List Mgmt. Player List Management 2020-21

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs will be permitted to select just one player in December’s National Draft, down from three.

The rule change was communicated to clubs on Thursday, foxfooty.com.au understands.

It relates to expected list cuts, which are due to be made official in the coming days.

Clubs will also be allowed to take in more draft picks than they have list spots as well this year.

In previous years, AFL clubs were capped on the amount of selections they could take into the draft, based on available list spots.
*Geelong excitedly trade away some more draft picks to the closest retirement village.

Is it possible to trade in Fantasia, draft Jones, Schofield, a KPF and fwd/ruck while also keeping Patmore and Frederick?
Yep. We are allowed 36 to 38, + 2-4 rookies + 2 cat Bs for a maximum of 44.

We have 35 + 3 + 1. We can add 3 main list (Jones, Schofield, +1 ND and 1x Rookie to take us to 38 + 4 + 1.

I have a feeling Schofield may slip to the RD, and we will end up with a couple of picks in the 50s post a Jones bid, so a KPF like Callow from Tas and maybe a DFA (fingers crossed for Constable from Geel to bolster the mids) would be feasible as well.

Considering their entitled to Jones and Schofield, the club doesn't seem to show as much interest as I'd expect.

Was suggested elsewhere they haven't even met Jones lately?
Its just spin and bullshit telling them to keep things quiet in the media.

The head coach doesn't say we are adding Jones and Schofield to our list at the B&F if the club haven't spent a lot of time talking to them behind close doors. Jones spent time during the preseason training with us and Schofield probably would have, if he wasn't injured.

List Changes

Port Adelaide has made the following list changes ahead of the 2021 AFL Premiership Season.

In

Aliir Aliir (trd)
Orazio Fantasia (trd)

Out

Joe Atley (del)
Wylie Buzza (del)
Tobin Cox (del)
Brad Ebert (ret)
Riley Grundy (del)
Cam Sutcliffe (del)
Jack Watts (ret)

Justin Westhoff (ret)

List Changes

Port Adelaide has made the following list changes ahead of the 2021 AFL Premiership Season.

In

Aliir Aliir (trd)
Orazio Fantasia (trd)

Out

Joe Atley (del)
Wylie Buzza (del)
Tobin Cox (del)
Brad Ebert (ret)
Riley Grundy (del)
Cam Sutcliffe (del)
Jack Watts (ret)

Justin Westhoff (ret)

So net 6 reduction.

If lists reduce by 3 (2 main + 1 rookie) then we would only draft 3.

Jones, Schofield and 1 other.

Yep. We are allowed 36 to 38, + 2-4 rookies + 2 cat Bs for a maximum of 44.

We have 35 + 3 + 1. We can add 3 main list (Jones, Schofield, +1 ND and 1x Rookie to take us to 38 + 4 + 1.

I have a feeling Schofield may slip to the RD, and we will end up with a couple of picks in the 50s post a Jones bid, so a KPF like Callow from Tas and maybe a DFA (fingers crossed for Constable from Geel to bolster the mids) would be feasible as well.
RossFC this doesn't take into account whether either Woodcock or Pasini get upgraded to the senior list. That would change things.

RossFC this doesn't take into account whether either Woodcock or Pasini get upgraded to the senior list. That would change things.
What happens if 1 or both of them get upgraded? Would we still have a chance to draft a KPF and fwd/ruck with late or rookie picks? (along with Jones/Schofield)

Can't see the club upgrading Woodcock or Pasini before they have to. Even Dan Houston got left on the rookie list for the full three years even after he'd established himself in our 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Ebert's role will be the hardest to fill. Wonder who steps up? Xavier is the only one who can compete with his all day 2 way running ability.

Its just spin and bullshit telling them to keep things quiet in the media.

The head coach doesn't say we are adding Jones and Schofield to our list at the B&F if the club haven't spent a lot of time talking to them behind close doors. Jones spent time during the preseason training with us and Schofield probably would have, if he wasn't injured.
Yes ... I am not sure why the fact that "Port havent spoke to him yet" is even a thing! He is in our Academy & has been in regular contact with PS, and surely knows we want him. We certainly dont need to interview him and ask him some silly bunch of questions when he has worked & trained with us, is a Port supporter, & wants to come to us!

Same deal, even more so with Schofield, who talks to his dad every night.

I am sure now that the trade period is over that sometime before the draft, Ken will have a quiet word with the boys to tell them that they will soon be Port players.

State of our List (assuming we take Jones and Schofield in the ND)

Main List (Min 37, Max 38)

1 Jonas 2 SPP 3 Burton 4 Marshall 5 Houston 6 Motlop 7 Duursma 8 Hartlett 9 Gray 10 Boak 11 Rockliff 12 McKenzie 13 Fantasia 14 Bergman 15 Amon 16 Wines 17 Clurey 18 Butters 19 Georgiades 20 Rozee 21 Aliir 22 Dixon 23 Jones 24 Farrell 25 Hayes 26 Bonner 27 Garner 28 Drew 29 Lycett 30 Schofield 31 Mayes 32 DBJ 33 Williams 34 Patmore 35 Ladhams 36 Lienert 37 Mead 38...............

Catagory A Rookies (Up to 4- unless 37 on main list then up to 5)

1 Pasini 2 T.Burgoyne 3 Woodcock 4...........

Catagory B Rookies (up to 3)

1 Fredericks 2 ........... 3.............

That’s my understanding. If anyone notices some errors (is Patmore a rookie?) please tell me and I’ll it this.

So expect 2 more delistings. We have picks 35 (522 pts), 47 (316 pts), 57 (182 pts), 59 (158 pts) and 73 (9 pts). To be able to use these picks for points we have to have 5 list spots open on Draft night. We currently have only 3 (Jones, Schofield and .........). #73 could get into the 50s by the time we use it as clubs use multiple pick on matching academy/ F&S bids.

My money is on Patmore and Garner.

So expect 2 more delistings. We have picks 35 (522 pts), 47 (316 pts), 57 (182 pts), 59 (158 pts) and 73 (9 pts). To be able to use these picks for points we have to have 5 list spots open on Draft night. We currently have only 3 (Jones, Schofield and .........). #73 could get into the 50s by the time we use it as clubs use multiple pick on matching academy/ F&S bids.

dont need to this year. can carry in more picks then spots this year

Geez, it'd be a bit harsh to know you were delisted for the sake of 9 draft points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back