Autopsy Roos lose to the Dogs - Round 5, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Anderson was in our top 3 worst purely due to his butchery.

He played a part in more Bulldog rebounds than anyone on the ground.

If you can’t dispose of it you have no place in the AFL.
Effective disposals
Jed - 64%
Zurhaar - 54%
Higgins - 57%
Hall - 40%
Polec - 46%
Only one of these guys plays on the inside where you’re always under pressure.

Honestly don’t get the hate. There’s 5 blokes (not Talking about the ones above; except Hall) that need to be dropped before him

disgusted, appalled, unhappy, repulsed, outraged and sick.

Yep I got the thesaurus out because that effort did not deserve a one word meaning of how I feel after that insipid effort. Players looking disinterested out there is a big issue for me.

And Rhyce, I don't want to hear the same crap of how you're not happy because they have not played our brand of footy. They have done that for 3 straight weeks now. What I want to hear is that these displays are unacceptable and there are players that will no be playing next week because of it.

The reason we won those 2 games were because we weren't petrified of moving the ball quickly on the transition once we extracted it from the contest. We upped our intensity and wanted it more.

We haven't reached that level since then.

The two wins were genuine wins for being outright tougher and classier with the ball when it mattered.

Don't let the last three weeks skew your perspective of those matches.

The last three weeks have been total opposites to what we saw early in the season.

I have no idea why the team has gone away from what it did so well. Even under Brad.

I don't remember us actually trying to hit up a target on a lead inside 50 all night. I know we probably would have missed if we had, but surely that is a sign of a dysfunctional forward line. Brown looks dreadful because he is jumping into the side of a pack with one hand all night. How about opening it up letting him lead. We kicked 5 goals all night ffs...

At one stage I grabbed my abacus and noted that the starting midfield was Ando, Simpkin, Dumont and Hall . That right there is not AFL standard .
Then Xerri , Zurhaar Anderson and Simpkin .

So while it seems many of you are furious, the truth is we ain’t any good.
This also isn’t Shaw’s fault ! Remember that please .
Is abacus a euphemism?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

We just have not got enough football talent.

That's the reality. Goldy and Tarrant aside there is a lack of leadership in this group. I watched North play a pre season match against Melbourne at Arden street earlier this year and walked away worried about our team. No leg speed and some players lack the skills needed to compete against the best,
Several players have to be dropped, Just bring in the youngsters and see what they can do.

Effective disposals
Jed - 64%
Zurhaar - 54%
Higgins - 57%
Hall - 40%
Polec - 46%
Only one of these guys plays on the inside where you’re always under pressure.

Honestly don’t get the hate. There’s 5 blokes (not Talking about the ones above; except Hall) that need to be dropped before him
Well you can throw stats away then. It was plain to see the number of horrible turnovers committed by Jed.

I would bet my dick that 90% of Anderson’s turnovers came from having to attempt a 15% kick because our forward line was littered with Dogs defenders.

We were outworked at both ends and our clearances (apart from the first two in the final quarter) gave us nothing to work with.

Once they break our lines at half back (which was too easy for them as we sat off them at the stoppages) they can draw a defender a handball / chip over the top and end up with a no pressure inside 50 kick.

If Anderson gets that sort of space, and our forwards have that sort of space to work into, he’ll hit targets.

His role in and around the stoppages is what he should be looking at.

But I’d be far more worried about the concentration /work ethic of Polec, Hall and whoever else

And not having Cunnington in the guts doesn’t help. And without a CHF.

Seen enough of Hall for a bit.

H
Thank you and farewell;
jacobs
garner
atley
Ahern
tyson
Mckay
wood
Macmillian
crocker
campbell
hall
hosie

12 without trying......
Hosie?
Give the bloke a go the others yes
Crocker is only at the club because of his old man
Campbell we wasted a pick on him
Atley will survive he shouldn’t but will
This is Cameron Joyce finest work recruiting duds and no hopers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

waiting for Liam Picken to put his two cents worth in on Atleys AMAZING TACKLE BEST THING HE HAS EVER DONE tackle.

We need Larkey back deperately just to offer another tall forward who knows how to play in the forward line. Its our forwards that are the most concerning thing atm. When larkey does come back l would even consider bringing in Wood also because Larkey wont be match fit but will take the oppositions 2nd best defender leaving Wood or Zurhaar with the 3rd. Cunnington doesn't come back until FULLY fit. Eventhough McDonald did a great job l would still like him on the backline minding the smalls . Let Hayden do the tagging. Time to move on to next week...

I’d take Bonar, Ahern Both former first rounders, anyone over Macmillan

we have enough defenders

Not against Bonar but Ahern can * off.
Wood for Xerri, Cunners for Bonar. Is about it really .

Fancy being a tall at North and currently not getting a game ? Dear me for those guys.

I’d actually get a bit loose and play McKay up fwd.

The reason we won those 2 games were because we weren't petrified of moving the ball quickly on the transition once we extracted it from the contest. We upped our intensity and wanted it more.

We haven't reached that level since then.

The two wins were genuine wins for being outright tougher and classier with the ball when it mattered.

Don't let the last three weeks skew your perspective of those matches.

The last three weeks have been total opposites to what we saw early in the season.

I have no idea why the team has gone away from what it did so well. Even under Brad.
We have only been good in one game , GWS. vs the saints we got lucky. The rest we have been ordinary at best

Not many positives tonight. Jy, Goldy and Taz tried hard all night. I like what I saw from Taylor and Kyron. Hopefully this is Hall's last game for us. The fact Xerri gets a game before McKay is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back