Friday: WCE v Pies
Saturday Arvo: Saints v Dogs
Saturday Night: Lions v Tigers

TAB
Thursday: Port v Cats
Friday: Lions v Tigers
Saturday Arvo: Saints v Dogs
Saturday Night: WCE v Pies

I'd expect it to be the former, otherwise why would Saints v Dogs not be at the Gabba?

The vistors will be in a hotel - the same as every away final - it's only slightly different. The WCE players will be in home quarantine.

Teams have been quarantining in QLD all year while Brisbane / Gold Coast and Port have been sleeping in there own beds.

Brisbane basically haven't travelled all year. If you want to be upset at someone, chose them.
The finals are a non event which are being staged for one reason only $$$

The vistors will be in a hotel - the same as every away final - it's only slightly different. The WCE players will be in home quarantine.

Teams have been quarantining in QLD all year while Brisbane / Gold Coast and Port have been sleeping in there own beds.

Brisbane basically haven't travelled all year. If you want to be upset at someone, chose them.

‘it’s the old story. There would be less risk to west Australians if the visitors flew in under quarantine, played the next day then flew out. No doubt it happens in the mines

I’m making plenty of sense you just don’t want admit it.
Your argument is essentially that the rules shouldn't apply.

You: Why do WC get a home final?
Me: They finished higher so earned hosting rights. Those are the rules.
You: Nah but why?

Basically, you sound like an idiot who wants an unearned advantage that isn't in the rules.

St Kilda are the side that finished 6th so traditionally they get to decide on where the final is staged.
Except they don't - only the state. Victorian teams have been fixtured away from their home ground many times (just ask Cats supporters).

Sydney also had to play at ANZ, when their preference was SCG.

For the record, I agree the Saints should be able to chose where they play - as was reported a week ago.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not upset at any team, upset with AFL for playing a ridiculously unfair season instead of calling what it is which is a spectacle, nothing real about this season.

Am i missing something ? Why wouldn't wce host a final? No different to port in Adelaide and Brisbane in Brisbane
WA's strict border rules and quarantine policy. The only final they can host is the first week due to the pre-finals bye. Had they finished 4th, they wouldn't have been able to host one.

The rules allow for 11 home games too but you don’t seem to get that.
The only teams that got that many home games this year would be the QLD teams, SA teams got a good chunk of games at home, WCE didn't & if it wasn't for Vic being in lockdown a 2nd time you would have got more too.

AFL: Vic teams earning a home final will choose where they play

Also AFL: Vic teams will be made to play where we can make an extra $50k in ticket sales

The biggest surprise in this thread and in the media at large is that people are surprised the AFL will put commerce above integrity when selecting a finals venue. They do it every year with the fixture, including finals.

It’s also no coincidence that a club like the saints are being shafted, but I’ll not get on my high horse about how “smaller” clubs get consistently screwed over by the fixture.

The saints should get to choose where they play. To take that away from them to suit tv or to get a few thousand extra fans is pathetic, but what we’ve come to expect from a commercial entity masquerading as a sporting organisation.

Not upset at any team, upset with AFL for playing a ridiculously unfair season instead of calling what it is which is a spectacle, nothing real about this season.
Fair enough - but the 2 final teams that have had the biggest advantage this season is Brisbane... daylight.... Then Port.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back