Toast Round 11: Adelaide 38-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Polar opposite halves, but at least the positive half was the second one.

Frustrating early but at least we composed ourselves, starting taking it on a bit more and didn’t give Adelaide the chance to set up and wait for us to bomb it in.

We’ve been down, we got challenged, but we didn’t lay down. Yep, it’s Adelaide and they’re horrible, but we all know that could’ve gone a lot worse than it did.

Just happy to come away with a win and hopefully get back some reinforcement even though most of our bigger names are long term.

The positives:

Got the points, that was excellent. Crisp, Adams, Maynard really stood up as leaders this week. Pleasing to see Dunny and Broomy get through the game unscathed. Daicos and Noble continued a nice run of form. Madgen battled well, Sier had some nice moments and Cameron looked good for the most part. RUSCOE!

The less than positives:

Grundy another tough night, pressure was better but needs a rest. Wills, Thomas, Phillips.. same as usual. Sidebottom really needs to influence the game in a more convincing manner, considering his position at the club and the lack of talent available at the moment. Broomy probably shouldn't play next week. Mihocek did his best Chris Dawes impression at times tonight. Stephenson still not doing nearly enough.

Hope Roughy is alright.

Paying a lot of games in short period no Pendlebury, Trealoar, Moore, Howe, DeGoey, Elliot, Quaynor , 5 of best 8 I would think.

Crapy first half, Good second half. But it was the crows.

What has happened to stevo this season .. looks horribly out of form .

Hard game to watch but a win is a win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not really have a Pre-Season because of Glandular Fever

I missed the second half. Not due to rage-quitting, just that I was viewing the game on my phone and had other obligations here with a sick pregnant missus.

Can someone please describe what made the difference in the second half? Were there any particular position or tactic changes, or players who stepped up? Or just a case of the whole team feeling the wake up call...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was highly critical of team selection this week but it worked out in the end, so I guess its hats off to the selection committee - although Broomhead has the mother of all shockers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I missed the second half. Not due to rage-quitting, just that I was viewing the game on my phone and had other obligations here with a sick pregnant missus.

Can someone please describe what made the difference in the second half? Were there any particular position or tactic changes, or players who stepped up? Or just a case of the whole team feeling the wake up call...

Hope everything is okay.

We played fast and direct football. Kicked straighter.
Crisp and Adams were very good.

Always happy to see the boys him get the win, great that Dunny and Broomy got through.

The ball movement was more aggressive in the second half and our disposal looked to be a bit better. Why? Who can bloody say?!?!

Adelaide dropped their bundle in the second half as well, they helped us with some terrible disposal and goal kicking. They tired badly and sadly look like they won’t win a game for the year.

Huge sigh of relief for Bucks and the coaches with selection, tip of the hat that it paid off.

Saturday against the Dees will be a more stern test and will give us a real reading on where we are compared to tonight!

I think back to last year when Richmond were crippled by injuries early in the year. They debuted 4 players that in just their first few games were clearly better players than any of our bottom 6 when we're at full strength. Baker, Stack and Ross were their depth. Our depth is Sier, Keane and Broomhead.

They've seen much improvement in players like Bolton, Broad and Balta. Even Chol is coming along pretty well at the moment. Meanwhile look how players like Phillips, Thomas, Mayne and C.Brown have regressed for us. They're prepared to drop players like Stack and Pickett when they're down on form and blood some young talent, yet we continue gifting game after game to Phillips and Thomas.

Crisp is the most underrated player in the comp. I don't why people think he has a bad kick! People obviously don't pay close attention whenever Collingwood plays.
It was funny how the commentators mentioned his kicking, saying it usually was a weakness. The same commentators who say Sidebottom is a terrific kick weekly.

Not much to get excited about tonight, Cameron, Crisp and Maynard all positives.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back