List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one person hoping the Dogs miss out o JUH, and that is Josh Bruce.

I don’t think there’s any chance that the Dogs miss out on him. It’s just about how much he will cost them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please No to Hogan - injuries, off-field behaviour

Jesse Hogan is officially on the trade table, with Fremantle telling rival clubs that they are open to offloading the contracted key forward next month.
And the Dockers are also prepared to part with midfielder Connor Blakely despite the midfielder having two years to run on his existing deal.

No to both, but especially Blakely. Hogan has had some off field issues, but I've never heard him referred to as a bad teammate. Whereas I've heard that quite a bit about Blakely.

If we did go in for Hogan then hopefully we could clean him up but he clearly doesn't want to go to a rugby league state.

Just to expand a bit on how relatively likely we are to get each of those.

McDonald won’t be there at our pick. If he doesn’t go pick 1 to Adelaide North will grab him for sure. I think we’re most likely to take Thilthorpe, he seems roughly similar to Jackson from last year who the Swans were keen on.

DGB is a good choice as well, although defence is probably our strongest area, he proved last week that he has versatility when he went forward for a half and kicked 2 goals.

I’m personally hoping for Hollands and if not Phillips, although there seems to be a bit of discrepancy in how Phillips is rated. Knightmare has him as the best mid in the draft and comparable to Rowell and Anderson but Twomey has him rated at 9. I think the only chance of us getting Hollands is if Adelaide take Thilthorpe with pick 1 as he’s a SA boy, and North take McDonald. Although it doesn’t seem that likely I’ve seen a few people in the media say they expect it will happen so who knows.

Who they take may depend on what happens before the draft, if they do pick up Paddy McCartin they would be more likely to grab a mid. Although Dalrymple has said a few times that he will always take the best available regardless of needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair analysis.

If one of crows or NM decide they want to play silly buggers and bid on Campbell, a strong part of me wants us to pass.

If it leaves McDonald and/or Hollands on the table, would be worth doing.

Would we do it? Honestly no idea

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see the club being really desperate to sign another established key forward during this trade period. I think it would be more likely next season or the year after.

Though I suppose we would be alert to opportunities if someone became available.

elijah taylor for hogan ?

or is that just silly ?
If Freo are letting go of Hogan because of professionalism question marks, they aren't signing someone who's pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges.

I wonder if we don't want a forward is because the club still sees Tom McCartin as a forward despite being the 2nd best backman we had behind Rampe

Fair analysis.

If one of crows or NM decide they want to play silly buggers and bid on Campbell, a strong part of me wants us to pass.

If it leaves McDonald and/or Hollands on the table, would be worth doing.

Would we do it? Honestly no idea
Don't think Crows or Norf will do that on 1 or 2. Quality talls are hard to come by so I think that's what they'll bid on. Someone else like Blues at 7 might bid a bit early but I think Ugle-Hagen is more likely to draw an early bid and Dogs will match. Perhaps even DGB.

Tom McCartin is still 20. So I don't think the club will lock him into one position.

I think if Brand is fit next season. He will be selected as the bigger KPD in our defence.

So much on Hogan depends on what we'd have to give up in a trade. I wouldn't want to spend a Top 30 pick on him even if the due dilligence shows he's ready to go.
The guy has failed at two clubs for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back