Toast #BringBackTheBars - Our Heritage, Our History, Our Right! Part 1

Assuming there were no obstacles, would you prefer the PB/Pylon guernsey to be our home colours?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in 'nods head'. Should also go here. Would have been hard to imagine an article on the PBs front page of the ABC website from a Melb IP address a couple of years ago. Well done to everyone who has enabled that to happen.

"Personally? Football, like sport in general, is too quick to shed its history.

Allowing Port to wear their famous guernsey every week would bring one of the most powerful symbols of the game's heritage to a national audience."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...-adelaide-prison-bar-jersey-richmond/12758362

I posted this in 'nods head'. Should also go here. Would have been hard to imagine an article on the PBs front page of the ABC website from a Melb IP address a couple of years ago. Well done to everyone who has enabled that to happen.

"Personally? Football, like sport in general, is too quick to shed its history.

Allowing Port to wear their famous guernsey every week would bring one of the most powerful symbols of the game's heritage to a national audience."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...-adelaide-prison-bar-jersey-richmond/12758362
Was just coming in to post exactly the same quote from the same article.

Won't be long before it's a yearly showdown thing.

Was just coming in to post exactly the same quote from the same article.

Won't be long before it's a yearly showdown thing.
As long it's both Showdown's further games are inevitable down the track. Just ours and whilst an obvious improvement, becomes so much harder to shift to more.

As long it's both Showdown's further games are inevitable down the track. Just ours and whilst an obvious improvement, becomes so much harder to shift to more.

Nah if we get one home showdown then ANZAC day should be the next fight and would be a very compelling case< especially if we can get the RSL on board.

The man who photographs Presidents, Prime Ministers, musicians, sports stars, celebrities etc likes to do it wearing the Bars.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here, have all the likes
Your lot in the bars and us in our threepeat winning jumper would be the GOAT GF jumper matchup. Not fussed on who wears home shorts and who gets put in the white shorts.

They are not prison bars they are the 6 wharves of the port of Adelaide it is a aerial view of them.So it makes absolute complete sense why P.A.F.C put them on there jumper because those 6 wharves when you think about it ultimately built our city from construction material medicine coal and of course all types of ppl looking to start a life in the beautiful Adelaide.And on that note that is thus the reason for the establishment of a club in 1870.because all the wharf workers and there families were all based in or around so typical gentleman in those days needed somewhere to blow of some steam and of course get away from the family lol stop 🛑 telling ppl it’s because we are thugs and that they are prison bars that is just a nickname that has grown legs and feared opponents to there bones.We have had a lot of ppl who have been in or out of jail but who hasn’t had someone in there family gone to prison before 🧐and in those old times a lot of ppl have been to prison it was pretty normal especially working in the ship yards we as port ppl need to understand this because I have so much love and passion for this club and all history that I cannot sit back and see this happen without saying something.They are wharves not prison bars 🤦‍♂️
So a message to all supporters please be more invested in our history.Its our duty as a member as I’m to tell ppl the truth about our history and importance to the rise of the city of Adelaide and the Competitive hard tuff nature of the S.A.N.F.L.Because there always needs to be a powerful villain that everyone wants to beat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

d0f5cd25387b3086ca350ec189611894.jpg

Ebert spoke about them being wharf pylons on Open Mic last night, well worth a look if you can get your hands on it.

He also spoke about the opposition calling them Prison Bars and added “we roll with both” and wearing it at a badge of honour.

If it’s good enough for Herb, it’s good enough for me.

They are not prison bars they are the 6 wharves of the port of Adelaide it is a aerial view of them.So it makes absolute complete sense why P.A.F.C put them on there jumper because those 6 wharves when you think about it ultimately built our city from construction material medicine coal and of course all types of ppl looking to start a life in the beautiful Adelaide.And on that note that is thus the reason for the establishment of a club in 1870.because all the wharf workers and there families were all based in or around so typical gentleman in those days needed somewhere to blow of some steam and of course get away from the family lol stop 🛑 telling ppl it’s because we are thugs and that they are prison bars that is just a nickname that has grown legs and feared opponents to there bones.We have had a lot of ppl who have been in or out of jail but who hasn’t had someone in there family gone to prison before 🧐and in those old times a lot of ppl have been to prison it was pretty normal especially working in the ship yards we as port ppl need to understand this because I have so much love and passion for this club and all history that I cannot sit back and see this happen without saying something.They are wharves not prison bars 🤦‍♂️
So a message to all supporters please be more invested in our history.Its our duty as a member as I’m to tell ppl the truth about our history and importance to the rise of the city of Adelaide and the Competitive hard tuff nature of the S.A.N.F.L.Because there always needs to be a powerful villain that everyone wants to beat

Thought this was an Alyx spoof at first

They are not prison bars they are the 6 wharves of the port of Adelaide it is a aerial view of them.So it makes absolute complete sense why P.A.F.C put them on there jumper because those 6 wharves when you think about it ultimately built our city from construction material medicine coal and of course all types of ppl looking to start a life in the beautiful Adelaide.And on that note that is thus the reason for the establishment of a club in 1870.because all the wharf workers and there families were all based in or around so typical gentleman in those days needed somewhere to blow of some steam and of course get away from the family lol stop telling ppl it’s because we are thugs and that they are prison bars that is just a nickname that has grown legs and feared opponents to there bones.We have had a lot of ppl who have been in or out of jail but who hasn’t had someone in there family gone to prison before and in those old times a lot of ppl have been to prison it was pretty normal especially working in the ship yards we as port ppl need to understand this because I have so much love and passion for this club and all history that I cannot sit back and see this happen without saying something.They are wharves not prison bars

Jenny is that you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back