Should Richmond play Week 2 at Adelaide Oval

Should Richmond Play their Week 2 Final at AO

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If they had the choice it wouldn't be the worst idea. Given theres no difference between losing in a PF or losing in the SF, you may as well give yourself the best shot to win the PF which is the one that matters to get you to the GF and we know that's at AO. If you lose you lose, but winning means the travel and quarantine is already done for the next week. AO is just as nuetral as playing the Saints/Dogs in QLD so there's nothing to lose there but there is a potential gain.
No quarantine for Adelaide, that’s only Perth.

Don't think it's the stupidest question ever asked. One SF team could benefit. On the other hand it allows Port to attend the game and see first-hand what is going on.

Thought we were a little bit off tonight, whether due to Brisbane's planning and execution or the humidity or something else.

Not naming names but the arrogance that is permeating from Richmond fans is astounding... Real sentiment that a prelim final against Port is a fait accompli.

If that attitude extends to the players/coaches, a very hungry Dogs or Saints sides is going to pants them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean, it would make sense if the prelim is gonna be played in Adelaide. But fixturing shouldn't benefit a specific club. I actually feel the SF should reward the winner of the EF and be played and their home anyway.

Don't think it's the stupidest question ever asked. One SF team could benefit. On the other hand it allows Port to attend the game and see first-hand what is going on.

Thought we were a little bit off tonight, whether due to Brisbane's planning and execution or the humidity or something else.

I thought the critical time was when you really pressed them in the second and looked like stomping them, they weather it and hit back with three late goals and it seemed to take the wind out of some of your players. Credit to Brisbane though, you didn't play poorly.

1st and 2nd win their qualifying finals in competitive home games shock.

I mean, it would make sense if the prelim is gonna be played in Adelaide. But fixturing shouldn't benefit a specific club. I actually feel the SF should reward the winner of the EF and be played and their home anyway.
2 home finals for a team that finishes 5th or 6th should they win week 1 is completely unfair on the team finishing in the top 4.
Ridiculous suggestion.
But you do barrack for West Coast and it’s not surprising you want more games at home as you are rubbish elsewhere.

Not naming names but the arrogance that is permeating from Richmond fans is astounding... Real sentiment that a prelim final against Port is a fait accompli.

If that attitude extends to the players/coaches, a very hungry Dogs or Saints sides is going to pants them.

It's the same attitude as when they saw the preliminary final against Collingwood as a fait accompli.

It may also be 'smart' for St Kilda or the Bulldogs to play at Adelaide Oval as 'practice'. There's no guarantees Richmond will go through
To be honest though, if we’re not beating St Kilda/Bulldogs at AO then what’s the chance we beat Port Adelaide there? It’s kinda not a stupid idea. Risky as it increases the possibility of a straight sets exit but I see the benefits.

The PF will be at AO, unless I have missed something?

But the Gabba hosts the GF. Won't you want more practice there? Or are you conceding and settling for 2nd best?
This is the other logical option, but Hardwick says they will play at Metricon. I would have thought you'd choose the Gabba, we just played there, we know the GF will be played there so that's where teams are going to have to win if we made it.

Unless the AFL wanted Metricon to spread the finals in QLD market?

But the Gabba hosts the GF. Won't you want more practice there? Or are you conceding and settling for 2nd best?
It’s more about giving ourselves the best chance of making the Grand Final. We’re not giving away HGA against St Kilda/Bulldogs by moving it to Adelaide Oval. By moving it to AO, the winner of the SF would be much better placed to beat Port Adelaide IMO than if they were to fly in on PF week.

I am behind this idea and I think it’s beneficial for both Richmond and our SF opponent should they beat us.

Back