Official Match Thread Season 31 Round 5: Coney Island Warriors vs Gumbies FFC at Van Cortlandt Park

Remove this Banner Ad

After listening to Barrybran on turbo’s podcast I feel like he’s the kind of guy to say “well, he did like animals, and it was in the 1940s before I was born” when asked how s**t Hitler was

The definition of a centrist.

No not remotely funny, unless you were there as it unfolded what you are seeing now has no resemblance.

Shirley there are other things to dicuss.

Such as, this clay/plastacine thing. To me a Gumby will always be from Monty Python:

View attachment 1068101
I feel having first hand knowledge of an incident before being able to use it against someone is an awfully high bar.

I feel we should be able to fire barbs (especially at the @the injury factory) if we understand the jist of it

I also suffer from FOMO, everyone else is beating up on TIF, I don't want to be left out.

After listening to Barrybran on turbo’s podcast I feel like he’s the kind of guy to say “well, he did like animals, and it was in the 1940s before I was born” when asked how sh*t Hitler was
You make me sound like Grand Uncle Horace. But while we're here, perhaps GUH can tell us what Hitler was like as a child.

Wow. Enjoy your ban buddy.

Welcome back by the way. Can't say I've had much to do with you before. How are finding things early in your return?

Not minding it so far, still a little tight on time but trying to make an effort to post each week, threads have been a little uneventful for the most part (until the weekend that shall not be named) but there are some genuinely funny and witty posters both at the Warriors and in the teams we have been up against. It seems that there is a certain element that enjoy being more disruptive (and some that are just a downright pain in the arse) but for the most part it has been pretty engaging and the fact we will be 5-0 after this week hasn't been too bad either.

Wow, did you not just read the mod update? You can't just go around labeling people mate. Hitler was a person too.

Agreed, no mention of being an artist or author, typical LWNJ

Wow, did you not just read the mod update? You can't just go around labeling people mate. Hitler was a person too.
Incorrect. That is disrespectful to all humans. You have now been reported.

Not minding it so far, still a little tight on time but trying to make an effort to post each week, threads have been a little uneventful for the most part (until the weekend that shall not be named) but there are some genuinely funny and witty posters both at the Warriors and in the teams we have been up against. It seems that there is a certain element that enjoy being more disruptive (and some that are just a downright pain in the arse) but for the most part it has been pretty engaging and the fact we will be 5-0 after this week hasn't been too bad either.
I don't mind disruptive if it is funny, clever, etc. Unfortunately those who have engaged in that behaviour recently are anything but that.

That said, we intend to disrupt your winning streak this week. I've already paid the simmers but since you look like a decent bloke I'll put in a good word so you get some decent stats out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I must say I am quite impressed with you Barrybran. Pretty much everyone I have seen attempt to captain this sorry mob were never the same afterwards.. How do you do it? :think:
I just keep reminding myself that being the captain of the Gumbies is better than being married to my ex-wife. It's all about perspective and finding the silver linings.

I must say I am quite impressed with you Barrybran. Pretty much everyone I have seen attempt to captain this sorry mob were never the same afterwards.. How do you do it? :think:
Have you ever read The Ones Who Walked Away From Omelas? It’s about a utopian city where everyone is happy but only if a small child is kept in eternal pain and suffering and is never interacted with by anyone.

in this case, it’s Rodney Dangerfield being kept in eternal pain and suffering. He volunteered for it not knowing any different.

I was one foot in the door before you and Agent93 begged me to join the Hawks!
I’ve never come close to joining the Gumbies but I was gonna take up PhenomenalV1 ’s offer to co-captain the Dragons at one point, until Barry beat me to the jump and went to captain the Gumbies. Guess we both knew one of us was gonna end up being Bears captain.

I've been called a lot of things in my time but poo poo head is the worst. Welcome to ignoresville, population, you!
Oh hi Mr Stinky.

moe stinky.gif

Have you ever read The Ones Who Walked Away From Omelas? It’s about a utopian city where everyone is happy but only if a small child is kept in eternal pain and suffering and is never interacted with by anyone.

in this case, it’s Rodney Dangerfield being kept in eternal pain and suffering. He volunteered for it not knowing any different.
And look how he's turned out! He's gone from being a completely s**t qooty player to All-SFA.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back