2020 New Zealand vs India (5 T20Is, 3 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Archer’s body is an issue, he clearly has the talent but is he physically and mentally up to the grind of test cricket?

His attitude was terrible to be honest. Just really looked liked he couldn't be bothered
Looked an absolute patch of the bowler who put the wind up a few batsmen in the ashes series

And that means when we finish the job next summer Kohli and co will have time off in June to kick back relax and watch us play for the test championship

haven't really looked at it but Im assuming the top rated side plays the test championship at home ?. Because if India stay top, good luck beating them at home

His attitude was terrible to be honest. Just really looked liked he couldn't be bothered
Looked an absolute patch of the bowler who put the wind up a few batsmen in the ashes series

Even in the Ashes take his first test out and did he do much? There was a lot of moping around though. Seems a frontrunner, good when it's going England's way.

haven't really looked at it but Im assuming the top rated side plays the test championship at home ?. Because if India stay top, good luck beating them at home

The Final is at Lords I'm almost certain on that.

Were Sri Lanka better than Australia in 2016.

Are the West Indies better than England.
Hahahaha you have a hard on for Sri Lanka.
Facts are NZ has not beaten us in 30 years. In that time we have beaten them 24 times only losing 3 times with 8 draws. Safe to say we are better. That’s a bigger domination than the Wallabies have suffered at the All blacks hands.

The Wallabies haven’t won a Bledisloe since 2002 but have since been ranked above the All Blacks but it would be disingenuous to say were ever better in that time as they never beat them

Hahahaha you have a hard on for Sri Lanka.
Facts are NZ has not beaten us in 30 years. In that time we have beaten them 24 times only losing 3 times with 8 draws. Safe to say we are better. That’s a bigger domination than the Wallabies have suffered at the All blacks hands.

The Wallabies haven’t won a Bledisloe since 2002 but have since been ranked above the All Blacks but it would be disingenuous to say were ever better in that time as they never beat them

Oh for f***s sake it has nothing to do with who I go for. Which isn’t Sri Lanka btw.

Answer the question and put the pea-sized intellect logic aside for five minutes and remove yourself from the idea that someone has to ask a question based on bias, and that it is a legitimate question.

Are the West Indies better than england.

If not, and I agree they’re not, then suddenly a head to head result isn’t the be all and end all, and a vast mix of other results must be the decisive factor.

You seem incapable of realising this.

If the wallabies had been beating all comers and lost the bledisloe, and Nz had mediocre results against all comers and won the bledisloe, I’d easily suggest Australia deserved their ranking.

Played at Lords. NZ having home series against Pakistan and the West Indies and away against Bangladesh are a massive chance to make it.

Australia are away to Bangladesh and South Africa but home to India

India is home to England and away to Aus

England are home against Pakistan and West Indies and play India and Sri Lanka away

India is currently on top with 360 points but have played an extra series and have a maximum of 240 points available and the hardest run home

Australia is second on 296 points and have a potential of gaining 360 and have an easier run home than India

NZ have the easiest run home and are currently third on 180 points and have the potential to gain 360

England are fourth with 146 points they have 4 series to go 3 of them being fairly easy and one of them being difficult. But they have the potential of picking up 480 points

I would say at this point in time I would be leaning towards a Aus v NZ final

Where India are disadvantaged is they play 5 tests against England worth 24 each even at home it’s hard to whitewash a side in a 5 test series, where as NZ have two two test series against weaker opponents at home where they can pick up 60 points per test.

Oh for f***s sake it has nothing to do with who I go for. Which isn’t Sri Lanka btw.

Answer the question and put the pea-sized intellect logic aside for five minutes and remove yourself from the idea that someone has to ask a question based on bias, and that it is a legitimate question.

Are the West Indies better than england.

If not, and I agree they’re not, then suddenly a head to head result isn’t the be all and end all, and a vast mix of other results must be the decisive factor.

You seem incapable of realising this.

If the wallabies had been beating all comers and lost the bledisloe, and Nz had mediocre results against all comers and won the bledisloe, I’d easily suggest Australia deserved their ranking.
Mate give it a rest. I am happy to see NZ doing well I have followed them closely and think their rise is good for test cricket. I am not basing my judgement of Australia being better of the fact that we embarrassed them in a 3 test series in isolation but it’s up to them to prove that they are actually better than us they have won 3 tests against us in 30 years.

You keep bringing up series from 2016, in 2016 we whitewashed in New Zealand after beating them 2-0 at home. We have consistently proved we are too good home and away and after the last series it doesn’t look like that trend is changing

Take your head out of the sand we got punished in the rankings due to the over the top suspensions cricket Australia handed out that played a massive role in us losing to India and Pakistan.

You can pretend that those results are relevant to this current side all you want. But here is some context for you, going into that series in the UAE Smith and Warner ranked as the second and fourth best test batsmen in the world while Cummins and Hazelwood are ranked as the fifth and tenth best bowlers in the world. If you want to keep pretending that their absence wasn’t a key factor in losing 1-0 and that team‘s performance is a true reflection on the current one that is up to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

actually i don't mind that. Build up a tradition
I think they should move it around. Why shouldn’t it be in India or Australia? I would like it to always be held in a neutral country though with the ICC taking control of the wicket preparation so neither team is advantaged

Mate give it a rest. I am happy to see NZ doing well I have followed them closely and think their rise is good for test cricket. I am not basing my judgement of Australia being better of the fact that we embarrassed them in a 3 test series in isolation but it’s up to them to prove that they are actually better than us they have won 3 tests against us in 30 years.

You keep bringing up series from 2016, in 2016 we whitewashed in New Zealand after beating them 2-0 at home. We have consistently proved we are too good home and away and after the last series it doesn’t look like that trend is changing

Take your head out of the sand we got punished in the rankings due to the over the top suspensions cricket Australia handed out that played a massive role in us losing to India and Pakistan.

You can pretend that those results are relevant to this current side all you want. But here is some context for you, going into that series in the UAE Smith and Warner ranked as the second and fourth best test batsmen in the world while Cummins and Hazelwood are ranked as the fifth and tenth best bowlers in the world. If you want to keep pretending that their absence wasn’t a key factor in losing 1-0 and that team‘s performance is a true reflection on the current one that is up to you.

It
Is
Called
An
Example

I’m not saying ‘are Australia worthy of their CURRENT ranking having lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka 4 years ago’

I am saying that AT THE TIME no one would question that Australia were the better side yet they still got humiliated.

The question therefore is why do you base your entire assessment off one result when there are piles of historical examples of better sides overall losing badly to teams that may be equal to or inferior to them

I think he needs to mature both mentally and physically. Obviously he has huge potential but the jury is still out on if he will deliver on his potential

I think they should move it around. Why shouldn’t it be in India or Australia? I would like it to always be held in a neutral country though with the ICC taking control of the wicket preparation so neither team is advantaged

Na, I like it at Lords. Most iconic ground and is relatively neutral anyway as England are terrible there

It
Is
Called
An
Example

I’m not saying ‘are Australia worthy of their CURRENT ranking having lost 3-0 to Sri Lanka 4 years ago’

I am saying that AT THE TIME no one would question that Australia were the better side yet they still got humiliated.

The question therefore is why do you base your entire assessment off one result when there are piles of historical examples of better sides overall losing badly to teams that may be equal to or inferior to them
I am not basing it of one series keep putting your head in the sand champ.

When did I base anything of one series? As much as you may like to dismiss it as just one series NZ just can not beat us, historically they can’t. We smashed them both home and away at the start of 2016 and again in 2019. It’s great to see them start to emerge as a cricketing nation but anybody with even half a brain would tell you that you are wrong if you said that they are currently a better side than Australia.

I get you love your rankings but their is no escaping the fact that Australia is punished in the rankings due to losing games in 2018 when we were missing our best players. Again anyone can see that is not a true reflection of this team yes NZ have done well there is no denying that but they are not a better test side than Australia.

Funnily enough you look at the rankings for the world test championship and we sit above them. So what rankings is right?

I am not basing it of one series keep putting your head in the sand champ.

When did I base anything of one series? As much as you may like to dismiss it as just one series NZ just can not beat us, historically they can’t. We smashed them both home and away at the start of 2016 and again in 2019. It’s great to see them start to emerge as a cricketing nation but anybody with even half a brain would tell you that you are wrong if you said that they are currently a better side than Australia.

I get you love your rankings but their is no escaping the fact that Australia is punished in the rankings due to losing games in 2018 when we were missing our best players. Again anyone can see that is not a true reflection of this team yes NZ have done well there is no denying that but they are not a better test side than Australia.

Funnily enough you look at the rankings for the world test championship and we sit above them. So what rankings is right?

If Australia lose everywhere to everyone but beat NZ while NZ beat most teams everywhere but lost to Australia would you say that Australia are a better side?

If it offends you that much that I dare to question your logic, for what it’s worth I think Australia probably ARE the better side right now but I don’t think that based on the result of what just happened here in the trans Tasman series.

If Australia lose everywhere to everyone but beat NZ while NZ beat most teams everywhere but lost to Australia would you say that Australia are a better side?

If it offends you that much that I dare to question your logic, for what it’s worth I think Australia probably ARE the better side right now but I don’t think that based on the result of what just happened here in the trans Tasman series.
But that is not what has happened. I never solely based my judgement of one series either. I just chose not to read much into the series against the Pakistan in the UAE or India due to the players being missing. The rankings system punished us for that losing to the 7th ranked Pakistan hurt and then losing at home to India further hurt our ranking and is a big reason why we don’t have the points to currently sit higher. I am not going to get into we would of won or would of still lost but especially in the UAE losing with that many players out isn’t a reflection on the current side. I get the ranking system can’t and won’t take into account players missing but we were outsiders in the betting in both series

That but that being said the most recent form has to carry the most weight. It would be like saying Wilder is currently the better fighter than Fury.

I really hope that we see this level of performance from NZ become the new norm and I would love to see them actually beat us a few times as that is good for the game.

I hope when they get the new ground up and going in Auckland enabling them to play international cricket in their biggest city they can take that increased revenue and use that to grow the game

But that is not what has happened. I never solely based my judgement of one series either. I just chose not to read much into the series against the Pakistan in the UAE or India due to the players being missing. The rankings system punished us for that losing to the 7th ranked Pakistan hurt and then losing at home to India further hurt our ranking and is a big reason why we don’t have the points to currently sit higher. I am not going to get into we would of won or would of still lost but especially in the UAE losing with that many players out isn’t a reflection on the current side. I get the ranking system can’t and won’t take into account players missing but we were outsiders in the betting in both series

That but that being said the most recent form has to carry the most weight. It would be like saying Wilder is currently the better fighter than Fury.

I really hope that we see this level of performance from NZ become the new norm and I would love to see them actually beat us a few times as that is good for the game.

I hope when they get the new ground up and going in Auckland enabling them to play international cricket in their biggest city they can take that increased revenue and use that to grow the game

That’s a far better analysis than anything you’d given previously. Cheers

Look I am a huge fan of NZ cricket I watch them as much as I can and always support them when they don’t play Aus. So I was never trying to pay out on them or anything.

It doesn’t especially worry me if you do but I thought it was a bit unfair of a lot of fans - particular ones who hadn’t followed much of the kiwis (not saying you’re one of them) to watch them get spanked here and then just automatically write off everything they’ve done. I personally think a spinner and one more class batsman - Blundell is stil a bit unproven and Nicholls has failed some big tests - would make them capable of being the best side in the world if Jamieson is as good as he looks

It doesn’t especially worry me if you do but I thought it was a bit unfair of a lot of fans - particular ones who hadn’t followed much of the kiwis (not saying you’re one of them) to watch them get spanked here and then just automatically write off everything they’ve done. I personally think a spinner and one more class batsman - Blundell is stil a bit unproven and Nicholls has failed some big tests - would make them capable of being the best side in the world if Jamieson is as good as he looks
No look I understand that, I think they need a quick that can crank it up when there isn’t so much sideways movement. I have heard Jamieson can get it up over 140 still yet to see it but that could be down to the wickets I have seen him bowl on. Ferguson can bowl at that speed but needs to get some more experience at the level.

On the batting front Blundell has made a positive start but his back foot style will be interesting to watch when he is on low pitches in the subcontinent to see how it holds up there.

Also Devon Conway becomes eligible for NZ mid this year he is currently the leading run scorer in the Plunkett Shield and made a triple century earlier this season for Wellington and has a career average of 46. His eligibility adds depth for their batting

We need to win more away from home to be a clear no1. Still haven't won an overseas series in years.
Still we're easily the most competitive touring team now that the saffas are struggling and India showed that the last year was just a fluke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back