Review Cats defeat Doggies by 11

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How was that roadrunner spin down the wing in the last?
It takes supreme confidence in your own ability and speed to take that on.
He turns deaf to the chaser's footsteps and pulls away.
Dicey. Thrilling.
Yes, that was glorious. He gathered the ball, looked, then shifted gear and good bye.
and his spoil/tackle in the last was crushing to the Dogs as well.

If you want a bit of a giggle, the Richmond Opposition Watch thread goes for over 12 pages for tonight's game.

Watching them go from adulation to anger is hilarious

Starts page 14 and ends on 27 or so

FMD.

What awful, dumb people they are. They make even Hawforn supporters look like Bertrand Russell in comparison.

A few years ago, one of the biggest weaknesses in the Cats was letting good sides get a big jump on them in the first quarter and not being able to reel it back. Tonight is another milestone that proves this squad is playing at a level we haven't seen probably since our premiership years. But, the Dog's are not a top 4 team, so the way they let the Cats shut them down would be disappointing for them. The real test will come in a few weeks against Richmond who plays a similar style to the Dogs. If we can do what we did tonight to the Tiges, that would really send a shiver of fear through the competition.

I was very critical of CS after last year's finals, but I have to eat my words. He has this team humming along beautifully. Well done to all the coaches.

It's a real shame Close missed that shot in the 3rd after getting Daniels HTB. Two VERY timely tackles - deserved at least 1 goal for his efforts.

Regardless, he did himself plenty of favours tonight. He may not rack up the stats, but he's generally very clean. A real one touch player.

whst he brings us exactly the sort of role you want performed from a bottom 4 player. Some big tackles and really apply pressure to your opposition. What is a problem is carrying someone in your bottom four like esava who brings virtually nothing to the table most weeks and hardly touches the ball.

you need role players in your bottom half who can play a key role and can’t afford passengers.

Thinking Danger may finish higher than we probably would predict - seems more likely to attract the attention of the umpires and is more of a known entity

Taking nothing away from Guthrie, but think he's going to do better attracting votes from the coaches

Just goes to show that umpires know nothing about footy ;)

When standing the mark for the kick-in, he has single-handledly defeated the purpose of the rule change which let the kicker play on in order to clear the D50; they can now never go anywhere but shorter and parallel to the end of the ground. And they have to do it in a hurry, too. :D

That's a thing of beauty. Love watching the opposition soil themselves as The Cannonball bears down on them

Is Tomahawk in trouble ? Check the Rohans 1st goal of the last quarter. Just before Rohan marks the ball, Gardiner falls over like a sack of potatoes, looks like a gut punch from the Hawk. What does everyone think?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

MRO says hits to the guts are okay. Hawkins was just pushing off with an open hand etc etc :p

My initial take was he just got bodied by Hawk and tried to milk a free

If you want a bit of a giggle, the Richmond Opposition Watch thread goes for over 12 pages for tonight's game.

Watching them go from adulation to anger is hilarious

Starts page 14 and ends on 27 or so
10 pages on the most uneducated mind numbing gibberish.

The least knowledgeable fan base on footy by far. Just full of deadshits

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I bloody love this club.
Sure there’s been lots of finals heartache over the years but the 30+ years I’ve been following this club we have always been competitive during the year and many great memories and adrenaline rushes.
Still got 3 flags, we are very very lucky fans.

10 pages on the most uneducated mind numbing gibberish.

The least knowledgeable fan base on footy by far. Just full of deadshits

I still remember warning people when Richmond were bad that if they ever won a flag they would be unbearable, yet would be a sight to see. I was just hoping it came much later in life haha.

To me they have the biggest supporter base, most fans and more passionate than anyone and I believe that was the case even prior to 2017.
They went through a lot of torture for many years, always the butt of jokes, we were a big culprit of that and our club generally felt sorry for them which is a massive insult.
Being a 2nd favourite side for other fans which they often were is not a compliment.
None of their behaviour is surprising.

Watching the replay.

Easton Wood went off with 5 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. Not exactly two down for most of the game. Will concede that he was a pretty big loss for them, was holding things together when we had the run of it in the 2nd.

Blitz was massive in making sure we had control of the play from qtr time onwards. Stewart also stepped up big time. Stuv probably provided as much or more than he ever has in the hoops, certainly didn't look out of place as he has in a few games this season.

I just went to check out the Doggies game day thread, and arent they just lovely.
First post before the game gives Danger a whack, and some richmonesque style posting while they are up (complete with some daft posts from an actual Richmond supporter who must have gotten lost). Lots of talk about Gardener like hes the next Matty Scarlett.
Good for a laugh if you're into slow motion train wrecks.

If we lost that top 4 would’ve been dependent on beating tigers. The will and hunger to win tonight knowing a crack at a premiership was almost on the line was the best part of the win. They want the cup! Great feeling & belief in the group not to accept defeat! Cats great chance this year.
This was the most exciting bit from the game

I haven’t seen this type of desperation and hunger in years...there’s a real drive in this group and dare I say it there will be some belief after a win like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back