Preview Round 2, 2021: North Melbourne vs Gold Coast @ Metricon Stadium | Saturday March 27 @ 8:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he played a shocker but Tyson might just have an important role in a swamp there about to play in up in qld..
Yesterday was fine and today is 29 and sunny. The ground will be ok. Having said that, it's a night game and I still would play a fast, running side.

I dont envy Nobes with trying to setup the team this year. I want all the young-uns playing but I know that we have to at least be competitive.

He needs to find space going forward for: Lazzaro, Phillips (in 2 weeks) and Eddie Ford (Also in 2 weeks).

Not easy balancing this team at present.

WB mate.

Knew you’d be back like a broke cousin.

I was pleasantly surprised with how our defence held up prior to the wheels falling off further up the field. Anderson would definitely help the midfield to retain the rage for longer. Hall will be at home in Metricon - for what that’s worth. My biggest worry is the loss of Corr, on top of Robbie not being available. We’ll really struggle to hold it together in the back half. You’d have to think Josh will need to go back to straighten things up. Unfortunately, then our forward line becomes even more toothless. Xerri seems to be only available option up front?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is sh*t mate, how much evidence do you need?

Soft, poorly skilled, injury prone and Slow.

Out: Taylor, Corr, Tyson
In: Anderson, Xerri, Spicer

B: Ziebell - Walker - Bonar
HB: Atley - McKay - Young
C: Polec - Anderson - Stephenson
HF: Scott - Larkey - Zurhaar
F: Thomas - Xerri - Spicer
R: Goldstein - LDU - Simpkin
I/C: Lazarro Menadue Powell Turner
Sub: Mahony

I dunno. I’m inclined to back Mahony in big time. No doubt, he had me tearing my non-existent hair out at the game. However, I couldn’t help but be impressed with his resilience and ability to get to the right spot. He’ll learn a lot from last week’s experience - I think/hope. I reckon it would send the wrong message to drop him to the bench.

I thought they said the Nerang river was flooding, and the water table was up, any rain would just hold on the ground. But it was just guessing.
It will be fine by Saturday. It was dry yesterday and will remain so for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember Nick Larkey and Cameron Zurhaar? I really miss those two. Hopefully, the get a game this weekend. It’s a shame they weren’t selected for R1. 🤣

Why is corr out? I thought he’d be a great match up for king.

Is this Bailey Scott’s first game back on the coast?

Why is corr out? I thought he’d be a great match up for king.

Is this Bailey Scott’s first game back on the coast?

I understood that the turf toe would keep Corr out. However, listening to Noble, it sounds like he will be available. If Jed is added as well, we’re in the match.

I know he played a shocker but Tyson might just have an important role in a swamp there about to play in up in qld..

I'd rather see Liam Anthony play for us again than watch Tyson play, he isn't AFL standard and battles playing a role. Jed in and Tyson banished to the shadow realm.

The A League game in Brisbane this weekend has been cancelled due to the water logged pitch. Is it better on the Gold Coast? Or they just make us play there even if its underwater like last time

The A League game in Brisbane this weekend has been cancelled due to the water logged pitch. Is it better on the Gold Coast? Or they just make us play there even if its underwater like last time
Hope it pours up there and they have to move the game to Marvel....

Copped 200+ mm across Sunday-Tuesday and I live less than 10 minutes from Metricon. Has been sunny today and yesterday. Is going to continue to be sunny until Monday. Moreton was damaged, Metricon wasn’t and drains better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back