List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Demons are unable to prise Smith, North Melbourne’s Jared Polec will be a consideration but his big salary is a significant hurdle to any trade deal.
We should do a bundle deal and pay 30-50% of Polec's contract.

We may as well fold if we willingly go in seeking a single 2nd rounder in trade for a bloke who was top 3 in the Coleman 3 yrs running and only lost one of them because Richmond went out of their way to make sure Riewoldt got over the line.
It’s already laughable that there is talk we are happy to take a shitty 2nd or 3rd round pick for a guy who has been one of the elite forwards of the competition, when clubs are asking for first round picks for kids who haven’t even racked up 50 games. * me there was even an article stating that Pruess and McDonald could net Melbourne a first round pick.

It’s already laughable that there is talk we are happy to take a shitty 2nd or 3rd round pick for a guy who has been one of the elite forwards of the competition, when clubs are asking for first round picks for kids who haven’t even racked up 50 games. fu** me there was even an article stating that Pruess and McDonald could net Melbourne a first round pick.
That was posted above by GR.

In what universe are Pruess and McDonald worth more than Brown?

If for example, the GoDees offered Pruess and McDonald as a trade for Ben Brown, I'd hope we would slam the door in their face. Half the blokes we dumped are worth more than these two combined.

I’m holding onto the hope that this second round pick business for Brown is purely media speculation.

So far we have barely heard a peep out of the club in regards to off-season moves so hopefully Rawlings is playing his cards close to his chest with this one as well and is aiming for something a little tastier in exchange for Brown.

How Dees plan to pull off double trade heist
- Jay Clark

Melbourne will attempt to pull-off a double-play for Ben Brown and Isaac Smith in the trade period to help significantly bolster its scoring power for next season.

The Demons are strong contenders for full forward Brown and wingman Smith but will strongly consider moving on swingman Tom McDonald and back-up ruckman Braydon Preuss.

Smith, 31, is torn between staying at the Hawks on a two-year deal where he would finish as a one-club premiership hero, or accepting a three-year contract to add some speed and polish on a wing at Melbourne.

Geelong is also in the mix for Smith.

The Demons want Brown, 27, and could yet become the only club to make a meaningful bid for the goal kicker on the back of a poor year hampered by a season-ending knee injury.

Essendon is also considering making a play but has not banged down the door for Brown.

If Melbourne wins Brown’s signature, the club plans to play the goal kicker and Weideman in the same forward line, while the versatile Luke Jackson would support Max Gawn in the ruck.

Weideman, 23, had an excellent year in attack for Melbourne but could have done with some aerial support late in the season as the Dees narrowly missed the finals.

The Demons could offer a second or future second-round pick for Brown, while Smith would come for nothing as an unrestricted free agent.

Smith still feels a strong emotional attachment to Hawthorn where he has won three premierships and has taken time making up his mind.

Brown’s arrival at Melbourne would most likely end McDonald’s time under Simon Goodwin as Brown would take his spot in the forward line.

McDonald, 28, has struggled with form over the past two seasons and lost his spot in Melbourne’s senior side in Round 13 this year.

The swingman has emerged as a replacement option for Jeremy Cameron at Greater Western Sydney if the Coleman Medalist, as expected, makes a move to Geelong.

As the Herald Sun revealed on Monday, the Giants are also considering Fremantle’s Jesse Hogan.

The Demons could package up Preuss and McDonald in the same trade deal with the Giants in a move that could net the Demons a first-round pick for the pair from GWS.

GWS want multiple first-round picks from the Cats for Cameron but Geelong remains reluctant to give them up.

It is understood there had been little ground made on a Cameron deal between the Cats and Giants as of Wednesday.

The Giants are also set to receive a first-round free agency compensation pick for Zac Williams who has chosen to continue his career at Carlton.

If the Demons are unable to prise Smith, North Melbourne’s Jared Polec will be a consideration but his big salary is a significant hurdle to any trade deal.

Melbourne is also excited about developing wingman Oskar Baker who could command a regular senior spot in the midfield on the opposite wing to Ed Langdon next year.

The Demons have rejected all inquiries into Angus Brayshaw and Clayton Oliver.
The Demons could package up Preuss and McDonald in the same trade deal with the Giants in a move that could net the Demons a first-round pick for the pair from GWS.

So two unwanted players on good money will get a 1st. Are 1st rounder the value of 5th rounder this year.

Where do they come up with this rubbish.

How Dees plan to pull off double trade heist

The Demons could package up Preuss and McDonald in the same trade deal with the Giants in a move that could net the Demons a first-round pick for the pair D

Oh FMD Pruess and McDonald worth a first

Oh than I saw the name Buckenara and rolled around on the floor laughing my f*cken arse off

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m holding onto the hope that this second round pick business for Brown is purely media speculation.

So far we have barely heard a peep out of the club in regards to off-season moves so hopefully Rawlings is playing his cards close to his chest with this one as well and is aiming for something a little tastier in exchange for Brown.

He bloody well should be.

I think what is annoying people is this weird media narrative where the consensus seems to be an embarrassingly low return for a forward that kicked 60+ for 3 consecutive years and has had a single poor season.

I know we like to bang on about how he kicked the most goals for 3 years in a row and there are people on here that (rightfully) say that we now need to take this year into account. So let's do that shall we?

Here's a list of the 'best' key fwds in the comp since 2017 (because we are including this year as well)

HawkinsDixonDaniher (lol)Lynch (Rich)KennedyRiewoldtJ. CameronBrown
TOTAL:216 (#1)122 (#7)83 (#8)159 (#6)195 (#3)181 (#5)191 (#4)196 (#2)

Wait hang on..... That can't be right... Brown has had THE WORST SEASON A KEY FORWARD CAN EVER HAVE EVER IS s**t AND WILL ALWAYS BE s**t FROM HERE ON IN AND THEREFORE IS WORTH NOTHING, yet only Hawkins has kicked more goals than him in the last 3 (PLUS 2020) seasons :drunk:

These stats ALSO include goals kicked in finals in their tally. Last time I checked we haven't played finals since 2016, and all of the other players listed here have played in finals. Some of them multiple years. Which just makes Browns tally even more impressive.

So yeah the media are a bunch of knuckle-dragging mongoloids and anybody thinking Brown is only worth a late second round pick is ******* kidding themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kids in the US go to college after high school ... and usually finish high school later than us by a year? Is that right? If so that four or five years older after living out of home in a stable environment.

If not a year younger, either way early twenties when they are drafted.
depends if they decide to play college sport or not. That is just 1 path. That in itself is a massive industry where student athletes get paid nothing but coaches in the 10s of millions and generates ridiculous amounts of revenue for the colleges. And really comes down to the individual and what they are looking to achieve and its really different depending on sport. Most of the Ivy League schools for example don't offer baseball scholarships, but they do offer academic scholarships so If your a a top baseballer and smart, you can get into a top tier university, but not necessarily one with the best baseball program. Eg, friend of ours kid got an ATAR of 96, was offered a sholarship at Harvard, but turned it down as its a div 2 baseball school, but accepted a scholarship and another very good university which is both an Ivy league school and Div 1 NCAA school.......didn't end up even starting school, got signed my a Major League team for 1m USD (peanuts for MLB) up front at 18, played out in the farm system and is back in Australia for the ABL season now. Those sorts of contracts are 2 bob a dozen in MLB look great up front but odds of making it are still very slim. Another kid we know ended up playing college ball, terrible grades at school, ended up with a scholarship in a community college in Montana, again two bob a dozen over there, lasted a year and came back, point is go to school to get an education not to play sport, cause the qualifications from a lot of those schools doens't count for much. My youngest kid hoping to follow a similar path, BUT, my advice to him is work hard at school, get good grades and try using baseball to try to get a scholarship at a top school, get a good degree, and if your good enough then try getting drafted to the MLB. Will see.

North: Constable + 34
Geelong: Higgins

North: Melbourne 2021 1st
Melbourne: Brown (i refuse to accept low given all this Saad and daniher s**t. Melbourne will prob like their chances finishing higher up so would expect it to be a pick in the teens anyway).

North: 6, 7, 8, 18 (* receive from Geelong) - You have to cough up if you want McDonald
Eseendon: 2, 9

North: 11
Geelong: Goldstein (I know I know. But Goldie isn't really a leader, isn't going to be around for our next flag and we can put Campbell to work in his final year while Xerri develops).

Draft: 6, 7, 8, 11, 18, 25, 34, 57, 65, 75, 93, 111

6 picks inside 25. We'll look like a franchise up there sucking up all the talent.

I would be absolutely wrapped with Constable. That's post Cunnington sorted. A big bodied mid feeding it out to LDU and Jy for the next 10 years :cool:

If the Dees are getting Brown for their second rounder id hope we are also asking for their second next year in exchange for our third to try and sweeten the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back