Prediction Future Free Agency Targets [aka the Petracca, Toby Greene & Thomas Green discussion]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without knowing the full backstory and in the absence of an alternative prospect to replace Jumping Jack I think Jesse Hogan on a 2-3 contract if we could find a spot on the list is interesting. First year would just be getting him right in all respects and maybe a game or two to rest Jack and see if Jesse has got it in him to be successful 🤔

Pies board has officially gone full Carlton

a796b9e99c4bbbe88b071e2e7013875d

edit: this deluded idiot is still taking credit for our flags :p https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...er-amid-richmond-dynasty-20201025-p568cn.html
I read that the other day 😂
Although I did agree with some of his points especially regarding Collingwood needing a group to challenge Eddie in a similar way except due to eddies influence in the media it’s not possible

God what a weekend! but enough of flags and that sh*t, lets talk the real stuff and revel in trades lel.

Pickett is going to stay and that is huge, I was convinced he was gone due to family but to sacrifice the paycheck and the lure of playing close to his family and staying with the tigers just proves what a great club we are and what a awesome person he is.

A lot of Hogan noise. Left my phone in the car yesterday so i could recover and this morning turned it on and so much noise. My mate comes back to melbourne tomorrow and I will meet up with him and get what he knows so ill share that when I do.

I believe like I said in my last post we will now focus on the draft. I knew GCS had not cooled on Broad and i still think that may happen but in saying that, with the love the players have for the club and Hardwick it would not surprise me now if he stayed, ditto Markov.

Higgins is being shopped, that I got confirmed Friday as there is real interest in him and as a forward he is behind a few and as a midfielder, again he is behind a few. We wont give him a way for chips though and a high second rounder or player trade would the only reason to let him go. He is open to being traded.

Also I mentioned way back about a midfielder of quality like Oliver, crouch etc. I also mentioned about the pies issues with Treloar and now that's broken and its a mess, a glorious mess. Dont hold your breath but I would not be surprised if we pull a rabbit from our hat re a midfielder. As soon as i get more info on that I will share but just how funny would it be if we got Adam and the pies were paying for him to play for us ? hahaha, one can dream :)
It would be hilarious, but why do poos all of a sudden not want him?

I read that the other day 😂
Although I did agree with some of his points especially regarding Collingwood needing a group to challenge Eddie in a similar way except due to eddies influence in the media it’s not possible

So does that mean Eddie is "locked in"?.....sorry I'll show myself out.....🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would be hilarious, but why do poos all of a sudden not want him?
Layoffs at Channel 9 means the girlfriend hasn't got her cushy $500k a year 2 days a week PA to Eddie any more

Couldn't agree more.

Geelong is the oldest ever AFL team. Their team has a very old core that are at retirement age. Injuries, slow down etc are coming in a tidal wave.

Reckon if they had future pick swaps the Cats would be a decent club to go for. AT some point in the next few year I reckon they will have a top 5 pick. The key issue I see is that they are still playing a style from 5 years ago and the speed pressure game that the Tigers, Port, Saints etc are now playing will get them. The older they are the more likely that style will get them.

Not saying they can't win a premiership, they are a chance. But it's a small chance and they are headed for that squad with a huge hole in it that was had after Spud was coach.
Looking more and more like norff every day...

So update.

Nank - re-signed 3 years 🥳
RCD - re-signed 2 years 🥳

Still un-contracted

Houli - highly likely to re-sign
Broad - really want him to re-sign but has interest from mainly GC 50/50
Markov - ditto 👆
Turner
Miller
Garthwaite
English

Rookies
Pickett - highly likely to re-sign for 2 years
Aarts- highly likely to re-sign
Egg - highly likely to be delisted

Contracted players talked about

Higgins - contracted to 2021

Without knowing the full backstory and in the absence of an alternative prospect to replace Jumping Jack I think Jesse Hogan on a 2-3 contract if we could find a spot on the list is interesting. First year would just be getting him right in all respects and maybe a game or two to rest Jack and see if Jesse has got it in him to be successful 🤔

If he takes a small contract there is essentially nothing to lose..

So update.

Still un-contracted

Markov - ditto 👆
Turner
Miller
Garthwaite
English

Rookies

Turner looks quality

Could be an option to compete with Pickett on a wing or take over houli spot?

Hope he stays. Very bottom age too iirc.

Edit - youngest in draft class. Currently 19, 10 months

Last edited:
So update.

Still un-contracted

Markov - ditto 👆
Turner
Miller
Garthwaite
English

Rookies

Jeez, the lack of demand from other clubs for Egg is weird. Managed to poll a few Brownlow votes this year.

He hasn’t actually done anything bad has he? I think it’s just mental/alcohol/drug issues. Pickett has done worse than Hogan and worked out fine. It’s just down to whether or not we think he can fix his mental health problems

You don’t tend to fix mental health problems you manage them. Usually with lots of drugs, which don’t lend themselves to top flight athletic performance.

I can’t see it working out and hope we don’t go near him. He’s got a pretty big rap sheet during his time in WA and allegedly most of his Melbourne indiscretions were covered up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back