Preview Practice Match: Crows vs Port, Saturday Feb 27/2/21 @ 11am

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, that's a reasonable assessment on that evidence, though we now have the additional evidence that is our refusal to play him last year.

The degree of inconsistency and incompetence in our club makes it it very hard to form reasonable assessments of their views at any given time based upon past actions I suppose.
We followed the same method we did in recruiting guys like Angus Graham and Luke Lowden. Get a guy in with years in the system who can fill a ruck role immediately if we desperately require it, though if we're lucky our #1 ruck will be available. We then have a guy or two on the rookie list to develop, but the important thing is the senior body ready to go if needed.

We obviously relented and gave Frampton the 3rd year to get him to the Power, but it's not a out of the norm move for us.

We followed the same method we did in recruiting guys like Angus Graham and Luke Lowden. Get a guy in with years in the system who can fill a ruck role immediately if we desperately require it, though if we're lucky our #1 ruck will be available. We then have a guy or two on the rookie list to develop, but the important thing is the senior body ready to go if needed.

We obviously relented and gave Frampton the 3rd year to get him to the Power, but it's not a out of the norm move for us.
I might be wrong, but I reckon he has triggers for that 3rd year.

Stengle never set the world on fire last season ( or previous seasons ) .... regardless of his off field stuff which also holds him back I don’t rate him as an AFL player
I think people were giving him wraps he didn't deserve, he was outperformed by McAdam in almost every way.... And Murphy in a lot too

Nick Murray?

You've seen more of him than I, is his kicking a problem?

I never really took much notice of him at the Murray Bushrangers?

Certainly subpar yesterday.
He has a long kick if not precise kick , a better natural kick than Talia or Hartigan so prob just a composure thing until he settles

pretty strong body and aggressive in contest as you saw yesty worth a rookie shot given it looks like we need cover there with our injuries

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unbelievable that he would spend so much time in the midfield ....: I prefer the hawthorn model with Hodge , Mitchell , Lewis when they got older
The Hawthorn model is difficult for us to implement, though, because it also involves those players winning 3 or 4 flags before given the friendly handshake on the way out the door to their twilight contract elsewhere.

Watching the match now.

Footskills are biggest difference between the sides. Port have guys like Houston, Hartlett, Burton, Amon, Rozee and Butters who are all exceptional users of the ball. We've got Sholl, Smith and Milera (whose career just ended yesterday).

Not good enough from a drafting point of view.

Watching the match now.

Footskills are biggest difference between the sides. Port have guys like Houston, Hartlett, Burton, Amon, Rozee and Butters who are all exceptional users of the ball. We've got Sholl, Smith and Milera (whose career just ended yesterday).

Not good enough from a drafting point of view.
Hamill's foot skills are top shelf.

Rowe looked good yesterday. Similar player to Stengle really. Smart and crafty. Would be nice to have both rather than have Murphy.
Probably less absolute talent, far better all round game.

The Hawthorn model is difficult for us to implement, though, because it also involves those players winning 3 or 4 flags before given the friendly handshake on the way out the door to their twilight contract elsewhere.
Not the handshake and leave but play him half back or half forward .... if it was good enough for guns like hodge and Mitchell it’s good enough for Sloaney

Remove this Banner Ad

Back