FTA-TV Survivor 43

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the last two eps and have to echo the earlier sentiments that that move is probably one of the best in years

I've forgotten what Jeanine's idol looks like so the fact that Jesse played Cody's idol really explains Cody's wtf reaction and why he didn't do anything

Also props to Cody for not being immediately bitter about the whole thing

Great to get back to such high quality episodes. Best since Tony's episode in WaW.

Jesse is a great player but I don't get the feeling that he is winning this. I'm feeling a Gabler fire knock out in the making

Jesse is a great player but I don't get the feeling that he is winning this. I'm feeling a Gabler fire knock out in the making
That's really the only way he does lose IMO; losing final immunity then loses fire making to miss the final tribal. It'd be incredibly unlucky, but maybe he's thinking about this and building fires off camera.

That's really the only way he does lose IMO; losing final immunity then loses fire making to miss the final tribal. It'd be incredibly unlucky, but maybe he's thinking about this and building fires off camera.
"Damn. You were right."

Clearly I wasn’t paying enough attention this season, I thought Gabler was everyone’s goat.

Though given the history of survivor it’s not surprising to see a woman who played an almost perfect social & physical game lose…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clearly I wasn’t paying enough attention this season, I thought Gabler was everyone’s goat.

Though given the history of survivor it’s not surprising to see a woman who played an almost perfect social & physical game lose…

Cassidy's and Gabler's social games must have been completely different on the island compared to how they portrayed it on the show

In the finale it almost sounds like the jury made a group decision before the final tribal council on who was going to win. With the result it’s hard not to think some of them knew Gabler was going to donate all of the prize money prior to the vote.

In the finale it almost sounds like the jury made a group decision before the final tribal council on who was going to win. With the result it’s hard not to think some of them knew Gabler was going to donate all of the prize money prior to the vote.
I reckon they knew.

There was a lot of strange pandering to him from the jury from the start.

Was pretty shocked when the votes came through, but I'm not hating on it. Don't think the others had wildly better games, and it was clear he built good relationships with most of the jury.

Unless I see otherwise I don't think anyone knew of Gabler's plan with the money - a pretty good acting job if they did. But, there was probably more to Karla putting the mozz on Cassidy with the jury. But regardless, Cassidy didn't really stand out to me in a meaningful way and such is the folly of the firemaking challenge that her needing to do it to beat Jesse was probably necessary.

Slow start to the season, but think the final 8 was as good as they've had in a while. If the teaser to 44 checks out and they actually make idols harder to find then great...but my guess is the dude just climbed the rock for no reason and probably could have found it underneath the lid of the well.

As usual, I would be interested in the actual play in the game- the editing of the show isn't necessarily a fair representation of how the social game was played.

I thought Cassidy was a bit arrogant in tribal but I agree with the other comments - I think the jury made thier mind up prior to tribal anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back