Toast Round 11: Adelaide 38-62 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I can somewhat by into the notion of 3 games in 9 days having an effect on our performance. But let's take that further. It's 3 games in 9 days in 3 states. Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide. 2/3 from that run isn't too bad.

I don't think there has been another team to play three concurrent games in three different states.

I thought he was quite ok after half time. When he has no time and plays on instinct he was ok. When he had time to think, not so. That was a sign of relief when he kicked the goal

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Was his best game, won't sh1t on him because it was better than most others. But his lack of effort in some contests in shocking. I hope he builds, because when he's flying he is a good player for us.

Wills 20 disposals at 80% efficiency (yes mostly handballs but usually to better options as is his job) and 6 tackles. If that's his "usual" can't complain. Most overly criticised player on BF. It used to be that the average battlers got great support from Collingwood people. Those were the days.

Mate I'll support him cos he wears black and white, but I can't remember when we've had a plodder as a midfielder. Tony Shaw looks like a gazelle compared to Rupert. And before you say he's in because of injuries, he's been IN when we've had Adams, Pendles, Sidebottom, Elliot and others. He's a nice bloke, but his limitations far outweigh his positives.

I can somewhat by into the notion of 3 games in 9 days having an effect on our performance. But let's take that further. It's 3 games in 9 days in 3 states. Perth, Brisbane, Adelaide. 2/3 from that run isn't too bad.

I don't think there has been another team to play three concurrent games in three different states.
Well picked. I mentioned the 3 games in short time earlier but to do it with such big travel demands is extra taxing on the body.

Not pretty again but I'll take it.

We were as bad as we've been in the first half and I'd imagine the half time review / discussions down in the rooms wouldn't have been pleasant to behold.

Maybe we just hit rock bottom and the coaches just said "screw it - just have a crack and see what happens"?

Scoreboard says we were accurate but damn we had some pretty straightforward shots on goal that didn't even trouble the scorers.

At half time we would take the win, no doubt. So a big positive for the win
Well down on talent as we all know, but wow, do we have some poor ball users that kill any forward movement. You are kicking to a 20:80 contest because of horrific delivery, or we simply just give it back.
Stand Outs for me were Phillips ( who got a bit of it )
Mayne
Brown
Wills
Adams can be hit and miss

Lots of others too, just too many

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate I'll support him cos he wears black and white, but I can't remember when we've had a plodder as a midfielder. Tony Shaw looks like a gazelle compared to Rupert. And before you say he's in because of injuries, he's been IN when we've had Adams, Pendles, Sidebottom, Elliot and others. He's a nice bloke, but his limitations far outweigh his positives.
He is a battering ram and it often takes more than one to tackle him. So there us often a teammate nearby to take his HB. He did some good things tonight. But by his movements kicking is not natural for him.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No clangers?
View attachment 933150
The kicker for me is his influence. He doesn’t make great decisions with ball in hand, and can’t get clearances, which needs to be the bread and butter of a massive bloke like him. Sier might have had 4 less touches, but he had 5x the clearances and double the score involvements while only having one less tackle. I know which one I’d take every time.
And the clangers and score involvements for Adams? Sidebottom? Sier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back