Coronavirus Tv shows to binge.

Remove this Banner Ad

It's weird, I've got that game recorded, but I'm always disappointed when I miss another replay :think:
I've got them all recorded I think but I prefer to watch them 'live' on replay

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

I'm halfway through S2. It was soooo slow to start, its gotten better but i'd have to say it still hasn't 100% grabbed me. A lot of hours to get through when its just plodding

Yeah I gave up, too slow.

Ozark isn't bad, the 3rd series just got added to Netflix. Drags a bit in the middle but finishes with a bang.

Jason Bateman and Laura Linney star as a suburban middle class couple who make some bad decisions and end up working for Mexican drug cartels as money launderers.

Enjoyable as a Midwestern Breaking Bad style series.
Ozark is so *ing slow. Everyone hypes it up but i'm halfway through the first season and nothing significant has happened.
Mindhunter is verrrry good imho.
Mindhunter is also on my list along with Money Heist.

Ozark is so f*n slow. Everyone hypes it up but i'm halfway through the first season and nothing significant has happened.

Mindhunter is also on my list along with Money Heist.

I'm finding Ozark very unrealistic - you really have to check your brain at the door, things just don't add up like how calm the Byrds always are...he is a Financial planner FFS

Agree with Mindhunter and Community recommendations.

And please everyone, do yourself a favour and watch Taskmaster. 9 seasons (74 episodes) of gold. Should see you through for quite a while.

Fleabag is also good.

Ozark is beloved by a lot of people that I know but for me it's just so incredibly overrated.

I trudged through a season and a half before bailing on a show that is chock full of stupid plot devices that defy all logic and people that are so cold and unlikeable that they don't seem to have any redeeming qualities whatsoever. In hindsight I would've been quite happy to see them all go out of the high-rise window in the first episode and call that the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any Australian crime shows people recommend? Blue Murder, the 90s miniseries on the Roger Rogerson Neddy Smith era in Sydney was well done, worth watching for Richard Roxburgh's uncanny portrayal of Rogerson alone.

Blue Murder is the best Australian TV ever.

Latest Underbelly starts tonight about the barrister turned police informer Gobbo. Mokbel and Williams are back.

I trudged through a season and a half before bailing on a show that is chock full of stupid plot devices that defy all logic and people that are so cold and unlikeable that they don't seem to have any redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Phew. Thought you were talking about BF for a minute.

Courtesy of a friend living overseas, we are reliving our youth with Callan. It holds up well, in spite of minimal technology - phone boxes etc.

Also enjoying The Detectorists - anyone else seen this series? Written by and starring Mackenzie Crook ('Gareth' in The Office).

Any Australian crime shows people recommend? Blue Murder, the 90s miniseries on the Roger Rogerson Neddy Smith era in Sydney was well done, worth watching for Richard Roxburgh's uncanny portrayal of Rogerson alone.

Definately not in the class of Blue Murder, but Catching Milat is on Stan.

Shows I've watched this year that I'd recommend:
  • Mr Robot - drama/thriller about a hacker taking on a big tech company. Really solid show with a great ending. Start of season 2 is a drag but the rest is brilliant
  • Community - outside of season 4 its pretty funny and doesn't require too much focus. Somewhat similar comedy to Parks and Rec
  • Barry - dark comedy/crime show similar in tone to Fargo. General story is a hitman becomes interesting in theare acting in LA. Bill Hader is great and it's really well written. Only 2 seasons into the series so you can catch up quickly
  • Silicon Valley - just a comedy about startup tech business. It does have an overall plot that becomes repetetive and the writers seemed to run out of ideas. It is pretty funny though, just has a weak overarching narrative and conclusion
  • The Boys - dark comedy/action that's about corrupt superheroes. Bit of a parody but it's quite smart and easy to watch quickly. Season 2 comes out in a few months
I've also been watching UK panel shows like 8 out of 10 cats does countdown, Taskmaster and Would I Lie To You?

I second the Brooklyn Nine-Nine recommendation from earlier. Last Friday's episode was one of the best of the series too

Also The Staircase - true crime doco series on Netflix

Shows I've watched this year that I'd recommend:
  • Mr Robot - drama/thriller about a hacker taking on a big tech company. Really solid show with a great ending. Start of season 2 is a drag but the rest is brilliant.

Ah, good to know. I watched all of the first season, then saw a few episodes from the second on a long flight, and gave up. Might have to get back to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back