Votes: 67 57.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is part 2 of this thread.

PART 3 IS HERE --- >
Go there for your Pangolin-rich experience /\

Victoria has officially confirmed there have been 191 new coronavirus cases in the past 24 hours.

Of those, 37 new cases are linked to outbreaks and 154 are under investigation.

No cases have been detected in a returned travellers in hotel quarantine.

• 438 cases may indicate community transmission
  • 772 cases are currently active in Victoria
  • 35 cases of coronavirus are in hospital, including nine in intensive care
  • 2028 people have recovered from the virus
  • Of the total cases, 2,469 cases are from metropolitan Melbourne, while 261 are from regional Victoria
  • Of the total cases, 1,481 are men and 1,319 are women
  • More than 979,000 tests have been processed to date

Of Victoria's new cases 37 new cases are linked to known outbreaks.

• 13 cases relating to the North Melbourne and Flemington public housing towers, with the total now 69.
  • 12 new cases linked to the Al-Taqwa College outbreak, with the total now 90.
  • 4 new cases have been linked to the Northern Hospital in Epping, with the total now 9. This is made up of 8 staff and 1 household contact.
  • 1 case linked to Aitken Hill Primary School in Craigieburn, with the total now 10. The case is a household contact of a confirmed case.
  • The remaining new cases are linked to existing family clusters in Truganina, Patterson Lakes/Lysterfield, Fawkner and Sunshine West.
A new case has also been confirmed in a staff member at the Assisi Aged Care facility in Rosanna.

The staff member did not work while infectious. Widespread testing of staff and residents at the facility will begin today.

What would the projections of how the numbers would look if we were to go into an immediate statewide lockdown?

Is it feasible to ask businesses to basically shut down again?
No real choice but to lock down the state now. Hopefully it will be Dans last act as either his party or the governor has to step in.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow the people at Bairnsdale must be excited at the prospect.

I don't think the thousands who tried to change their rego addresses (to avoid suburb specific lockdowns), or the numbers doing the border dash in recent days have helped this.

I'm a fan of localising bans, but if people are gunna keep ignoring them this unfortunately is inevitable

I don't think the thousands who tried to change their rego addresses (to avoid suburb specific lockdowns), or the numbers doing the border dash in recent days have helped this.

I'm a fan of localising bans, but if people are gunna keep ignoring them this unfortunately is inevitable

Yeah its sad that people seem to think they need to escape the lockdown, when quite possibly they are the reason we need one.

The thing is, if we have a limited number of cops, we can lock down a few areas more effectively than locking down the whole state.
Of course you could lock down the whole state and only have police presence in the actual hotspots, but that would serve to make those who live in places where there is no virus , not take it seriously.

I'd prefer it to be a case of, "Now there is Corona virus in your area, we are locking it down now, you will take the lock down seriously "

Last edited:
I'd prefer it to be a case of, "Now there is Corona virus in your area, we are locking it down now, you will take the lock down seriously "

This makes sense where there's some kind of hard boundary like comparing metro Melbourne to Mildura, or even Geelong. But artitrary postcode lines make no sense when the south side of a road is under restrictions and the north isn't. People won't take it seriously when they can look across the road at people having their mates around.

Given the numbers appear to be almost entirely in the metro area, I'd think they can just shut down the metro region, leaving most of regional Victoria as-is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This makes sense where there's some kind of hard boundary like comparing metro Melbourne to Mildura, or even Geelong. But artitrary postcode lines make no sense when the south side of a road is under restrictions and the north isn't. People won't take it seriously when they can look across the road at people having their mates around.

Given the numbers appear to be almost entirely in the metro area, I'd think they can just shut down the metro region, leaving most of regional Victoria as-is.

Like those at Wodonga can stare across the river.
No different.

The line needs to be somewhere.
It doesn't need to be at the Murray, though i would like to have some sort of zoned travel restrictions.

Non essential travel should remain limited to protect those areas that don't have it.

You'd also hope that those living close to lockdown suburbs would recognise that its pretty damn close, and they might get locked down themselves, and not have too many mates around.

Like those at Wodonga can stare across the river.
No different.

The line needs to be somewhere.
It doesn't need to be at the Murray, though i would like to have some sort of zoned travel restrictions.

Non essential travel should remain limited to protect those areas that don't have it.

You'd also hope that those living close to lockdown suburbs would recognise that its pretty damn close, and they might get locked down themselves, and not have too many mates around.

This. If you don't draw the line in the middle of the road, then where? Reality is someone is always gunna be pissed when they are on the edge and their neighbour isn't.

Its unavoidable

And agree people loopholing this s**t to death has only made this worse.

Read a study a week or two ago which suggested that the virus has mutated to something that is six times more infectious. Reading up on it, apparently it's called the D614G mutation and involves the spike proteins.

yeh read the same. Mentioned to a couple of people more knowledgeable than I and was scoffed at.
Is that what we possibly have here now?

As of 6th July 2020 Australia Coronavirus

Tests 2,759,165
Positive 8,586
Deaths 106
Average Age of Victims 82
Life expectancy in Australia 82

Probability of infection Percentage 0.31
Probability of death Percentage 0.0038

68 of the 106 deaths occurred in nursing homes/aged care facilities

38 Deaths across all Australia attributed to Covid19 for people not living in nursing homes/care facilities

Probability of death for those not living in nursing homes/care facilities - Percentage 0.0014

Is this lockdown just in Melbourne or across Victoria?

Does this mean pubs, cafes, restaurants etc all close again?

- 6 weeks

- Melbourne entirely, regional vic (i believe) Mitchell Shire only

- no allowance for holiday homes, must stay at primary residence

- fitness activities must be local, no allowance for melbourne metro exercising in country vic

- i believe cafes and restaurants return to takeaway only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back