List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sentiments exactly. Fritsch is a bloody good half forward who actually kicks goals and Gus Brayshaw a hard running accumulator. Two ready made senior players with a good 8 years to offer.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
You couldn't play Gus in our current side though, would need to let go of Dumont or similar.
Fritsch i wouldn't mind, we don't really have anyone playing the role he does, Maybe Scott, but still rather different.

Higgins + 25 for 16 (Geelong)
Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)
Rd 2 2021 + Rd 3 2021 for Pick 12 (Pies - will need points for Nick Daicos)

Picks 2, 9, 12, 14, 16, 27

If you can't rebuild a team with that, fold the joint.

Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)

That would be amazing

Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)

You still have our 3rd and 4th round picks this year to sweeten deals as I can't see us taking more than 6 picks. The Pies will need points this year for their NGA pick.

Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)

Particularly the last Trade is exactly what we should be doing this and next draft. Loading up on points to help clubs that have NGA/FS players going before their picks.

God we'd be set if we had 6 picks inside the first 2 rounds. We wouldnt even have to use our later picks for playes and we're going to smash the delisted free agent list.

Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)

You want a second rounder for Brown as well, pick 14 alone is not enough compo IMO.
Not a single player taken at pick 14 in the last 10 years would i take over Brown.

God we'd be set if we had 6 picks inside the first 2 rounds. We wouldnt even have to use our later picks for playes and we're going to smash the delisted free agent list.
I would agree if this was any other year.. seems as though everything outside the top 2 is speculative, if those dog afl owned crows end up with pick 2.. it ****ed us HARD! But anyway.. we soldier on

Pick 14 is worth 1160 points.

To break this up it is basically equal to pick 25 (750 points) and pick 40 (430 points).

At face value it looks like we are getting bent over for both players.

However remember if Higgo was an FA then we would get zero given his age (like Carlton got zero when W80 came to us.)

If we are truly saying to Higgo we are happy for him to go as we misled him last year is signing with us (re our push to play finals) then in reality we are making him a FA after the fact.

Of course he is signed for another year but how hard ball can we be with a guy we mislead?

As others have said the Saints probably need to sweeten this it a little - a swap of picks this year or next year will do it.

Pick 14 gives us 4 picks inside 25 so we are getting well on our way here even this was to be the final agreed position.
Mislead?
No deception occurred. Pandemic and injuries and hublife lead to a change of course. You sign on for good money to be optimised by the club in whatever way the club sees fit that is best for the club over the player. It was always thus...

I enjoy well-thought out scenarios such as yours but it seems that Brown's value will rise and fall like any asset depending on many factors. What happens in the finals will be one important one. Long, long way to go.

Might be interest from WC depending on what happens. His weaknesses would barely exist with their delivery and spacing. Nothing to do but wait and see

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres a lot of close your eyes and swing at the ball in this years draft.. worst *in year to trade for picks IMO.. Take the year as it is, keep higgins, he walks next year, so be it.. And he’ll be offered another contract if he sticks around too.. so will goldy. You dont toss out your leadership and feel pity them. Grow a pair of *in kahunas

Theres a lot of close your eyes and swing at the ball in this years draft.. worst fu**in year to trade for picks IMO.. Take the year as it is, keep higgins, he walks next year, so be it.. And he’ll be offered another contract if he sticks around too.. so will goldy. You dont toss out your leadership and feel pity them. Grow a pair of fu**in kahunas
Trade for future picks then?

There will be quality throughout this draft just like any other.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Trade for future picks then?

There will be quality throughout this draft just like any other.

The kids havent played footy all year.. they’ll be on the park next year.. so maybe.. doesnt sit right with me getting rid of higgins for a second round pick.. seems worthless

What we need at our club is a leader who has won flags ala Hodge at Brisbane.. thats exactly what this club needs

if we had a hodge type leader, do honestly believe polec would behave that way? Leadership is a mess at the club, someone needs to take the reigns on field.. Jack missed a lot of games, but he should have decked polec in the rooms

My understanding, purely based on what i've heard, is that teh club has told Higgo that he is unlikely to be part of their plans beyond this contract. That is a big part of the reason they are open to him finding a new home if he can get a two year deal.

What we need at our club is a leader who has won flags ala Hodge at Brisbane.. thats exactly what this club needs
Yeah that's why I've been pushing hard for Heath Shaw. Reckon he'd be able to do it for us for a year then maybe move into coaching. Obvious family connection but has come from successful teams.

My understanding, purely based on what i've heard, is that teh club has told Higgo that he is unlikely to be part of their plans beyond this contract. That is a big part of the reason they are open to him finding a new home if he can get a two year deal.
Yeah that's the current story from what I've heard

Yeah that's why I've been pushing hard for Heath Shaw. Reckon he'd be able to do it for us for a year then maybe move into coaching. Obvious family connection but has come from successful teams.
I thought you were joking? Heater isnt a leader.. he’s a larrikin. Clowns arent leaders

Brown for 14 (St.Kilda)
Polec for 27 (Dees)

The picks for Higgins, Brown and Polec would be ideal and fair imo as academy and compo picks will most likely push 14 to 19, 16 to 21 and 27 to 35 (more or less). Also dependant on how much of Higgins' and Polec's salary we cover.

But the trade with the Pies and loading up on this draft is absolutely horrendous! This would not only mean we go into the "strong" 2021 draft with picks 1 or 2, 56, 74, but we take our strongest hand ever into the most unknown draft where the Vic kids have essentially no 18th year form!!

If anything, we need to more 2 picks into next year than this year. Trade Brown and Polec for future picks ideally.

So go into this draft with ≈ 2, 9, 16, 57, 65
And go into the 2021 draft with ≈ 1, 14 (STK F1), 20, 27(MELB F2), 38

The kids havent played footy all year.. they’ll be on the park next year.. so maybe.. doesnt sit right with me getting rid of higgins for a second round pick.. seems worthless
I know that, but there will be a roughly equal distribution of talent as every draft has but probably more scattered over the first 4 rounds. Good draft to have plenty of speculative picks between 30-50 imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back