considering the last few seasons. Ironically ended up being a terrible game move for her though

Not sure why they called the water challenge a draw. Even though the tide was going back out they should have made them either negotiate a winner or just lie there for how ever long it took before someone was freezing or just over it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back