Essendon 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

And most educated pundits would agree that Zac was tracking to be a very good ruckmen.

I am in no way saying that Sam is going to be the next Max Gawn, I am suggesting that in comparison to one of the best, he stacks up comparably.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No you said he was on the same trajectory which is different, if you simply said he had similar stats i would not have called it silly and just called it irrelevant.

In 2018 we played a system for the second half of that season that was as good as anyone bar Richmond, beating the eventual premiers and losing to 3 top four teams by a combined 25 points. The players didn't become stars and they couldn't carry it over to the next season. Why? The players didn't exit their prime, they clearly showed the ability to stick to an effective game plan for a long period of time.

Gale said enough is enough, but without Riewoldt and Martin being exceptionally dynamic players that system would have never developed. At most they'ed have developed a great defensive unit that would grind out results, but without that efficiency up forward the lack of reward for effort would have made it fall apart IMO.

We thrashed richmond in 2019 but were we north anywhere near contention for flag in 2019, emphatic no.

You might have beaten the premier but you did not do it in the finals.

Teams like richmond's strenght is not just the players but their ability to gradual rise according to the time of the year.

Richmond might start off the year as a C+ but by the time they hit the first finals, it's usually nearing an A+, no other teams atm in afl can do this.

This trait is uniquely exclusive to a dynasty team, i.e. hawthorn, brisbane of 2000s.

Im willing to put my head out to say that any team between 5th and 13th are wasting their time. Those in the bottom 6, most of them are going in circles. Most of the teams not in contention for the flags probably need to do a north melbourne style purge, do they have the will? If it ain't broken, don't fix it they say.

If your bone did not heal properly, it's better to completely break it again to reheal then to let it be alas you don't want a stunted growth.

It wouldn't be a bad idea for essendon to bottom out. It's better to actively reset then being forced to reset.

No you said he was on the same trajectory which is different, if you simply said he had similar stats i would not have called it silly and just called it irrelevant.

It’s not irrelevant though. When comparing the best of the best with a young guy, why bother with run of the mill type?

That’s not what society asks, it wants to know what it could hope for in a best case scenario.

For the record, since trajectory isn’t in the BigFooty vocabulary it seems, re insert course/route/path/direction instead.

Once again, I am not saying he will be the best in the comp but he is comparable to Max Gawn at the same age.

That comment was in reference to clubs like Carlton and St.Kilda who think making the second week of finals is some sort of an achievement

Fair enough. Agree with your argument that winning a final standalone isnt of itself a great achievement. But usually it can show a pathway to greater success.

Most premiers (Dogs 2016 the exception) serve a finals apprenticeship of sorts before winning a flag

Fair enough. Agree with your argument that winning a final standalone isnt of itself a great achievement. But usually it can show a pathway to greater success.

Most premiers (Dogs 2016 the exception) serve a finals apprenticeship of sorts before winning a flag

Oh absolutely agree. The masses though that are suggesting winning a token week 1 final is kinda funny on BigFooty. Especially compounded by the fact that only a handful of teams have won flags in the 21st century.

I understand this, but the clubs making up numbers are acting like it’s meaning something.

Well you need to be there first to win it champ you don’t seem to understand that for some strange reason also your players need to get finals experience before contending which you get buy playing finals

Mediocre clubs celebrate mediocre results.

Mediocre and Essendon go in the same sentence these days mate I don’t think there are to many clubs that would continue to stick with the same list manager for over a decade that can’t produce a list capable of contending in 15 years you can come up with every excuse in the book generally in this business if you don’t get results you get moved on not at Essendon though you accept mediocrity

Mediocre and Essendon go in the same sentence these days mate I don’t think there are to many clubs that would continue to stick with the same list manager for over a decade that can’t produce a list capable of contending in 15 years you can come up with every excuse in the book generally in this business if you don’t get results you get moved on not at Essendon though you accept mediocrity

Well you need to be there first to win it champ you don’t seem to understand that for some strange reason also your players need to get finals experience before contending which you get buy playing finals

Weird flex from a supporter of a club who hasn’t won anything in over half a century.

Again, mediocre clubs celebrate mediocre results. Yeah, sure it’d be nice and all making finals but clubs, players and rationale supporters want premierships.

Weird flex from a supporter of a club who hasn’t won anything in over half a century.

Again, mediocre clubs celebrate mediocre results. Yeah, sure it’d be nice and all making finals but clubs, players and rationale supporters want premierships.

Well you won't win one not playing finals ...simples..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just go from thread to thread spewing s**t onto the internet mate. You are a loose unit.

I’ve never seen a more pathetic group of people than the anti Essendon movement on Bigfooty

Truly is sad

Laughable...I’ve had bomber supporters telling me they’re right for close to two decades now about where their club is at. Not one of them has been right.
Pathetic in itself. Truly is sad.

I don’t check this thread for a few days and it somehow manages to become even more of a dumpster fire.
Nature of an Essendon thread. I see the pattern also. Same s**t on and off the field...only difference being the year.
Looks like another year of dumpster Essendon threads ahead...giddyup.

I see the pattern

Me too

73ff6eec83.png

Nature of an Essendon thread. I see the pattern also. Same sh*t on and off the field...only difference being the year.
Looks like another year of dumpster Essendon threads ahead...giddyup.

owen6000 and yoga are like those little wind up toys. It’s funny as * jezza.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back