Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Every chance that some US numbers are BS given people repeatedly get tested whilst positive.

It is important to track the testing that states are doing to diagnose people with COVID-19 infection in order to gauge the spread of COVID-19 in the U.S. and to know whether enough testing is occurring. When states report the number of COVID-19 tests performed, this should include the number of viral tests performed and the number of patients for which these tests were performed. Currently, states may not be distinguishing overall tests administered from the number of individuals who have been tested. This is an important limitation to the data that is available to track testing in the U.S., and states should work to address it.

Interesting what’s going on..
Oh Jesus.

It would be easy to dismiss Dr. Alexov as just another crank ‘conspiracy theorist.’ After all many people believe they’re everywhere these days, spreading dangerous misinformation about COVID-19 and other issues.

In addition, little of what Dr. Alexov alleges was the consensus from the May 8 webinar is in the publicly viewable parts of the proceedings.

But keep in mind that whistleblowers often stand alone because the vast majority of people are afraid to speak out publicly.

Yeah because people from war torn countries haven’t experienced their own version of hardship, right?

I daresay there are others in those towers that have lived extremely hard lives too. I wouldn’t be quick to take shots at them for being weak.

I’m also not actually seeing a lot of complaining. Saw multiple residents say they’d deal with it. A couple just asked that their medical needs were attended to. Fair enough I would have thought. Seen far more people like you getting outraged at people complaining.

This sort of crap discussion started when the comment was made that we had a "Gulag".
No we don't have a Gulag.
The people who really had to live in a Gulag would be offended to compare it.
Those stuck in their own home for a week are not worse of than those stuck in a tiny cruise ship room without a window.
They are not worse off than those stuck in a relatively luxury hotel, but not able to use Hotel amenities or even breathe fresh air.

They will not starve to death as some posters considered possible.

Yes they are pissed off, they should be pissed off at those in their building who failed at social distancing.

they should be pissed off at those in their building who failed at social distancing.

Bit of a nonsense statement.

Many of the residents in these towers work in jobs where it's impossible to work from home or socially distance.

Meanwhile, people over in Richmond and South Yarra were out all weekend drinking in groups.

It might be fun to pretend those people in the commission towers (or even the restricted suburbs) somehow did something wrong or deserved it, but for the most part, they didn't. And people carrying on like they did, whilst through dumb luck, being able to get on the beers with their mates, is pretty dumb.

Bit of a nonsense statement.

Many of the residents in these towers work in jobs where it's impossible to work from home or socially distance.

Meanwhile, people over in Richmond and South Yarra were out all weekend drinking in groups.

It might be fun to pretend those people in the commission towers (or even the restricted suburbs) somehow did something wrong or deserved it, but for the most part, they didn't. And people carrying on like they did, whilst through dumb luck, being able to get on the beers with their mates, is pretty dumb.

Its a question about whether you are socially distancing at all, or just not giving a crap.
I don't actually know anyone who has been able to do all their work from home, and most people i know are still full time at work.
So far there is no real evidence that public transport is spreading it , or it would not be in the select areas that it is.

Example : Guy bighting cops clearly doesn't give a rats if he is spreading virus.

The restricted suburbs will have plenty of people who are doing the right thing and don't have the virus.
They just have a higher proportion of people who don't give a crap.
All suburbs have at least some.
( and yeah Richmond and Sth Yarra seem to have had a certain arrogance all along ).

So states won’t accept Victorians but will accept foreign students from countries with higher rates of infection??!! $$$Ka-ching

Why don’t we just admit it and say that most Melbournians are not social distancing? If anyone went to Chadstone, Highpoint, the CBD or even the local plaza in the last few weeks, then you’d have seen places packed with people. It’s not just commission towers.

I was just waiting for the COVID-19 spread to be blamed on the people from lower socioeconomic regions and here we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why don’t we just admit it and say that most Melbournians are not social distancing? If anyone went to Chadstone, Highpoint, the CBD or even the local plaza in the last few weeks, then you’d have seen places packed with people. It’s not just commission towers.

I was just waiting for the COVID-19 spread to be blamed on the people from lower socioeconomic regions and here we are.
We went up to the Sunshine Coast on Saturday and in the big highway servos people were basically lining up on each other's heels. My wife finally turned to the girl behind her, pointed to the line and said "I think we're supposed to keep our distance aren't we?" To her credit, the girl apologised and stepped back to the marked spot behind her, but everyone else carried on breathing down each other's necks.

Probably nobody in the whole place had it, but the idea of distancing is to reduce the chances of spread. And it's not that hard to stand on a mark on the ground.

News.com.au Saying today's number is 190+, with 44% outside the lockdown zones

Apparently measures to increase the lockdown to potentially statewide are being discussed now, announcements this arvo

We went up to the Sunshine Coast on Saturday and in the big highway servos people were basically lining up on each other's heels. My wife finally turned to the girl behind her, pointed to the line and said "I think we're supposed to keep our distance aren't we?" To her credit, the girl apologised and stepped back to the marked spot behind her, but everyone else carried on breathing down each other's necks.

Probably nobody in the whole place had it, but the idea of distancing is to reduce the chances of spread. And it's not that hard to stand on a mark on the ground.
Yeah exactly. I feel like a lot of us Australians are not taking social distancing seriously. Swap the people in the commission towers with those in outer suburbs and I still think that we may see those in the commission towers still having more cases because of close interactions purely because of proximity.

News.com.au Saying today's number is 190+, with 44% outside the lockdown zones

Apparently measures to increase the lockdown to potentially statewide are being discussed now, announcements this arvo

Apparently some kind of press conference happening after lunch. Can't see how we're not seeing the whole of metro Melbourne back under Stage 3 restrictions by the end of the week.

Does anyone know someone who has/has had it? I'd like to hear some more information from the coalface, as it were. How did it affect you? How long did it last? Was it like any other virus you've had? Etc.

A woman was interviewed in Qld, who'd had it badly enough to require hospitalisation. After 100 days she was discharged but was not fully recovered, she said. She, as well as Boris and Prince Charles, report the effects as lingering.

Somewhat interesting twitter thread from a former deputy administrator within the HHS under Obama

Does anyone know someone who has/has had it? I'd like to hear some more information from the coalface, as it were. How did it affect you? How long did it last? Was it like any other virus you've had? Etc.

A woman was interviewed in Qld, who'd had it badly enough to require hospitalisation. After 100 days she was discharged but was not fully recovered, she said. She, as well as Boris and Prince Charles, report the effects as lingering.

There's a couple of posters on here who certainly have said they know someone with it, not sure if I've read any who had it themselves or not.

Oof. This really is a full-blown second wave now
Yup and worse than the first.

First wave the 3 highest new daily cases i n Vic were 111, 96 and 84 and highest daily community transmissions were 18, 13 and 11.

Second wave 3 highest are 190 something, 124 and 101 and highest community transmissions are 31, 31 and 26.

Just nuke us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back